Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

That moment when you just got here after a long time and you find out that something came up.

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

Wowzers, I wonder what it feels like to be in a relationship. Kind of funny since our lessons in Health right now is about courtship and all that mumbo-jumbo. 'Cher talked about something like 'speed dating' for an activity, but I can't really grasp the concept. (^__^;)

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

The problem ain't me not feeling confident enough or worrying if it'll work out or not
The problem is me not feeling anything about it, as of now i find myself really not caring if we'll hook up or not, and i know very well this is a very poisonous mindset for a relationship, but... I don't care

Well, our relationship in the past was never one of the best, she's never been the ex i think of most when i want to relive the good old memories not that i have many, but y'know and i always knew she cared more about me than i cared about her

...Damn, putting into words like that it's really obvious nothing good will come out of it, it's true that i'm pretty lonely but i'm not desperate, at least not enough to fail at meeting someone's expectations again, so i better be a fine lady and politely reject her than being the heartless bitch who's in only for the intimacy

As I read through your words I can't help thinking that probably nothing fruitful will come out of the situation in the long term... if you don't care, then what's the point. And if she truly has some expectations of you, even though she was to break up with you and all, then it's not nice to play around with her like that, I guess.
And who knows, while wasting your time with your ex, you could miss your chance to find a new girl that would cure your loneliness, one that you would really care about :)

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ EkichoSHIFT

Don't worry about awkward moments ;)
Awkward is my second name! (◦’ںˉ◦)b

Speed dating...?
Well... I can see one advantage at least. It saves you the trouble of saying „Sorry, not interested, bye!“ After the time limit they need to leave anyway... But the whole concept is kinda weird anyway... Feels like a meat market. ;)

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

That moment when you just got here after a long time and you find out that something came up.

welcome back!

Despite my old age xD, I'm no relationship expert either..

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Kyonne

Oh believe me i know very well that she's fucked up crazy o_o XD

Fucked up crazy...? Well... if that doesn't sound sexy... o_O
;)

so i better be a fine lady and politely reject her than being the heartless bitch who's in only for the intimacy

Sounds like the best option here.
Go and be the fine lady that you are! ^^
I'll root for you! (˘̩̩̩▽˘̩̩̩)/

@ Blackkitty

Hi, Grandma! ;P

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon

Hi, Grandma! ;P

Hi, Nan!! ;)

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ Nice! You remembered that! (^_^)b

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

^ Nice! You remembered that! (^_^)b

I do remember things sometimes!

Plus, I've been watching the show these days. Told you I like it! :)

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So I just finished watching Korea's Kabaner- I mean Train to Busan...that was actually a rather good film tbh, went out with the general feeling of paranoia that comes with the zombie apocalypse genre and, oddly, a tinge of sadness; the latter is quite rare even in the horror film genre.

Overall, feels more like zombie-themed melodrama than a full-spec'd zombie genre entry. But then again, not everything can be the next TWD; would recommend it if anyone looking for tears, despair and a tinge of rage to go for the next zombie friday popcorn night.

last edited at Sep 13, 2016 10:40AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ So... you like The Walking Dead, huh...?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I don't just like The Walking Dead, I love it ^ _ ^ it's one of the things that I look forward to watching every year.

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ ... then... Finally we have something to talk about!!!! ^____^

Who's your favorite character?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Now that's a hard question, all of them are really great ^ ^" But I guess I'll have to say Rick, his character development is so unpredictable and interesting to watch.

On another note, I really need to watch some cute things now...too much despair.

last edited at Sep 13, 2016 11:23AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ Rick is (was) good from the beginning.
But for me it was Daryl in the first seasons. Then after season 2 it was Hershel and Michonne. Then Carol developed into a total badass, so it was her until they kinda fucked her character up in those last few episodes... The last season really wasn't all that great... The only character I absolutely didn't wanna see dying was Sasha. A few episodes after the midseason break I kinda stopped caring about them all apart from her. I hope they'll be able to fix that again. I can't stand that feeling ^^

Do you watch Fear as well...?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I liked Carol's development tbh. I mean, that moment of regret from being too trigger-happy about killing people has always been around in TWD; Rick had it somewhere in the series but found his balance between sane and crazy, Morgan ended up on the opposite spectrum with his "all life is precious" mantra, which has been overturned as of the last ep of S6.

I have faith that Carol will still retain her killing instincts later on but find "zen" with herself like Rick did - actually, it seems like Morgan might have the inverse development where he starts to accepting killing on neccessity.

Ironically, Sasha is the only character where I actually don't really care about. I mean, she's still good but I don't think her character got much development after getting over Tyrese's death and even her relationship with Abraham is more situated on his character development. So far, even Father Gabriel and Eugene recieved character developments that are more significant :/

Outside of the S1 cast (minus Glen) which is pretty much set in stone atm, the character that I don't wish to see dying is Tara. Hopefully she finds another love interest now that Denise has died...of which I didn't really cared much for tbh since I didn't liked her character all that much and actually found it good that her death extended the life-line for Abraham.

I've not watched any part of Fear, it doesn't air here.

last edited at Sep 13, 2016 12:18PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ I don't mind developing already great characters into another direction but with Carol in those last few episodes it just didn't feel natural at all. To me it felt so forced. Most stuff they pulled in recent episodes felt forced. That's why I lost all feelings for it.

I liked Sasha best because everything she did made sense. She acted like a normal human being. I know that many wanted her to die but I like her very much.
At the end of the season I even liked Gabriel better than all the rest of the main characters... which says a lot ^^

You don't miss much if you can't watch Fear. It's okay but not all that great.
The second season started really boring but the last two episodes got a little better.
I hope it will continue like that.

Who do you think they killed in the last TWD episode?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

-pops in thread

-sees the walking dead

-throws up

-leaves >_>

last edited at Sep 13, 2016 1:32PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ If you throw up in here, you gotta clean that up yourself ;)

What's wrong with TWD...? o_O
It used to be really good...

Don't leave!!!

last edited at Sep 13, 2016 1:39PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I don't have to clean I already left >_>

It's really really boring D:

And is one of those shows which seems to be all "oh look at us we kill everyone off randomly oh we're so trendy"... And I hate zombie media >_>

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I don't have to clean I already left >_>

You are so lazy... ;)

And is one of those shows which seems to be all "oh look at us we kill everyone off randomly oh we're so trendy"... And I hate zombie media >_>

Not my cup of tea either.

joined Jun 22, 2016

Boo! Just boo!
You're the only boring peeps here!
Zombies are cool! Look at me! They're adorable!!! ;)

Well... with the recent season, I can even understand your disinterest ^^

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Zombies are pretty boring nowadays for the most part since they all are the same sleep inducing style of zombies. So sick of these zombies.

Gimmie supernatural zombies, like actual living dead magic fantasy stuff.

Zombies are more oversaturated than WW2 FPS games ever were.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Same.

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ CCL

I can understand when people are not too fond of zombie shows since the concept itself is really stupid. But I kinda always liked it. If you accept that stupid premise it can still be a good movie or a good TV show. Walking Dead is kinda complicated in that regard... it's such a mixed bag... ^^
It started so strong with season 1, then it turned into a soap opera with an occasional zombie in the background in season 2, season 3 and 4 got a lot darker again, with season 5 they somehow seemed to run out of creative ideas but the strong characters still made you keep watching but season 6... well... so many stupid scenes, nothing new at all, no creativity at all and they even messed up the great and strong characters to make you feel like „okay, I just don't give a fuck anymore“... so yeah... pretty mixed adventure...

But this:

And is one of those shows which seems to be all "oh look at us we kill everyone off randomly oh we're so trendy"...

is not really true anymore. They stopped doing that for a while now and it made the show even worse. A lot of people survived situations they never ever would have in real life making people believe that they'll not kill off any of the major characters any time soon and thus making the show really kinda boring... for me at least.

@ ZuljinRaynor

Supernatural zombies... sounds interesting ^^
Goes in the mummies direction...

To reply you must either login or sign up.