Forum › Adachi and Shimamura discussion

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

New series, I guess. Let’s check it out.

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 11:29PM

Nisshoku
joined Jan 9, 2017

There's a novel version that hasn't been translated beyond the first chapter about 2 years ago.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

There's a novel version that hasn't been translated beyond the first chapter about 2 years ago.

Hm...

Maxresdefault%20(1)
joined Jul 27, 2018

Reminds of the days me and my friends used to snort cocaine in the high school gym.

joined Nov 27, 2017

Reminds of the days me and my friends used to snort cocaine in the high school gym.

Well, fuck.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Has a sorta ponkotsu no uta vibe about it, so I'll see where it goes

Maxresdefault%20(1)
joined Jul 27, 2018

Has a sorta ponkotsu no uta vibe about it, so I'll see where it goes

I forgot about that manga, what the hell happened to it...

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I think the light novel is on Volume 7 and might release volume 8 soon. And still it haven’t yet translated. Too bad. The first manga adaptation finished in volume 3, and just recently it gets 2nd manga adaptation. I saw the Bloom into You editor promoted it on twitter. Yay.

Quiescent-Rose
Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

Was just gonna come and ask about the novel. I thought this was familiar. I’m so sad it doesn’t get any love from a translator, yuri novels are rare.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

@shojie07
I'm translating the novel as well. First chapter will be out by the end of this month.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

@shojie07
I'm translating the novel as well. First chapter will be out by the end of this month.

If you need any help with QC and such feel free to @me. I can't translate anything (ugh kanji) but I'm pretty good with proper English and proofreading and the like.

Maxresdefault%20(1)
joined Jul 27, 2018

I read this story before... it's a subtext
(Where I finish of read it, there wasn't nothing more than a VERY close friendship)

So we are not gonna see them fuck, dropped.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 12:38AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This looks nice :o

joined Dec 18, 2016

i found the 3rd chapter in mangadeck

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

@shojie07

As far as I know the vol. 1 chapter 1 was out already years ago but discontinued whoever the translator was.

I read this story before... it's a subtext
(Where I finish of read it, there wasn't nothing more than a VERY close friendship)

You aren’t really cool with everything, yeah? And the LN, it’s still on-going in case you don’t know. Calling it a subtext just because you finished reading the first manga adaptation? Lol

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 1:25AM

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

This is nice.

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Reminds me when i used to skip class at school to play video games and hang out with my gf, good times.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

@shojie07

You are doing the Yuri Goddess's work. May your feet never tire of life's long journey and may your trees bear many fruit.

So far this manga is shiny.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 1:53AM

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

This is yuri guys don't worry. Supposedly it's one of those "friends slowly fall for each other" story instead of a story where they fall in love in first sight. From what I heard they did start going out in the novel eventually but it'll be a while before we get there. IIRC they confess and start dating in the end of vol.6 (they're already going out by the latest book vol.7)

Supposedly there'll be some love triangle as well. I remember one person mentioning about an incident in vol.7 where a girl implied to be in love with one of the MC is talking to said MC on the phone while said MC is secretly making out with the other MC. So it sounds like one of those side character hopeless one-sided love towards MC (kinda like the dojo junior on sasameki koto) so be prepared for that.

Ah but I don't speak japanese and haven't read the novel. These are info I heard from someone else so take it with a grain of salt. Also these info are about the novel. According to MAL the manga was made in 2016-2017 in which vol.6 supposedly released around that time so there's chance that the aforementioned confession will happen at the end of this manga but again, I'm not too sure about this so take it with a grain of salt.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 2:45AM

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

This is my friend, they're stupid. This is my other friend, they're also stupid.
Sounds about right.

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

@shojie07
The first manga adaptation finished in volume 3, and just recently it gets 2nd manga adaptation.

Wait, so you mean the manga version isn't permanently cancelled? Do you have a link to the post? I was pretty bummed when it stopped publishing a couple of years back, so that's great news if true!

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

This is giving a "slow to burn but burns hot when it catches fire" kind of vibe. And it's so mellowed down that some of the little things start to look even more adorable when you notice them.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

@shojie07
The first manga adaptation finished in volume 3, and just recently it gets 2nd manga adaptation.

Wait, so you mean the manga version isn't permanently cancelled? Do you have a link to the post? I was pretty bummed when it stopped publishing a couple of years back, so that's great news if true!

This is the link from twitter https://twitter.com/bunko_dengeki/status/1104255190620758017?s=21
It will be serialized monthly in Dengeki Daioh...

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 6:46AM

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

I hope they actually end up together and not just "were the best of friends!" kinda slowburn
but eitherway I love this manga and the way it's going : )

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Well, that's a nice coincidence.

The novel series is among of my favourite books. The characters are wonderful, funny, relatable, and extremely lovable. While the manga unfortunately can't hold a candle to the books, it's still very enjoyable and cute. My biggest gripe with the manga is the less introspective nature of the narrative, and the lackluster portrayal of the character Yashiro, who is plain out of this world in the novels, and that strangely doesn't translate very well in the manga.

The fact that the novels are finally getting translated is amazing. I can't wait for more people to experience them!

To reply you must either login or sign up.