Forum › Anime season

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I guess that is the closest Ghibli got to making a yuri.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Does anyone know how well New Game!'s anime is doing in Japan? I want to know if we'll get a sequel with the next volumes' stuff. :P

It's doing okay. Not great, but not bad.
But that doesn't matter. Studio is Doga Kobo. They didn't make one proper sequel since 2012, even when their shows sold well. So there's almost no chances, anyway, sadly.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Does anyone know how well New Game!'s anime is doing in Japan? I want to know if we'll get a sequel with the next volumes' stuff. :P

But that doesn't matter. Studio is Doga Kobo. They didn't make one proper sequel since 2012, even when their shows sold well. So there's almost no chances, anyway, sadly.

i guess we wiil have to read the manga the problem with 12 ep animes base in 4 komas is that never get second seasonsi think kirino mosaic get it but if recall correct thats the only one im still wating for 2 season of gekkan shoujo nozaki kun

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

still wating for 2 season of gekkan shoujo nozaki kun

Also made by Doga Kobo. Sorry...

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Forgot to reply to this, good to see that someone else see how great Nya and Nya x Eins is. Tbh, as much I wish she gets 2 eps like everyone, it makes sense that her "arc" is only one ep because she was always the most stable of the group.

True, isn't it a bit bizzare how the slothest girl is also the most reasonable? Like she is probably the only one who will escape from becoming Saya's haremite lol. And was always staying outside the silly drama going on in the baths.
Her story with Eins also felt more real, and not just a plain reason like bffs or crush etc.
I like these type of stories because romance is the easiest way to write and develop a character and explain their motivations behind their actions. But betrayal and regret is less common and maybe more realistic. Also it hurts more than the rest.

But I shipped these two since episode one when Eins was trying to make Nya fight her xD
Well, her being lazy still shouldn't be an excuse to why her episode was only 1. But maybe they did this so she can get more development in the final battle as well.
I'll check the link when I get some free time!

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Indeed, Nya is the only member that didn't have Saya being an intergral "pillar" to the success of her battle with Eins nor needed Saya to help realize what she had to do, which was a refreshing change of pace.

Hmm...I never thought about the backstory from that angle lol, I liked the backstory because it fits into Nya's character personality thematically, and it gave the battle an emotional context without having Nya go through the same situations that the other girls face. Thinking about it now, it frames Nya as a character that was much more mature than the other girls in that she already experienced such losses (betraying Eins and having to leave her behind) and somewhat got over it, but she was still aware of the mistakes that she made back then as compared to the other girls.

Also, I'm glad to know that I wasn't only one that thought they had the most "unique" chemistry of all the pairings; Eins and Nya's relationship was something that stood out in that it wasn't explained why was Eins so fixated on Nya. And the way their dialogue played out, particularly from Eins, was so flirtatious that it seems like there is some low-key romantic tension between them. Interestingly to note, Eins is the only Ouroboros Darkness affected EXR member that actually placed her "destroy the world" mission as something secondary to her battle with Nya, and since it has been established that the darkness amplifies the host's inner desires and how her dialogue actually got more flirtatious in the battle, I think there's a really high chance that Eins is in love with Nya.

I personally just hope that Nya and Eins will have a longer "closure" scene next week, if time provides for it and Aoi (the last remaining EXR) doesn't immediately attack the crystal +/- base.

last edited at Sep 16, 2016 1:12PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Aw, New Game ;___;
On the other hand, this is what I've been waiting to see animated the entire time, and low key died when i saw it

joined Jan 8, 2016

Aw, New Game ;___;
On the other hand, this is what I've been waiting to see animated the entire time, and low key died when i saw it

Rin and Kou are married and no one convinces me otherwise.

Also, why are tomboys so much more meh when they get dolled up.

Edit: This confuses me

last edited at Sep 16, 2016 1:42PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Interestingly to note, Eins is the only Ouroboros Darkness affected EXR member that actually placed her "destroy the world" mission as something secondary to her battle with Nya, and since it has been established that the darkness amplifies the host's inner desires and how her dialogue actually got more flirtatious in the battle, I think there's a really high chance that Eins is in love with Nya.

Also in the first episode Ein's facial expressions were pretty flirty. I shipped them from the beggning. But to be honest, Nya doesn't seem to be in love with her from what has been shown last episode. I don't think it would be a good arguement that Nya is automatically in love with Eins because this show has yuri in it. You could consider that her feelings come from regret to what she's done to Eins in the past. It can very well be interpreted without the romantic attraction.

I think they handled the yuri wrong in this show. It's more for fanservice instead of developing actual good ships. I was kinda dissapointed how Alma was developed after her episode with Sofina. Since they went as far as giving an actual kiss and making the show officialy yuri instead of just undertones/subtext. They could make it more serious to be more interesting imo.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Amanchu today
I kind of want to...
http://i.imgur.com/OXrrzjO.jpg
Even if that wasn't the intention, I'm gonna take it as a beautiful subtle yuri confession

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@MacySan

That is is true. But, I'm an optimist, so I think there is room for their relationship to expand even if it means having to resort to fanfics; I mean, for now it's all but confirmed that Eins has feelings for Nya and the latter feels regret for the past, so there's enough potential for them to get together out of trying to make-up for the past and moving on into the future.

Though, with the current state of things, I would actually prefer the anime conclude on the pairings being canon but not necessarily progressing past what it is now. From a writing perspective, it allows for greater freedom in thinking on how the pairings can develop further; for example, one of the ideas that I have for an Alma x Solfina story is having Alma taste Solfina's blood and developing a new liking for it that is much greater than her liking for Saya's blood.

Personally, I think the freedom of being able to create my own scenarios and headcanons to be a much more fulfilling experience than having things stated outright in the anime. But on the inverse side I can see where you are coming from in that the harem-ish aspect of the anime, while amusing in it's own right, wasn't exactly needed and it would be much better to see the main cast x EXR pairings be established further.

last edited at Sep 16, 2016 4:38PM

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Amanchu today
I kind of want to...
Even if that wasn't the intention, I'm gonna take it as a beautiful subtle yuri confession

Every episode I shout at my monitor for them to say "I love you" and kiss! Sadly it hasn't worked yet.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Can someone translate to me what are these magazines about? modeling?
From the new episode of Love Live
http://i.imgur.com/KFLFXcf.jpg

Because I can't hold my KYAAAAAA any longer

last edited at Sep 17, 2016 2:24PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

It is hard to say much without a context. The one on the right (on the left, i had to flip the screen to read it) only says "infinity loop" which with 1 half of, well, infinity loop on the cover seems like just name of the magazine. Oh also there is "kyun!" on the heart next to it. The part on the girls chests is just word for "collecting" or "preparing" as well as "matching". I'm not sure if it can be used for people, but in context of magazine, I'd say it seems to be typical one about love stuff?

The other one is much weirder, cos it seems to be completely focused on kabedon. From it's title to everything on the cover. What is a kabedon you ask? I had no clue until I typed it into translator as well (and made a quick search on google in case it is a actual magazine) and turns out, it is just the name of the act of slamming your hand on the wall (kabe) which usually make a noise (don) in order to stop someone. Apparently japaneses see it as way of showing affection. Because as we all know, when you are corning them into wall and force them to confront you, it shows that you really care! So in this case I understand that the joke is that it is a entire magazine dedicated to how do it properly in sorta like "how to confess" manner? I mean, there is even a headline for doing it underwater...

So yea, context plox?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thanks!! Well then it's true... Riko seems to have delusions about that kind of confessions or confrontations, the context is that Rika when she's alone she loves to read those, she has A LOT of magazines and she's trying to hide them from the rest of the group... They're all girls in the covers either slamming the hand on the wall or grabbing the chin of "the wall" (?) and then we have official stuff like this http://i.imgur.com/aevGqhH.jpg
From the episode
http://i.imgur.com/xFdJWxC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T0XCJ4k.jpg
But she manages to scape that situation anyway... But now is clear what the producers are thinking.

last edited at Sep 17, 2016 3:54PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So I wondered how will Ange Vierge hype up the final arc of the anime...well... how about a giant, freakishly huge Ouroboros to kill and a reveal that somehow the Ouroboros Darkness can attach itself back onto a former host.

Also, bright side, Nya is the only core cast member not inside Saya's (shared with Amane) harem. And, Eins is confirmed to be "wanting Nya's acknowledgement" pre-anime, which, in my books pretty much means that she views Nya as someone extremely important to her; not a full-on confession of love, but it was good enough for me.

last edited at Sep 17, 2016 4:10PM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

?
Studio does matter most of the time, its probably Kirara/houbansha(spelling?) who gets the call.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Studio does matter most of the time, its probably Kirara/houbansha(spelling?) who gets the call.

I can't say for sure, but I believe most second season are made because the show gave profit to the studio. The magazine wants the anime to promote the manga. There's no reason to promote a manga with a second season since only old fans will buy it. A second sell almost never outsell the first one, after all.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Does this means what I think it means?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I can't say for sure, but I believe most second season are made because the show gave profit to the studio.

In general the publisher is the most important part for these sort of things, but the idea I've been seeing around lately that the studio doesn't matter at all is pretty obviously wrong. I wouldn't really expect a New Game sequel regardless, though

Does this means what I think it means?

Interesting. That scene had a girl that looked like a RinPana lovechild, too

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Has science gone too far?

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

In general the publisher is the most important part for these sort of things, but the idea I've been seeing around lately that the studio doesn't matter at all is pretty obviously wrong. I wouldn't really expect a New Game sequel regardless, though

Yuru Yuri Season 3 got a third season with a different studio 3 years after season 2, so something similar could (potentially maybe someday please?) happen, no?

Doga Kobo did Seasons 1 and 2 for Yuru Yuri and the TYO did Season 3 and the OVAs later.

I will dream, but I won't expect anything soon.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Yuru Yuri Season 3 got a third season with a different studio 3 years after season 2, so something similar could (potentially maybe someday please?) happen, no?

Maybe. That's pretty rare, though. And it needs a good reason for that. YrYr case was the OVA's success probably. Strike Witches is also coming back on another studio, just like Saki did. But these are popular series and Gonzo is pretty much irrelevant today (actually, Strike Witches jump around between studios a lot).
Manga Time Kirara doesn't need more promotion either, like Yuri Hime did. On the other side, there's a lot of MTK anime getting OVAs, one of them being Yuyushiki, who sold less than New Game is doing. So you could expect that.

I never wait for second season announcements, though, so I'll always be surprised if the come and never disappointed. They're pretty random. They can happen for a lot of reasons. Prisma Illya never sells anything anymore, yet, they're on the fifth season for some reason.
What we do know is that Doga Kobo doesn't really do second season and sales are only decent. Yet, something could happen. Who knows.

On the other side, Love Live is pretty much the only thing selling really well this season.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Aren't they just supposed to be something gay? why else would she hide them like that?

Lmao @the LLS! IPS babies.

Amanchu today
I kind of want to...

I was thinking the same thing. The whole episode reminded me of MiraiRiko taking care of baby Ha-chan...so I liked it for the wrong reasons... I'm obsessed with that show plz send help

I think they handled the yuri wrong in this show. It's more for fanservice instead of developing actual good ships. I was kinda dissapointed how Alma was developed after her episode with Sofina. Since they went as far as giving an actual kiss and making the show officialy yuri instead of just undertones/subtext. They could make it more serious to be more interesting imo.

I'm honestly very confused on who this show is supposed to appeal to. It tries to tell a goofy-kinda dank story but it takes itself waaaay too seriously, the action is obviously supposed to appeal to people who like shit like Asterisk wars, and the character interactions are both serious/normal and dumb/harem-like but with no males. There's also way to many flashbacks
Besides the robo-duo and the soldier-wincest, I doubt there's gonna be any more canon yuri at this point.

Hey! at least I get my jollies by playing "duel of the fates" every time Saya pulls out the lightsaber, it works surprisingly well XD

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

One magazine is about "kabedon", or wall-bang, which is where a man (or in this case, a girl) corners a girl, placing a hand on the wall against which the girl is standing. Then he/she leans in for a kiss and magic happens and babies are born. Supposedly. I'm not sure how all of that works.

The other magazine seems to be about chin-in-hand kissing, something Riko has bought before.

Both magazines seem to be yuri, since it's very rare for a girl to do those things to a boy. In anime/manga at least.

EDIT: They also could be Girl x Wall, but who knows. Maybe that's actually not a thing.

last edited at Sep 19, 2016 3:33AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.