Forum › Posts by ganonderp

ganonderp
joined Apr 18, 2017

Agreed. I know that why all the dramatic/tension stuff like: "So you like me? What does she mean by "like?" She means like a friend right. It must be a misunderstanding? blah blah blah" exists and why is nearly universal in longer-running yuri (and most all romance stories), but to see them skipping from a first kiss straight into laying down relationship rules was funny, and it was actually SUPER refreshing to see the story immediately acknowledge "Okay so this is exactly what it looks like and everyone's on the same page" even though it's only a few pages so it's not like they could have drawn it out. I'd like to see more instances like this in longer-running series--as it stands they tend to end pretty much immediately after they actually acknowledge their mutual feelings.

last edited at Jul 9, 2017 8:44PM

ganonderp
Red Bea. discussion 03 May 02:42
joined Apr 18, 2017

Meh. The art is so-so and Garnet (and Beatrix to a lesser extent) are insanely, unbelievably out of character.

ganonderp
joined Apr 18, 2017

Funny and sweet :)

ganonderp
joined Apr 18, 2017

The main character feels completely, unbelievably dense. She said she loved her a hundred times, kissed her numerous times, asked her out on a date and she's like "are we just friends? I couldn't possibly just talk to her to clarify, no way!"

Girlfriend: "I'm so sorry I forgot or anniversary! I rushed over and brought cake to celebrate!"

Main character's thoughts: "I guess she's just here to apologize for the misunderstanding? I still don't understand!!!"

Girlfriend: "I'll never forget our anniversary again! From now on well celebrate every holiday together! I love you!! Yes, we are making love right now!!" groping

Main character's thoughts: "Is she making love to me as an apology?"

It's just beyond the bounds of believability.

last edited at May 2, 2017 5:18PM

ganonderp
joined Apr 18, 2017

Ok, hold up. Why did a lot of people complain about the sudden shift in mood from a cute romance story to sudden sex in "Conversation In The Language Of Flowers" (from the same author as this one) but no one complained here?

I mean there were only 8 comments here when you wrote yours, so you can't really expect to get a good sampling of the whole community's opinions from that few.

I personally didn't experience any mood backlash from that work, at least not any more than this one. I mean, one could argue this is worse than that in terms of sudden shifts in mood; at least in "Conversation In The Language Of Flowers" they had the excuse that one was drunk and it was after a marriage proposal. I don't know, I just think people were being way too harsh in that other work.

But I agree with you--in this story they basically go from intense bickering to confessing to eachother within about 30 seconds of the door being closed, and then they're having sex 30 seconds at that. It gave me mood whiplash. In CITLOF she was drunk and then got proposed to--I'd want to get down to business immediately in that scenario too.

The art is nice.

ganonderp
Poolside discussion 02 May 16:05
joined Apr 18, 2017

I was worried that their eyes were going to fall off their faces. Cute, if minimal, plot. Questionable anatomy.

Seriously. There aren't too many stories I've come across where the the art can completely keep me from being able to enjoy it--usually it's only a problem if it's drawn too chibi/child-like--but this art-style is one of them. Their mouths are thimble-sized, and their eyes are like softballs. I know manga is no stranger to larger-than-real life eyes (and tiny mouths for making a character seem more delicate/meek/feminine), but the facial features in this one are to the point of it actually looking creepy to me and squicking me out.

ganonderp
T-Spin discussion 02 May 15:15
joined Apr 18, 2017

i saw yuru yuri reference at page 10........

What is the Yuru Yuri reference? Is what she says after being kissed the same as Akari after being kissed by Chinatsu or something?

last edited at May 2, 2017 3:16PM

joined Apr 18, 2017

Did the whole premise of swapping panties to counteract loneliness, plus their overt reaction in class seem like a contrived way to add ero to this series? It doesn't come across as natural at all to me.

ganonderp
joined Apr 18, 2017

Why is it so much great yuri gets dropped, stopped, or... sigh.

Because we're all reading it for free.

ganonderp
joined Apr 18, 2017

I don't mind stories with multiple pairings but beyond two it usually borders on unrealistic. It's like that kiss and white lily series where literally EVERYONE is gay and it's like lol

I guess, for me at least, it just depends on what kind of story it is. If it's a comedy, feel-good story, or just a romance that happens to be occuring between women, then I don't mind much. But if it's a more serious story and the author is trying to get across to the reader the lonesomeness and tension, and even danger, of having to keep your love a secret from a society that considers it wrong, then the entire cast turning out to be gay by random chance can sort of make it feel disingenuous.

ganonderp
joined Apr 18, 2017

I like this story, but I just wish that in manga, when someone starts groping another person and the other person says "stop", that they would STOP. In chapter 5 Chitose doesn't stop until Yae starts crying. It grosses me out.

ganonderp
joined Apr 18, 2017

Yay for happy-end duck ^.^

The detective story hit me right in my heart organ meat!

ganonderp
Sloth Life discussion 01 May 04:53
joined Apr 18, 2017

Yeah, the "laziness" is just an excuse the the older sister uses to have sex, and engage in her fetishes, with the younger sister. That's why she said she couldn't make it to the toilet at first, and then immediately hopped up and went to the shower after that. And the end where the younger sister says "I cant let her find out I'm a pervert" was an ironic joke, since her sister had been making her do perverted things the whole time, and was accepting the older sister's excuse of "being too lazy" at face value.

ganonderp
Asymmetry discussion 30 Apr 23:58
joined Apr 18, 2017

Yeah, I don't see any reason for this to have an "incest" tag. Or really even "yuri", save for the comment about the aunt being a pervert when eavesdropping, and that could easily have been a joke.

Basically, being in Tsubomi is the only argument for it being yuri at all, and since most people here are reading it without that context in mind, it seems like both the "yuri" and "incest" tags are unnecessary.

last edited at May 1, 2017 12:05AM

ganonderp
joined Apr 18, 2017

She says she's sorry because she can't tell her sister that she loves her. That's my interpretation. Her sister says it twice to her, but she only says it back in her inner monologue, so she's just sorry that she can't admit it to her sister yet.

ganonderp
joined Apr 18, 2017

This. Love this doujin/pairing to death, but its taking forever for a conclusion.

I agree. In the afterword for ch. 10 the author wrote "I plan to continue the series for a bit longer", and for ch. 11 wrote "it's about time I brought the series to an end" however they also said they had planned to release chapter 11 and 12 together but they got sick. Having planned to release two chapters simultaneously (without announcing the end of the series beforehand) makes me think there will probably be more than just one final chapter, but probably no more than two more, since the author did specifically say it's time to bring it to an end.

Either way, it's a great series, but after so many years it would be nice to get a conclusion--hopefully one that is not all out tsundere again. Tsundere is fine and all, but for me its kind of painful to keep seeing if it is never payed off with some mutual affection eventually.

ganonderp
joined Apr 18, 2017

No one had commented, so I'll just say that I really like this one! The art style is not super adherent to the source material, but the characters all still feel right somehow. Great doujin!

ganonderp
joined Apr 18, 2017

No exaggeration, this is one of my favorite things on the internet.

ganonderp
SUI-PRE discussion 29 Apr 01:17
joined Apr 18, 2017

I'll never get this time back.

ganonderp
Triangle discussion 28 Apr 23:01
joined Apr 18, 2017

:(

ganonderp
joined Apr 18, 2017

The first 5 chapters are out there in English (not sure if we are allowed to link to or mention other reader sites on here, but it's easy to find with the name).

I'm as excited about it as one can be for something that makes you sad. Haven't had a chance to thoroughly check out tMnR's other stuff yet, but his page doesn't seem to be loaded with tags like #tragedy or #aaangst, so maybe things will work out for Uta-chan and Kaoru? Though, it seems it would take quite the change in circumstances for them to be together except in secret.

Is submitting upload requests allowed for this type of work allowed? If so, I might gather them up and submit them myself.

ganonderp
tMnR discussion 27 Apr 13:17
joined Apr 18, 2017

Looks like tMnR's getting a series in Yuri Hime. Dunno how I feel about the apparent premise at a glance, but hey, work's work.

https://twitter.com/r_yurihime/status/796638545234558976

So I stumbled into this work randomly online somewhere, apparently the name of this series is "This Love That Won't Reach". The first 5 chapters are out there in English (not sure if we are allowed to link to or mention other reader sites on here, but it's easy to find).

I'm as excited about it as one can be for something that makes you sad. Haven't had a chance to thoroughly check out tMnR's other stuff yet, but his page doesn't seem to be loaded with tags like #tragedy or #aaangst, so maybe things will work out for Uta-chan and Kaoru? Though, it would take quite the change in circumstances for them to be together except in secret.

Is submitting upload requests allowed for this type of work allowed? If so, I might gather them up and submit them myself.

ganonderp
Pink discussion 27 Apr 02:28
joined Apr 18, 2017

I always had trouble following this one since the characters look and act so similar. Her style's clearly advanced since then, so that's less of an issue with the recent stories.

I made a chart for this as I was reading the stories:

https://c7.staticflickr.com/1/342/32199377366_bb80663e5b_c.jpg

Since you hadn't been thanked yet: this is awesome, thank you! I'm sure it's helped other people keep track of what's going on as well, so I wanted some appreciation shown for it :j

ganonderp
Green discussion 27 Apr 01:11
joined Apr 18, 2017

Feels rushed at the end of each chapter

The whole "last" (6th) chapter felt rushed to me. It felt like they just had to resolve it, so they just pretended like Tsugumi wasn't really mad in the first place to absolve themselves having to fix the end of chapter 5. They go to the trouble of showing that while Megu and Ryouko may have wanted to talk to Tsugumi about it, neither of them actually did so (Megu contemplating contacting her on the roof, and Ryouko pausing and lowering her hand when just about to knock on Tsumugi's bedroom door). So basically: she find her girlfriend lying about her ex (whom Megu still keeps a keepsake from with her at all times) and seeing her behind her back specifically when Megu knew Tsumugi wouldn't be home... and her reaction is to not talk to her for weeks... and then go apologize to her girlfriend? (And for "picking on her"?)

And I'm the type who thinks that the overblown drama and serial misunderstandings that are so common in these stories gets tiresome, but Tsumugi's reaction was so tame as to not be believable to me at all based on what she knows.