Forum › Going Off Course discussion

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

To be honest, I love trans ideas for the love live girls. Of course, they don't really are trans but seeing that someone gives my girls like, the trans way, makes it relatable for me.

joined Dec 4, 2016

Lol just call it futa it makes more sense this way, she has boobs (and penis?). Transgender meaning You is biologically a male I'm​ sure some(most) yuri fan wouldn't like this kind of story but I understand if some transgender reader want to tag it trans. I think like someone posted above this is just languange barrier or misinterpretion between futa and trans. Also it's rare to see trans work in Japanese dooujins(except crossdressing if it count), yeah I know pito is not Japanese.

last edited at Apr 14, 2017 6:34PM

joined Apr 26, 2016

Isn't futa intersex and Yikuph hormones give boobs
im an a cup

joined Apr 26, 2016

Like you can say it's futa but don't deny trans girls can become identical to cis
and as for jpn doujins here's a good one https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cotton_candy_love#9

joined Dec 4, 2016

im an a cup

More like a hermaphrodite, Yeah I know, but she is just teens highscooler, can't imagine she/he use hormones or surgery. But whatever if that's really what pito have in mind.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Transgender meaning You is biologically a male I'm​ sure some(most) yuri fan wouldn't like this kind of story but I understand if some transgender reader want to tag it trans.

I think the problem lies here since people, most especially yuri fans, really shouldn't have a problem with this. Giving it the Transgender and Yuri tags as some readers have already suggested would, I think, be the best way of dealing with this since I believe that it would both respect transgender readers and allow any douchebags to ignore the story if they would like it (yeah, calling people names is really the whole reason this thing started, but how can I resist...)

Also it's rare to see trans work in Japanese dooujins(except crossdressing if it count), yeah I know pito is not Japanese.

It is rare to see transgender characters in Japanese doujins, let alone Japanese anything, but just because they're rare doesn't mean that they don't exist at all. Wandering Son comes to mind. I don't really care much about Korean things (I probably should 'cause I'm Korean but whatever) unless they pertain to my interests (so anything with LGBTQ characters, basically), but I can't imagine that they're all that common over in that shithole and they certainly aren't in America either. Anyhow, my point is that just because they're rare doesn't mean that You isn't transgender. Lesbians certainly aren't all that common either, but that doesn't stop us from recognizing that lesbians are in some works of fiction, now does it?

last edited at Apr 14, 2017 7:19PM

Tumblr_oc0f2iedk71s038qvo9_250
joined Mar 3, 2017

Is there any comment about the art or the pairing? Or it is just an argument about transphobic misunderstandings? I didn't read the comments at all

joined Apr 14, 2017

It's either that or Transgender, I've not been sure which to go with.

The sex scene shows that it's not yuri however.

"a trans girl having sex with another girl isn't yuri"

go fuck yourself you transphobic cunt

It's not, no need to throw a hissy fit.

joined Apr 14, 2017

I made an account after years of lurking here to join the fight, but looking at it more closely, I guess there's no problem since the paired trans tag differentiates it from yuri. Only sort of put off that yuri is in there at all, but whatever it's just a word.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Please don't, posts like that are not helpful here, or acceptable in general.

joined Jun 1, 2016

Saw there was 175 comments, then I realized it was basically one big argument. Anyway another good read Pito

Screen%20shot%202017-12-10%20at%208.19.31%20pm
joined Dec 26, 2013

Saw there was 175 comments, then I realized it was basically one big argument. Anyway another good read Pito

The discussion and comic title is appropriate to the whole thing lol.

EDIT: I just woke up to find an argument starting to brew over again. Uh, guys I think it should really stop. It's just going to drag on forever since no side wants to back down.

last edited at Apr 15, 2017 12:52AM

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

Pito is awesome as always. Thank you dynasty-scans<3

joined Apr 26, 2016

im an a cup

More like a hermaphrodite, Yeah I know, but she is just teens highscooler, can't imagine she/he use hormones or surgery. But whatever if that's really what pito have in mind.

Intersex and she and teens get hrt look at Marika from Bokura no hentai

joined Mar 19, 2016

EDIT: I just woke up to find an argument starting to brew over again. Uh, guys I think it should really stop. It's just going to drag on forever since no side wants to back down.

I just think it's strange that dynasty would have such a transphobic approach to tagging a doujin with a transgendered character, so I'd be very happy if they changed it.

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

YuriSensei, I've been wondering where your pic is from? I want to find out more about that kind girl.

joined Dec 26, 2013

YuriSensei, I've been wondering where your pic is from? I want to find out more about that kind girl.

It's from one of the fanbooks on Hayate x Blade. Can't remember which one though but it's from there.

EDIT: Managed to find it. Here, https://dynasty-scans.com/series/hxb_fanbook

last edited at Apr 15, 2017 3:54AM

joined Dec 26, 2013

I just think it's strange that dynasty would have such a transphobic approach to tagging a doujin with a transgendered character, so I'd be very happy if they changed it.

Hmm, well it's being fixed as we speak. It mostly stems from the confusion of the translation of the tweet and the tagging on the original post on the tumblr. But as said, we just have to wait for further clarification or till the tagging is changed.

joined Sep 25, 2015

Just a reminder transgender x female isn't yuri.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Entoma posted:

You shouldn't use term transgender if you are not accepting them in the first place.

joined Mar 19, 2016

This is exactly why this doujin should be tagged as "transgender" and "yuri", so that people will realize that transgender girls are also yuri.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

meanmachinery posted:

This is exactly why this doujin should be tagged as "transgender" and "yuri", so that people will realize that transgender girls are also yuri.

No, they said it exactly because they don't consider trans woman, a woman, and wanted to "correct" us. Different tags wouldn't change anything.

last edited at Apr 15, 2017 5:42AM

joined Mar 19, 2016

meanmachinery posted:

No, they said it exactly because they don't consider trans woman, a woman, and wanted to "correct" us. Different tags wouldn't change anything.

It wouldn't change anything immediately, but it'd have dynasty take a stance and show that they consider trans women to be women rather than "futanari". Progress is made by small steps like that.

Ss%20(2013-06-03%20at%2007.40.38)
joined Aug 23, 2014

i thought the general rule is it's not yuri if there's a penis involved

did I miss something?

joined Mar 19, 2016

i thought the general rule is it's not yuri if there's a penis involved

did I miss something?

Yuri is lesbian fiction; as in fiction about two (or more) women, so the question is whether or not transgender women are women or not.
(They are.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.