Forum › Chevaliere discussion

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

pseudo-historical ?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Every now and then the Japanese obsession with school/academy settings starts getting tiresome. Particularly when shoehorned into contexts it has no business in.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Gee, Gerisier, how come your mom lets you have three kinpatsu shoujos?
Shino must be frothing at the mouth right now

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I feel like this manga was made by a young mangaka, like the Comic Girl's cast

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

wife in the first chapter? I think deserved at least subtext, way more yuri than Citrus at least

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I feel like this manga was made by a young mangaka, like the Comic Girl's cast

Judging from the art/character design, I think that's a fair assumption too.

Jpeg_20190503_195855
joined Aug 21, 2016

Lolis with swords?! I'm very interested now.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Striking "my first serialization" feel

Adeptus%20machanicus
joined Mar 7, 2014

Not tagged as Yuri

Stop being retarded. Two of them already have a wife.

joined Feb 11, 2014

I didn't blink at female knights. I didn't blink at a knights academy. But for some reason, I blinked at a French (or Spanish? Or is this an international school? But then wouldn't she be a samurai?) knight named Satsuki.

last edited at Jul 14, 2018 10:46PM

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

WIFE GET

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Moe up the butt?

4-koma nowadays requires moe-art.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ah, yes, finally a manga about the much overlooked girl's academies for knights in feudal Europe, populated primarily by cute Japanese exchange students already married to their waifus. It's a shame patriarchal oppression for so long has hidden this intriguing and essentially component of medieval society, and how a bunch of cute girls saved France from the evil English ...

Also, I predict that finally recent findings of medieval Europe being totally into onsen and other bathing/suspiciously Asian activities will be first revealed here.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Ah yes. This is exactly how I remember historical medieval European warfare.

60337920_p6
joined Nov 14, 2014

The art is very similar to Nekotoufu. it's cute tho

Kitsune Inari
joined Jul 20, 2011

But for some reason, I blinked at a French (or Spanish? Or is this an international school? But then wouldn't she be a samurai?) knight named Satsuki.

Spanish, page 5 says she's from Lugo.

She's supposedly Spanish, yet Satsuki is not quite a Spanish name.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

God I hope they keep this cutesy moe style while they wade knee-deep through the fallen English dead. Completely unironic, straight faced the whole time. Like Lucky Star meets Gunslinger Girl.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

To be fair, "Japón" is a Spanish family name since Date Masamune send a bunch of people over and some of them didn't return after Christianity was outlawed in Japan / stayed as an embassy. Could be that some of them gave their kids Japanese names*, I don't know.

And it's just a few hundreds years off from knights. Barely an inaccuracy in the grand scheme of things.

*probably not, as they would have been baptized with Christian names themselves

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Cerisier is Cherry Tree, so I guess Cerisier is meant to be called Sakura.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This first chapter felt kinda rushed, but otherwise it looks like it'll be a nice series.

pseudo-historical ?

Well, there is a Fake history tag.

I didn't blink at female knights. I didn't blink at a knights academy. But for some reason, I blinked at a French (or Spanish? Or is this an international school? But then wouldn't she be a samurai?) knight named Satsuki.

Same.

But for some reason, I blinked at a French (or Spanish? Or is this an international school? But then wouldn't she be a samurai?) knight named Satsuki.

To be fair, none of them have Spanish names. The others' names sound French. Even the series' title does.

Edit: apparently this series ended in 2016: https://myanimelist.net/manga/86326/Chevalière
And it was the artist's only series as of yet. They also had a Pixiv but it was unfortunately deleted.

Edit 2: Baka-Updates says the series is still ongoing and started in 2014 (while MAL says it started in 2013): https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=108575

Edit 3: And Japanese Wikipedia confirms MAL's dates:

(Third from the top)

It's kind of a shame.

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 12:15AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

To be fair, "Japón" is a Spanish family name since Date Masamune send a bunch of people over and some of them didn't return after Christianity was outlawed in Japan / stayed as an embassy. Could be that some of them gave their kids Japanese names*, I don't know.

The references to Englishmen and "saving France" would seem to imply period something akin to the Hundred Years' War though (the realm scarcely needed saving after booting les Rosbifs off the continent in 1453 after all), at which point Europeans were barely starting to poke around the Far East and Japan was ways off from hermetically sealing itself...

And it's just a few hundreds years off from knights. Barely an inaccuracy in the grand scheme of things.

Knights (properly men at arms or gendarmes in French, "knight/chevalier" having long since become a honorary title by that time) remained militarily relevant well into the 1500s during which time the Japanese were famously busy beating each other up with gusto and the "long-nosed southern barbarians" were nosing around Asia in earnest, a handful taking up service with diverse daimyo, so there's that... FWIW Japanese merchants and mercenaries (not to mention pirates) were a common enough sight all over East Asia those days so it's not like there wasn't window for interaction.

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 9:44AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

There’s no part of human history that can’t be improved with an overlay of cute Japanese girls.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

juanelric posted:

pseudo-historical ?

Well, there is a Fake history tag.

I was making joke on psuedo-incest but later I did think fake history would fit better. Had no idea we actually have tag like that though.

Blastaar posted:

There’s no part of human history that can’t be improved with an overlay of cute Japanese girls.

There's nothing that can't be improved with addition of cute girls.

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 9:14AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

why calling her "Cerisier"(french) ? why not just let "Sakura" ? for me reading sakura is more cool than "ceriser". Hum but i think we'll see a lot of feet weird position in this manga.

Get a wife just like that ? lucky you.

Because for a Japanese reader, a French word is a lot cooler than a bland "Sakura".

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Amazing. This chapter made all around even less sense than the first, and it's also now proven that everyone involved is certifiably insane.

Well, somehow still kinda fun.

To reply you must either login or sign up.