Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Well... now we have a reason for senpai to be the actual antagonist, because now whoever wins the contest decides how these relationships are going to work out. It's really stupid to tie the resolution to winning a contest Kou. That was a pretty bad move.

I'm pretty sure Nene will do it regardless of the result

Making the entire promise even more pointless.

No, the promise is that it's Kou who will tell the truth if they win not Nene but ultimately Nene will build strenght and wanna tell herself. I don't say that right now she will said no matter what happen. I said that when they saw the results and they (probably) lost, Nene will say "Screw it, i'm gonna tell her anyway"

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

No, the promise is that it's Kou who will tell the truth if they win not Nene but ultimately Nene will build strenght and wanna tell herself. I don't say that right now she will said no matter what happen. I said that when they saw the results and they (probably) lost, Nene will say "Screw it, i'm gonna tell her anyway"

No, actually. The promise is that if Kou's picture wins Nene and Kou will go to Amane and Nene will tell her the truth. It was never Kou.

All I'm saying is that this stupid promise and contest are irrelevant to the situation and they could just go to Amane right away. This is all just for the sake of making things more poetic.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Ah Kou is best girl.
As flawed Nene is, all this is inform by her life experience and she's not social unlike Amane, so her not telling Amane is well teenage thoughts and hoping to spare Amane from her nastier side would grow.
I would say modelling is the issue but Nene loves it.

Last thing about Nene, simplifying her moderate love for Kou to her position of camera girl is cheap and unfair since for her Kou is a different person though Amane issue is a barrier. Kou's the hopeful girl in Nene's eyes.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

No, actually. The promise is that if Kou's picture wins Nene and Kou will go to Amane and Nene will tell her the truth. It was never Kou.

OK, that was me who remember it wrong.

All I'm saying is that this stupid promise and contest are irrelevant to the situation and they could just go to Amane right away. This is all just for the sake of making things more poetic.

It's not fun when you solve problems right away. Better drag it a little bit so we can make things more awkward. Like,how Nene and Kou are suposs to actin front of Amane right now ? Did they still gonna put the GF act orwill they drop it ? Did Nene still gonna try to be a bitch to Amane now she promise to tell her the truth ?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Last thing about Nene, simplifying her moderate love for Kou to her position of camera girl is cheap

As cheap as Nene's attempt to replace Amane with Kou is I'd say.

It's not fun when you solve problems right away. Better drag it a little bit so we can make things more awkward. Like,how Nene and Kou are suposs to actin front of Amane right now ? Did they still gonna put the GF act orwill they drop it ? Did Nene still gonna try to be a bitch to Amane now she promise to tell her the truth ?

I'd bet she will try to avoid her 100% of the time now. Maybe Amane being so distraught will lead to her not clinging to them as much either.
It sure would be helpful to know when that contest will actually be concluded.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 7:15AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

As flawed Nene is, all this is inform by her life experience

Informed or not, it doesn't change the fact that what she did was wrong, which is ultimately what matters.

Last thing about Nene, simplifying her moderate love for Kou to her position of camera girl is cheap and unfair

It's true though. Nene's "attraction" to Kou stems from the fact Kou, being behind the camara, will never compete with Nene for the limelight. All the opposite, it makes Nene the center of attention which boosts her ego. Nene ran away from her problems and tried to cover it up by replacing Amane with the first girl that put her on a pedestal. Kou is just a convenient and easy way out.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 7:34AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Sure, we can talk about the problems that led to her breaking up with Amane, but it doesn't help if she'll still find herself thinking the same way after that. So while it would certainly be nice if they could just go to Amane, the idea here is to show Nene that she does indeed look good smiling as well in an attempt to free her from the negative feelings that have caused this whole mess.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

replacing Amane with the first girl that put her on a pedestal

She will have go out with the photograph woman then.Nene fall in love with Kou because like Amane, Kou told her that her smile is cute. I'm pretty sure at first, she intented just to get a bit flirty with Kou for the whole"make Amane hate me" plan but ended falling for real but still using Kou for her scheme.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

replacing Amane with the first girl that put her on a pedestal

She will have go out with the photograph woman then.

The photographer woman is one of those who keep telling Nene she shouldn't smile. Nene hates those people.

ended falling for real

She didn't. That's why she couldn't smile naturally when hanging out with Kou. Kou noticed right away when she compared the pictures. Their relationship was dead on arrival since Nene's heart wasn't into it to begin with.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 8:01AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Sure, we can talk about the problems that led to her breaking up with Amane, but it doesn't help if she'll still find herself thinking the same way after that. So while it would certainly be nice if they could just go to Amane, the idea here is to show Nene that she does indeed look good smiling as well in an attempt to free her from the negative feelings that have caused this whole mess.

That might seem like a sensible solution if we were in a play, but if you put any thought to it all, there are hundreds of ways to prove that to her. In fact... they told her that dozens of times. If a contest victory is needed then that's pretty dicey. Even worse, Amane is in the pic too, so it could still be interpreted as "we won because of Amane's smile, not mine".

The idea is that when they are together that their smiles become better, but eh. It's pretty contrived.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

She didn't.

She did. It's not as strong as her love for Amane but she surely love her as well. There some clueswho point out in that directions. But in the end it's just that she fall for Kou for the same reason she fall for Amane, end up treating Kou like a substitute. Loving someone who is like Amane without being Amane.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

She did.

She didn't. Just see for yourself:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch08#1
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch08#20

Nene barely smiles when she's with Kou, but her smile is bright like the sun when she's with Amane. There's no comparison. She only ever loved Amane. She never really loved Kou. Even though she claims she likes Kou, the pictures show otherwise. Her smile reveals her true feelings, and her true smile is only for Amane.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 8:34AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

She did.

She didn't. Just see for yourself:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch08#1

Nene barely smiles when she's with Kou, but her smile is bright like the sun when she's with Amane. There's no comparison. She only ever loved Amane. She never really loved Kou. Even though she claims she likes Kou, the pictures show otherwise. Her smile reveals her true feelings, and her true smile is only for Amane.

You didn't read the other part of the message did you ? I said that she love Kou but much less than Amane, maybe inconsciously treating her like an Amane substitute. I can put pages too for my argument.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_volume_1_bonus#4
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_volume_1_bonus#5

That she can put an act in front of Kou, maybe but i don't see why she will put an act for herself. It's not that she didn't love Kou like she love Amane, it's just she can't love Kou as much as she love Amane.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

^ The pages you posted actually support my point. Nene barely smiles for Kou. There's no love there no matter what she says. In this manga the characters' true feelings are revealed through the pictures and Nene's feelings are pretty clear.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 8:57AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ The pages you posted actually support my point. Nene barely smiles for Kou.

She’s just trying to put her best foot forward—she’s cutest when she doesn’t smile.

(Sorry, sorry . . . Lol)

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

she’s cutest when she doesn’t smile

I actually agree with that. lol

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

she’s cutest when she doesn’t smile

I actually agree with that. lol

Whoa now... you think this smile
is worse than her emotionless or frowny faces? Get outta town.

joined Jul 26, 2019

^ The pages you posted actually support my point. Nene barely smiles for Kou. There's no love there no matter what she says. In this manga the characters' true feelings are revealed through the pictures and Nene's feelings are pretty clear.

She definetly did

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch04#9
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch04#10
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch04#23

She really loves her but unlike amane it's recent and without any trace of regret.
It is and will be much more complex there will be a real love triangle and it is not at all sure that it will end so simply in a nene x amane reunion...
Kou will also have feelings at some point, she wants her friends to become friends again but after that.....

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 9:43AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Oh right, that's gonna be a fun complication to fixing things if Kou up and gets legit smitten with literally anyone else in the equation (hey, even Hayama's still a possibility - nobody is yet actually aware of her psycho streak after all)...

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

You're the best Kou.
I'm tired of Nene, really tired. I just want to see Amane happy

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

She really loves her but unlike amane it's recent and without any trace of regret.

Again, she barely smiles to Kou. There's no comparison with the actually happy smile she had for Amane. Think what you will but she doesn't love her.

It is and will be much more complex there will be a real love triangle and it is not at all sure that it will end so simply in a nene x amane reunion...

The love triangle is dead. There was never a true love triangle to begin with. Now that Nene has admitted the truth, the whole drama is about how to get Amane back from Senpai who will no doubt make a move on her now that she's heart-broken. That's where the story is going. It should be obvious for anyone paying attention.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 9:59AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’m still all-in on Sensei Hotsy-Totsy x The Lizard of Love.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So what ? Kou will end without experciencing love ? It's a bold choice to make the MC the wingman in this strange shaped triangle but it's more bold to make her say she doesn't know anything about love and don't make her fall in love with someone in the end. And no, her camera doesn't count.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 9:59AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It wouldn't be the first yuri manga to have the MC being the wingman. Kou is a photographer, and I think she will learn what true love is through her camera after getting Nene and Amane together and taking a picture of them as a couple.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 10:04AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It wouldn't be the first yuri manga to have the MC being the wingman

Did you have some examples ?

To reply you must either login or sign up.