Forum › Green discussion

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I honestly didn't like this on my first read, and I didn't like this mangaka's art either. But on reading through their works again, I actually really enjoyed the story and found the art to be very refreshing.

Yuru-yuri00055-650x365
joined Mar 31, 2013

Yes, the story very blow me off at first. I remember i just read to chapter 4 and then i would angrily switch to another manga. But then after the time, I go back and reading chapter 6 makes me feel satisfy about the story - i guess good ending is always make me feel better :D

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I want Tsumugi and Chinatsu together >-<

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

I want Tsumugi and Chinatsu together >-<

Me too T_T

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i love ootomo megane, but i prefer the one shots of secret love, every story is like a poem, and the writing remind me rokuroichi

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

This Tsugumi x Megu pair reaaaaally reminds me of "Sweet Blue Flowers" - The relationship between Sugimoto x Fumi. Don't know why.

Tumblr_m6qk60jppk1r95frro1_500
joined May 28, 2013

I love the story of this but every time I reread it the "love letter" chapter always gets me. What does she mean? That the happiness we saw is going to end because they'll break up and she'll go to way of getting married and having children? it feels bittersweet and turns the rest of the story over.

joined Feb 10, 2014

I love the story of this but every time I reread it the "love letter" chapter always gets me. What does she mean? That the happiness we saw is going to end because they'll break up and she'll go to way of getting married and having children? it feels bittersweet and turns the rest of the story over.

Tsumugi said what makes her happy is different from what makes Ryouko happy, so I don't think she wants a baby per se, just that she wants to find her own happiness like Ryouko what has found. I also think Megu was more referring to the romance of love letters dying not the romance between her and Tsumugi.

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

it's always the same story... still I can't get away from them. I love them.

[anon]_zoku_sayonara_zetsubou_sensei_-_06_[ef044889].mkv_snapshot_14.45_[2013.11.19_22.41.04]
joined Oct 24, 2013

Lots of NTR. It's like Suffering: Yuri edition. But then her art is great.

joined May 3, 2014

??? but she said "I can't wait to see her again" sooo they didn't broke up...... it's a good ending.....DON"T EVER MAKE ME WORRY LIKE THAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last edited at Jul 3, 2014 4:40AM

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

not satisfied with the plot. i wish there wasn't an "extra" there are so many gaps between the main story line timeline to the extra you can't help but think what the heck happened in the time between (which we have no way of knowing currently)... and even if there was a second part I would rather read "after" the extra because its so much open-ended rather then answer questions it just makes more. all in all read the series I say skip the extra then you'll get a good taste in your mouth after you are done.

Akiyama.mio.full.858869
joined Apr 16, 2015

I love her style of art. It's simple yet (not sure how to explain it) not simple at the same time.
The story is great, but I feel like she could've expanded on it more.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

It's a beautiful story but also a little disjointed at parts. Regardless, the "Love Letter" extra basically leaves things so open-ended and bittersweet? that it's annoying.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I wondered why no one liked this. It's very relaxing for me. I loved the extra, everything sounded poetic.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

ieeheh

I wondered why no one liked this. It's very relaxing for me. I loved the extra, everything sounded poetic.

It's an interesting story but the extra really does have some serious issues. It almost feels like there's a chapter or two missing between the end of the main story the start of the extra. Ryouko wasn't pregnant in the main story as far as we were told, she was still engaged. And there was nothing at all about Megumi moving or whatever happened to make them have to write/call each other instead of being able to see each other too. And the girl who appears to be Megumi's roommate or whatever is simply there with no explanation or even name. The extra really didn't add anything to the story and just made what was a concise ending far more confusing.

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

ieeheh

It's an interesting story but the extra really does have some serious issues. It almost feels like there's a chapter or two missing between the end of the main story the start of the extra. Ryouko wasn't pregnant in the main story as far as we were told, she was still engaged. And there was nothing at all about Megumi moving or whatever happened to make them have to write/call each other instead of being able to see each other too. And the girl who appears to be Megumi's roommate or whatever is simply there with no explanation or even name. The extra really didn't add anything to the story and just made what was a concise ending far more confusing.

I would have liked the story otherwise if it wasn't for that extra. There was no good reason for it whatsoever. I almost feel like the author put it in on purpose to piss people off.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

I didn't think the ending was that confusing. Im guessing Megumi is in college somewhere else and they are still in constant contact indicated by her roommate remarking if the letter is from the girl Megumi is always talking to. I think the ending implies they are still together albeit really lonely being apart. Long distance relationships suck.......I know for a fact :) (turned out well though!). I guess it's a weird bit of realism in our fiction.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

starsaber123

I didn't think the ending was that confusing. Im guessing Megumi is in college somewhere else and they are still in constant contact indicated by her roommate remarking if the letter is from the girl Megumi is always talking to. I think the ending implies they are still together albeit really lonely being apart. Long distance relationships suck.......I know for a fact :) (turned out well though!). I guess it's a weird bit of realism in our fiction.

As I said it's a large and random jump that makes it feel like there's a chapter or two missing. Everything you said is your best guess and that is the entire issue. It's a guess. The author just dumps this extra chapter on us with no actual context.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

starsaber123

As I said it's a large and random jump that makes it feel like there's a chapter or two missing. Everything you said is your best guess and that is the entire issue. It's a guess. The author just dumps this extra chapter on us with no actual context.

I hear that many mangakas are "forced" into doing an extra, even if they do not wish to. Might be why it kinda sucks.

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Okay... It's great that it was not too long to reveal everything in just short chapter that is satisfying...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe

I hear that many mangakas are "forced" into doing an extra, even if they do not wish to. Might be why it kinda sucks.

Oh, I didn't see this until just now. Unfortunately I can completely see that happening as stupid as it would be.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I read the Love Letter extra as being something that is happening at the end of college. Whether they went to different colleges far apart, or Tsugumi went back to her brother's place for summer break to help her sister-in-law as she prepared for her new baby, I expect the two of them are going strong, but the fact that they live in a country where their relationship can never really be officially recognized makes both a bit uneasy...

Overall, I like the series.

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

It had me hooked on the first two pages, then i was baited.
Really nice artwork and simple storyline yet intriguing.

joined Feb 8, 2016

Feels rushed at the end of each chapter

To reply you must either login or sign up.