Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

UlquiorraSchiffer1 posted:

On a more serious note, don't mind it Brolquiorra. You just asked something trivial. Just keep in mind that there are mostly women (les ?) here, and as far as I can tell, my super buddy @Matto and myself are the only (straigth) males, bound here by our limitless love for yuri and sapphic stories !

Just enjoy the yuri <3

Only you two? Oh that makes us three then :)

No offense, but considering your very "original" nickname, I thought you are a girl ;P (also I'm honestly surprised how nice and civil you, since most people naming themselves this way are pretty... wild, to put it lightly).

Honestly though. Getting offended by asking if someone is a lesbian on a site focused mostly on yuri, where a lot people are very open about their sexuality, is a bit of overkill. Not to mention considering "being rude" as a ban worthy offense. I'm totally with you on that one and you didn't do anything wrong. You said sorry in case your question is offensive, so I don't know what they want more from you (not to mention people here seems to forgot not everyone is a native speaker).

Yeah i know Ulquiorra is one of girls' fav :P But he was the first Bleach character i saw in my first Bleach episode so seemed cool to me.

I don't mind it. No need to take people too seriously on Internet. Thanks for the support though, man :)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yeah i know Ulquiorra is one of girls' fav :P But he was the first Bleach character i saw in my first Bleach episode so seemed cool to me.

Honestly never really liked him that much. And not because he is emo. He just wasn't too interesting as character in general. His design was ok, but again pretty cliche for dark, cool looking guy. I liked his second release though. It made much more sense than his first, cos let's be honest. His first basically didn't change him at all.

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ EkichoSHIFT

:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬ HAPPY BIRTHDAY \( ★^O^★)/ *:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ
:・゚✧And all the best to you! (♥ε♥)

Here's more cake!
________________¶¶
_______________¶¶¶¶_______________¶¶
______________¶¶S¶¶______¶¶_____¶¶¶¶
_____________¶¶SS¶_____¶¶¶¶____¶¶SS¶
_____________¶¶S¶¶____¶¶SS¶___¶¶SS¶¶
______________¶¶______¶SS¶_____¶SS¶
_____________¶¶¶¶¶_____¶¶_______¶¶
_____________¶__¶¶____¶¶¶¶¶____¶¶¶¶¶
_____________¶__¶¶____¶__¶¶____¶__¶¶
_____________¶__¶_____¶__¶¶____¶__¶¶
_____________¶__¶_____¶__¶¶____¶__¶
_____________¶__¶_____¶__¶_____¶__¶
___________¶¶¶__¶¶¶¶¶¶¶__¶¶¶¶¶¶¶__¶
________¶¶¶¶¶¶__¶11111¶__¶11111¶__¶¶¶¶
______¶¶¶1111¶__¶11111¶__¶11111¶__¶11¶¶¶¶
_____¶¶111$11¶¶¶¶11111¶__¶11111¶¶¶¶11$11¶¶¶
____¶¶111$$$$11111$111¶¶¶¶11$1111111$$$$11¶¶
____¶¶¶¶111$11111$$$$111111$$$$1111111$11¶¶¶
____¶__¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶1111$111111111$1111111¶¶¶¶¶_¶
¶¶___¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶____¶¶¶
¶¶¶¶____§§________________________§§__¶¶11¶¶
¶¶11¶¶__§§_§§___§§_____§§____§§___§§_§§_¶¶111¶
¶111¶¶¶___§§___§§_§§__§§_§§_§§_§§___§§_¶¶¶111¶
¶1111¶¶¶¶________§§_____§§____§§_____¶¶¶¶111¶¶
¶¶¶¶111¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶________¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶11¶¶¶¶
¶¶¶¶¶11111111¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶11111111¶¶¶
__
¶¶¶11111111111111111111111111111111111¶¶
_____¶¶¶¶111¶¶¶¶11111111¶¶11111111¶¶¶¶1111¶¶
______¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶111¶¶¶¶¶¶¶1111¶¶¶_¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
_______________¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶___¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

Let's dance!
< ('o'<) ( '-’ ) ^(. .)^v( ‘.’ )v < (' .' )> < ('.'<) ( '.’ ) ~(‾▿‾~)(~‾▿‾)~

Cheers!
(っ^▿^)۶自☆自٩(˘◡˘ )

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Let's dance!
< ('o'<) ( '-’ ) ^(. .)^v( ‘.’ )v < (' .' )> < ('.'<) ( '.’ ) ~(‾▿‾~)(~‾▿‾)~

:D|-<
:D/-<
:D-<

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@EkichoSHIFT Happy birthday!

Cannot keep up with the dancing, sorry^^

last edited at Sep 14, 2016 1:24PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I'm too stiff and shy to dance sober >///< ... too clumsy...

last edited at Sep 14, 2016 1:16PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Blackkitty posted:

Totally feel you on that one pats

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

It's roughly 3 minutes since my birthday because it's 12:03 AM at our place right now.

Happy Birthday! ^ _ ^

And on another note, this is like 2 times in a row where I wrote some ridiculously long post in reply to something...

joined Jun 22, 2016

Let's get Blackkitty drunk then! ^^

Here you go:
且_(・_・ )

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Honestly never really liked him that much. And not because he is emo. He just wasn't too interesting as character in general. His design was ok, but again pretty cliche for dark, cool looking guy. I liked his second release though. It made much more sense than his first, cos let's be honest. His first basically didn't change him at all.

I liked him more for the fact that he stomped the hero twice. And killed the hero twice before the plot device kicked in.

Not many character has accomplished such feat.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Wrong name Galich -Edit! ;)
It's EkichoSHIFTs birthday!

Well, looks like I got my today's share of screw ups down today. Whoops, sorry.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I liked him more for the fact that he stomped the hero twice. And killed the hero twice before the plot device kicked in.

Not many character has accomplished such feat.

True.

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Rina

Oh, Rina, you're back again! ^^
So here we go!

And on another note, this is like 2 times in a row where I wrote some ridiculously long post in reply to something...

You know, I actually like it when you get passionate about things and write about it here. It's just that most of the time I don't know the shows, movies or series you're talking about so I can't really join in (^_^“)
But this time I can, luckily (^_^)b

So, here's my reply to your TWD post.
It might be even longer than yours so I'll split this into two parts ;)

With season 6 of TWD I actually liked the overall idea behind it all. It was just the execution that really sucked ass sometimes – sorry! - and thus making it really hard for me to get into the show. There were sooooooo many scenes where I felt like screaming at the fucking screen. And I actually always liked TWD! Really! I adored the show! And I also know that with most action/horror movies/shows, there are always some moments where they force the tension a little. But they did that far too often this season and it felt like they didn't even bother to really try...

Let me give you some examples in my next post to help you see what I mean.

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Galich

Oh, you're back to your old profile pic! Nice...
I kinda missed that!

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

It might be even longer than yours so I'll split this into two parts ;)

I'll read it later on in the morning or when I've time at work XD

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Anon99 Back to square one I guess. Well, we all need a bit of variety if our lives..

Noticed how many people from this thread have noticed their pics, it's a bit weird.

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Everyone

Please excuse me for a second and ignore this wall post! m(_ _)m

And:
PLEASE DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY THE WALKING DEAD SPOILERS!

@ Rina

Episode 1: Ron's dad
He was an asshole so sure we ABSOLUTELY can't bury his dead body within these walls... NO WAY in hell! We rather take him out somewhere far far away outside the wall where it's oh so dangerous – they say this all the time – risking other peoples lives to bury him.
If the world outside is so dangerous then why the hell do this? Really cheap way to create suspense.

Same episode:
They (the producers) are actually stupid enough to show us a black and white flashback were Rick, Abraham, Michonne, Glenn, Sasha and Morgan along with a lot of other people stand in front of a shop filled with a few zombies, mentioning that the noise those zombies create could distract the herd and saying that they will come back!!! later tonight!!!! to clear it!!!!
What the hell????
Oh, yeah, 'cause the world in the zombie apocalypse is oh, so predictable... GREAT idea!
They stand there in front of that fucking shop outnumbering the few zombies in that shop by far – heavily armed at that! - and they don't take out those few zombies right away – even though they know they have to sooner or later!?!
So back in the present time line we see Glenn and two others coming back to that shop later on – when shit hit the fan of course – having to silence these zombies in a hurry resulting in one of them almost getting bitten...
I know this is supposed to keep us on edge – but how moronic do they actually think we (the fans) are?
Seriously, that is just BAD writing, very very very extremely BAD writing. It shows us, they are not even trying anymore...

Episode 3
Rick, Glenn and Michonne are running from the herd with a group of newbies...

….
…... Rick, Glenn and Michonne... the 3 people who walked with the zombies so many times before... are RUNNING... from zombies... with a few newbies... it can't get any worse than that!
I know that at first they are in a hurry to get back to Alexandria 'cause the horn is still sounding... but later on Michonne and Glenn are just trying to get those people back home safely...
Of course they did NOT think for a second to cover themselves in zombie blood and guts to become invisible for all the zombies around them... of course not! I mean how would they, right? Not like they've done that many many times before... Especially not since they were with some wounded people who weren't even able to run anymore... O_o
So of course the newbs all die... how surprising...
Lame writing once again.

Episode 8 when the herd breaks through the wall Deanna, an elderly woman who never killed a single zombie in her whole life, decides to run after Rick, the ultimate zombie killer (who happens to clear the whole city almost on his own later on), that Rick – who can handle himself out there, her words – trying to help him instead of hiding somewhere and gets deadly injured in the process...
They obviously needed to get rid of her fast and weren't really in the mood to think of a better way...
Her last moment was great, I admit that, but the things that led to that moment were just plain dumb.

Episode 9 when his brand new girlfriend and her son get eaten right in front of his eyes, ultimate zombie killer Rick just stands there and says „No!“ in disbelieve... Seriously, that's all he does. Michonne in the back with HER SWORD just standing there watching... But the moment Ricks son gets shot he manages to fight his way out and carries him to the infirmary...
Too ridiculous...
That whole scene gets even worse: The moment they left the house it was in the middle of the day, sunlight and all. The next time we see them still walking holding hands through the zombies roaming town, it's pitch black night! Just where the hell have they been? That town is really small. Just a few houses!!! Were they having a picnic in the meantime or what?
That's what I mean with not even trying anymore...That's also what makes me lose all respect for the show. If they keep going like that I will probably stop watching at some point...

I can excuse some mistakes every once in a while and also a little pushing in the “right” direction... but that was stretching it a little too far... And those were only a few examples.

Guess I'll stop here since my post is already waaaaaaaaaaaay too long...
I think you should be able to get my point by now.

However, Episode 2 was brilliant, I give them that! One of my favorite episodes ever!
The whole setup was close to perfection and I loved it.
But unfortunately that was the only episode where I can say that. A few others were good too, of course. Just too much stupid nonsense way too often...

Rant end ;)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rina, if you don't mind, I'll respond here, instead of spamming anime thread, since we are going a bit off topic. Don't really have time to properly dissect it right now, so I will do it tomorrow. Also don't worry, I always end up making long posts in threads, but nobody responds to them, so I'm left feeling completely ignored hides in corner

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Galich

Noticed how many people from this thread have noticed their pics, it's a bit weird.

Yeah, right?
Sometimes I come here and think, oh, new members! But then I see, oh, just a new pic ^^

So how have you been lately?

@ Nevri

hehehe
Another wall poster ;)
Welcome to the club (^_-)b

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

One more message for Rina xD
@Rina

It's a company that repairs and replaces fire extinguishers...tbh I'm feeling like forcing a fail on the module since the workplace is making my anxiety issues act up (yes, it's rather ironic that I am watching horror films despite having anxiety issues.)

Oh, fire extinguishers..I wouldnt have guessed if I had tried.. so it's too late to switch to another place? "
One of my previous jobs made me feel anxious.. it was a nightmare to bare with it.. sends you support

If anything I think those 2 films would appeal to your tastes more because they focus less on the violence and gore but more on the character building and slapstick aspects.

Hey, you know what, I will give a chance to these two movies then! Thank you ^_^ I appreciate it really! Every rule has its exceptions, but I've never been interested enough to search for those in the zombie genre ^^

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Well that wasn't as long as I expected...and tbh...I don't really agree with anything you've mentioned.

Ep 1: This has always been a long-tradition for Rick's group in that they only bury friends, I found this as more of a moral issue in that Rick doesn't see Ron's dad as someone that should be given the honor of being buried with those that died vallianty; heck I think Rick would've just left his body out for walkers if he had his way. Can't really say that I remember much about the store, but the entire plan in itself got botched iirc because the Walkers left the quarry too early.

Ep 3 - The covering in Walker Guts method isn't fail-proof, one unfortunate slight of rain and the hunt is on again; not to mention every case in which the group has ever used that method, they needed an extensive amount of time to prepare it properly; Rick and Glenn took their time in S1, Carol mostly had a ton of time preparing before she got to Terminus. Even Micchone's walker pets required a robe to tie them together.

Ep 8 IIRC, if Deanna hadn't stepped in Rick would've been bitten by a back-roaming Walker. Also, I found it rather poetic to have her character step in and help because it shows that everyone in Alexandria will have to fight eventually or die trying, having Deanna go first shows that she truly understood what Rick meant by having to fight and sees him as the person that should succeed her in leading the town if they survive all this.

Ep 9 To be fair, that scene was played on in slow motion; and it highlights that this is the 2nd time in Rick's life post apocalypse that someone he loved died, in reality I think the scene only played out in a very short time-span and lasted until Carl gets shot by Ron. Also at one point they changed direction and let Father Gabriel take Judith to safety, there isn't really an accurate time gauge as to when did they actually leave in relation to what time the night scene afterwards took place, plus, I don't think Alexandria was really "small" in both the series and the comics, they just condensed a filming into a few locations because there were actual ppl living there iirc.

Tbh I was expecting glaring flaws being pointed out but most of these just seemed like individual dislikes and perception dissonance rather than actual problems with the season itself. Can't really say I am looking forward to seeing more examples if it's just going to boil down to a back-and-forth discussion between views of certain events; I mean, I understand where you're coming from and why you might dislike them, but if the other examples are going to be the same then I'd rather not continue this.

last edited at Sep 14, 2016 2:28PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Galich

hey, you are back, you lurking goddess!! xD

@Nevri

Thank you, it's good to know someone shares my pain...

@Anon

Let's get Blackkitty drunk then! ^^

Then I will start jumping around from too much energy...you don't want to see that either...

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Oh, fire extinguishers..I wouldnt have guessed if I had tried.. so it's too late to switch to another place? "
One of my previous jobs made me feel anxious.. it was a nightmare to bare with it.. sends you support

I don't think I can change it... ^ ^"

Still, it could be nice, I could be just sitting around all day for the next 3 months...I'll see how it goes.

Hey, you know what, I will give a chance to these two movies then! Thank you ^_^ I appreciate it really! Every rule has its exceptions, but I've never been interested enough to search for those in the zombie genre ^^

Hope you enjoy them! ^ o ^

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Joyeux anniversaire @EkichoSHIFT !

Blackkitty posted:

Guesse we're three then; well I'm not that shy but I hate dancing, I hate getting drunk (well, even drinking) and I can't even dance properly. Usually, my presence is enough to kill the mood ^^.

@Galich

hey, you are back, you lurking goddess!! xD

Well, the word devil instead of goddess would be more adequate here.
A" lurking goddess" ? Reminds me of Lobo from Spice and Wold somehow.

I don't think I can change it... ^ ^"
Still, it could be nice, I could be just sitting around all day for the next 3 months...I'll see how it goes.

Good luck on your job. A good way to fight anxiety (well, it worked for me) is just not to care at all about your co-workers, to behave like you're invisible and to diligently do all your work. Like the dark-haired girl on Galich new-old avi

last edited at Sep 14, 2016 3:09PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Something extra to add onto the zombie genre in relation to anime from what I've observed: it seems like most of the recent zombie apocalypse anime, Koutesujou no Kabaneri, Gakkou Gurashi and Highschool of the Dead, heavily emphasizes on retaining the innocence and/or companionship of youth.

Kabaneri has a rather polarizing development for Mumei's character in the later eps, but as a whole her story arc shows her journey from being a somewhat nonchalant and cold warrior, into a girl that has been given a 2nd chance at a life outside of bloodshed and violence; again, empasizing on the innocence of youth that shouldn't be lost even in such circumstances.

Gakkou Gurashi heavily masks it's zombie apocaplypse theme by telling it's story through the lens of Yuuki's severe perceptual dissonance, at the same time, this plot-framing device is also used to highlight that while the girls are trapped in a world where they have to fend to survive, they shouldn't lose the innocence that comes with them being young nor should they focus solely on just surviving instead of living.

Highschool of The Dead, while not exactly heavily emphasizing on maintaining innocence, is actually one of the more cheerful and upbeat zombie genre entries and tbh, was what introduced me into manga. At it's core, HoTD focuses particularly on the aspect of companionship and maintaining the zestiness that comes with youth, and I found this to be especially nuanced in the anime during the final moments of Ep 12 with the choice of ending theme and the note that it ended on.

These cases are interesting because it's a stark contrast to the West which seems to emphasize that children and youth living in the zombie apocalyptic world will have to sacrifice their innocence and childhood, to see the new world of bloodshed as the norm; occasionally it can be argued that keeping innocence is important, but usually it is sidelined for advocating that survival should take precedent. Again, this is just a personal hypothesis of mine and it might not be a valid trend, but, I think it is something interesting to note.

edit: This post was short, yay!
edit2: @BlackKitty, I would greatly recommend Gakkou Gurashi along with those 2 movies, it's really really good
edit3: @Utopia, Thanks for the encouragment! ^ o ^

last edited at Sep 14, 2016 3:12PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.