Forum › About a Lazy High School Guy Who Woke Up as a Girl One Morning (web comic) discussion

joined Sep 4, 2018

I do have a problem with suddenly turning into a guy. Heck, how can I continue to have hot yuri H? That's a total disaster.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The biggest problem would be if you were in a serious relationship with somebody since unless they were both bisexual and incredibly open minded it would probably spell the end of that relationship which would be really rough on top of all the identity crisis stuff. The girl friend from that web comic you are talking about would be like one in a million catch. I think even most married spouses would bail in a situation like that.

The thing is, they didn't even know each other before the switch - girl him got two girlfriends (and one boyfriend before that) in a short time where boy him failed - he had no romance ever and one friend . And both girls considered themselves straight, to boot. Also, boy him never saw his mom after she took off, and girl him had done the sensible thing and written their mother a couple of actual letters and restored their relationship, etc. It's supposed to be a female-to-male transgender analogy story, but honestly, everyone is supportive. Especially GF Emily who has the patience of whichever is the patron saint of patience.

I only brought it up because it is such a contrast. It's not like he has crisis moments, he has no non-crisis moments. With the knowledge that without the Misfile the strip is named for his now girlfriend would be dead, he says, on a daily basis, how the fact that everything in his life is pretty much perfect is absolutely useless and meaningless to him because he doesn't have his all-important gender - in front of his alleged true love and lover who would be long dead if he got his gender back.

So lazy boy is indeed lazy and I don't want to negate the experience of males in female bodies, but there is a certain advantage to not caring overly wherever that line is about your gender. lazy boy/girl isnt non- or a-gender or nonbinary, but rather, apathetic about it, and that's a legitimate take, too, IMO. It makes this typical cliched zany thing a little more interesting.

last edited at Oct 9, 2018 10:03PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

So lazy boy is indeed lazy and I don't want to negate the experience of males in female bodies, but there is a certain advantage to not caring overly wherever that line is about your gender. lazy boy/girl isnt non- or a-gender or nonbinary, but rather, apathetic about it, and that's a legitimate take, too, IMO. It makes this typical cliched zany thing a little more interesting.

Yeah, that's exactly what I liked about this story. I tend to like parodies and deconstructions of over done cliches and these "woke up as a different gender" types of stories always seem to revolve around the MC freaking out over what's happened to them and how its completely turned their lives upside down and here instead we have this totally apathetic guy who simply doesn't give enough of a damn to even really care one way another about what's happened to him which is hilarious.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This is funny. lol
'nuff said.

The senpai is kinda like Anzu Futaba if she was a guy who turned into a girl. xD

joined Oct 26, 2016

Reads title

Yes new genderswap manga, I always look forward to genderswap...

Het

Haha why is it so hard to find yuri genderswaps :(. Will follow for the humor (and potential trope subversions) but at this rate I'll have more success writing my own lol.

last edited at Oct 10, 2018 12:39AM

Flag-001
joined Jan 30, 2018

Reads title

Yes new genderswap manga, I always look forward to genderswap...

Het

Haha why is it so hard to find yuri genderswaps :(. Will follow for the humor (and potential trope subversions) but at this rate I'll have more success writing my own lol.

I know the feeling, just can't find a good yuri genderswap but we can hope.

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

^There is 'Girl Meets Girl', where the MC is in a love triangle between two girls after changing genders. There is also 'Tensei Kyuuketsuki-san wa Ohirune ga Shitai', which is about a lazy, sleep-obsessed boy reincarnated as a still sleep-obsessed vampire girl. However, the chapters released so far have not delved very deep into the yuri side yet.

But, I agree with you... most gender swap stories are either het, or tease between het and yuri, or they become yuri but the protagonist changes back to male at the end.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think there should be a tag for My Dick Is Confused

This one fits.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Best part: lazy guy will probably outlive stressed out roommate by at least 10 years.

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

I'm a yuri only fan here on this page but I must say this Manga is really funny and I like this artstyle

TheWidow-Sensei
Capture%20_2019-08-15-23-46-48-2
joined Dec 1, 2017

The blond kouhai is totally falling in love with the lazy one, I guess. I think his obsession for returning the lazy one into a guy is just a try to hold back his feelings. Yeah, I'm such a mawkish.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

It's a subversion of "genderbending = metaphor for transgender" trope. Instead of the genderbent protagonist's story being a metaphor for being trans, it's a metaphor for being non-binary and/or genderfluid.

.YEEEESSSSSSSSSS.

last edited at Oct 24, 2018 10:43AM

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

What about the one shot that the girls boyfriend died but got put into a girls body that they shared.
(can't remember what it was called) A smidgen of yuri in that, but i guess that's not technically genderswap

joined May 4, 2013

cries in trans

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

cries in trans

The classmate is like 10000% an egg too.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Lol the classmate is so funny

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

wtf I love gender-swap now.

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

i really like how the MC doesn't give a single shit about his genderswap and just continue to be super lazy like he always was

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This series is so great. lol

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Even as a girl myself, I never understood why they love to play with other girls' hair.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Even as a girl myself, I never understood why they love to play with other girls' hair.

I'm not a girl and I had GFs who wouldn't leave my hair alone. Dying it, styling it, etc. I am probably super tolerant and somewhat apathetic, so if I did wake up female, I would probably be like this guy. Still he should chill because eventually they'll have had their fun and then they can keep him presentable with attention once a month.

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

C-commando. That's... really taking laziness to the next level.

joined Jul 26, 2016

To reply you must either login or sign up.