Forum › Green discussion

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I read this long time ago but I see it in the "Featured series" and I needed to read it again <3 why I like the aaaaaangst when it touch me so much TT

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

This was terrific! the time-skips were hard to follow, sometimes it seems like weeks pass between pages. I think the Love Letter extra is some 3 years later? So hard to tell... at least 1 year.
The romances were all so sweet! Yuri yumminess! Happy endings all around? I hope so.

I do love the minimalistic art, but it made keeping track of which girl was who kind of difficult.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I do kinda wish there was a little about the "leftover" couple making a real connection with each other.

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

This was terrific! the time-skips were hard to follow, sometimes it seems like weeks pass between pages. I think the Love Letter extra is some 3 years later? So hard to tell... at least 1 year.
The romances were all so sweet! Yuri yumminess! Happy endings all around? I hope so.

I do love the minimalistic art, but it made keeping track of which girl was who kind of difficult.

By the looks of it, at least four years, given the story ends when they're in high school (ranging from 15 to maybe 18 years old if they're at the end of the last year, and that's stretching it really far) and Tsugumi is 22 in the extra, so I'd say 5/6 years time-skip.

last edited at Apr 10, 2017 10:26PM

joined Apr 18, 2017

Feels rushed at the end of each chapter

The whole "last" (6th) chapter felt rushed to me. It felt like they just had to resolve it, so they just pretended like Tsugumi wasn't really mad in the first place to absolve themselves having to fix the end of chapter 5. They go to the trouble of showing that while Megu and Ryouko may have wanted to talk to Tsugumi about it, neither of them actually did so (Megu contemplating contacting her on the roof, and Ryouko pausing and lowering her hand when just about to knock on Tsumugi's bedroom door). So basically: she find her girlfriend lying about her ex (whom Megu still keeps a keepsake from with her at all times) and seeing her behind her back specifically when Megu knew Tsumugi wouldn't be home... and her reaction is to not talk to her for weeks... and then go apologize to her girlfriend? (And for "picking on her"?)

And I'm the type who thinks that the overblown drama and serial misunderstandings that are so common in these stories gets tiresome, but Tsumugi's reaction was so tame as to not be believable to me at all based on what she knows.

joined Dec 19, 2016

I hate characters like Ryouko. She intentionally led Megu on and then threw her away when Megu fell for her. I am glad though this was one of those times where she wasn't forgiven for her awful behavior. Though I don't think that Megu loved her anymore, she was still just bitter about it. I'd be too. I'd hate that person forever even when I moved on.

last edited at May 9, 2017 11:56PM

C44d8dc6-30f6-464b-9df6-21306e5b293c
joined May 16, 2017

Must admit, wasn't terribly fond of this one. The art was decent, but I found there were times where it was difficult to distinguish between characters, made worse by inconsistent collor pallets for the same character in a single scene. Story felt a bit rushed, characters weren't very developed, and I generally felt it seemed somewhat disjointed. And as others have mentioned, the extra provides far too little information to be satisfactory. There's what I can only assume is at least a 3+ year gap between the extra and the "final" chapter, though that's never explicitly stated either. Wording was ambiguous at the end, only saw one perspective, was thrust into the setting without any remote explanation or information, etc etc...

last edited at Sep 11, 2017 3:41AM

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I'm mainly just disappointed on behalf of Chinatsu. I'm glad they didn't go the cliche route of 'pair the spares,' but it feels like she got unceremoniously dropped out about halfway through. Why do childhood friends never seem to be able to catch a break?

last edited at Jun 27, 2018 12:40PM

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Well, I re-read this (again) and I just realized that the extra chapter was talking about the fact that some girl x girl couples can't work because of how society works, you can't get married (in Japan at the moment this manga was made), you can't have kids, you'll have a hard time finding a place and maybe even a job... And, plus of that, even if Tsugumi real love Megu, this last still had her heart broken by a woman who wanted all those things, so I bet she thinks that when Tsugumi talks about kids and those things, she is saying that she "wants" it and if she "wants" it, she needs to find a boyfriend. We read that Tsugumi really love her, but I think the extra chapter is all about Megu fears of losing another girlfriend because "a normal life".
Or maybe I'm just raving xD

last edited at Feb 20, 2019 12:28AM

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Imagine a manga where everyone is an awful person.

Even after knowing that her girlfriend wasn't over her ex, she still continued to date her? ya stoopid and foolish girl

last edited at Jul 13, 2020 4:34AM by

So much toxic characters

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

The whole "last" (6th) chapter felt rushed to me. It felt like they just had to resolve it, so they just pretended like Tsugumi wasn't really mad in the first place to absolve themselves having to fix the end of chapter 5. They go to the trouble of showing that while Megu and Ryouko may have wanted to talk to Tsugumi about it, neither of them actually did so (Megu contemplating contacting her on the roof, and Ryouko pausing and lowering her hand when just about to knock on Tsumugi's bedroom door). So basically: she find her girlfriend lying about her ex (whom Megu still keeps a keepsake from with her at all times) and seeing her behind her back specifically when Megu knew Tsumugi wouldn't be home... and her reaction is to not talk to her for weeks... and then go apologize to her girlfriend? (And for "picking on her"?)

And I'm the type who thinks that the overblown drama and serial misunderstandings that are so common in these stories gets tiresome, but Tsumugi's reaction was so tame as to not be believable to me at all based on what she knows.

it's actually pretty in character for her to not make a big deal out of what happened. given the context of how she was with her boyfriend, she seems like she gets over things pretty quickly, and not bothered by little details. i mean, her bf of 3 years cheated on her and all she did was punch him. no tears, no crying to her best friend, no existential crisis. just a punch him and move on.

Even after knowing that her girlfriend wasn't over her ex, she still continued to date her? ya stoopid and foolish girl

actually, she wasn't "over" her ex because she was still bitter towards her, not because she was still in love with her. She was still angry so she wasn't over it.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I do still enjoy the way the story is told, but I kinda wish it actually led somewhere.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I've reread it today, the story is good even if it didn't convey the falling in love part that well. But I forgot the "Love Letter" Extra... I should just delete that part from my folder, it's such a unnecessary addition just to downplay everything that was before... I really don't know why you should make such an extra... it gives such a bitter taste to the story.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

To be fair it was believable if you take a look into Tsumugi's previous relationship.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Well, I re-read this (again) and I just realized that the extra chapter was talking about the fact that some girl x girl couples can't work because of how society works, you can't get married (in Japan at the moment this manga was made), you can't have kids, you'll have a hard time finding a place and maybe even a job... And, plus of that, even if Tsugumi real love Megu, this last still had her heart broken by a woman who wanted all those things, so I bet she thinks that when Tsugumi talks about kids and those things, she is saying that she "wants" it and if she "wants" it, she needs to find a boyfriend. We read that Tsugumi really love her, but I think the extra chapter is all about Megu fears of losing another girlfriend because "a normal life".
Or maybe I'm just raving xD

Maybe be true, but why you want to finish your series like this? I mean, really!?

To reply you must either login or sign up.