Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Speaking of shows that are too trigger happy with characters (a few hours ago, but oh well) I've been stuck on Stannis memes send help D:

Sends a help

Also, I really need to stop writing ridiculously long posts for things that I am passionate about

edit: this is the funniest pic I've seen today

last edited at Sep 13, 2016 11:09PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Wait you are a.....les? (Sorry if i offend you)

Dude....

...What? I'm just curious, thats all. Not bad intentions, i swear.

I can't help but find this funny

I can't help but find this ridiculously stupid. If I was a mod on this site, the fucking banhammer would have been dropped the instant I saw this (which is one reason why I'm not a mod on this site).

Really ? You would've banned someone for asking if someone's a lesbian on a site ABOUT LESBIANS ? You must be fun at parties.

I think it's more that they were rudely blunt about it, even if the recipient was nice about it and said it was okay.

Yeah, it was more the bluntness and not the asking about the sexuality thing... obviously, I don't have a problem with that part at all. I was more irked by the fact that someone would be surprised that there are lesbians "on a site ABOUT LESBIANS," but I suppose that's just me... I'll stop talking about this thing now.

last edited at Sep 13, 2016 11:13PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Sends a help

Help yaaay :D

Unfortunately the help bowed to their one true king, so they weren't much help, but thanks anyway D:

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Ugh =_=

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ UlquiorraSchiffer1

Cheer up! (`・ω・´)
You didn't commit a crime, so don't let it get you down.
I can offer you a hug (っ⌒‿⌒)っ

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ none

Hey! You dropped by and I totally missed that!!! T_T
;)
Good to see you here person with the exquisite taste in manga! (^_^)b
I really liked your suggestions! So thanks again!

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I see you missed my answer to your qn :p

Also, I just spent nearly the entire day sitting inside a lorry, what a bizzare first day of work...

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ Sorry! I didn't miss it!
I mean, how could I possibly miss such a small post ;)
I just wanted to take my time replying to you later on. ^^

So... how was your first day all in all?
Sitting inside a lorry doesn't sound too hard ^^

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

@ UlquiorraSchiffer1

Cheer up! (`・ω・´)

Thanks man. You are one of the nicest people here.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

@ UlquiorraSchiffer1

Cheer up! (`・ω・´)

Socrate didn't commit any crime either (on the contrary) , and he ended up being sentenced to death.
Good thing Dynasty isnt ancient Greece.

On a more serious note, don't mind it Brolquiorra. You just asked something trivial. Just keep in mind that there are mostly women (les ?) here, and as far as I can tell, my super buddy @Matto and myself are the only (straigth) males, bound here by our limitless love for yuri and sapphic stories !

Just enjoy the yuri <3

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ UlquiorraSchiffer1

(* ̄∇ ̄*) ... thank you... ^^
But I really think they're all quite nice here.
It's just sometimes you might hit a nerve without even realizing it... Can happen to everyone, so don't fret! (◦’ںˉ◦)b
I'm gay too and I didn't feel offended at all.

last edited at Sep 14, 2016 6:50AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Rina
I wanted to wish you 'good luck' since it's your first day.. but obviously I'm late...^^
A lorry sounds exciting... ^_^ but is your internship in a logistics company?

I know your long zombie post is a reply to Anon's post, but I admit having read it with pleasure(being on the other side it was nice to see the point of view of someone passionate about zombies).^^
One thing that I don't like about zombie movies is the inevitable violence, I know they are already dead but still.. too bloody for my taste. I mean isn't it all about killing the zombies before they get to you and turn you into one of them, and in the meantime the MC has to help preserve the human race. And also too many human casualties on the way.

Or maybe I take things too seriously.. xD with the right attitude I can see why many people enjoy the genre.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ UlquiorraSchiffer1
I myself have instances where I ask/say something bluntly, or just fail to word my thoughts right^^

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Utoptia

Socrate didn't commit any crime either (on the contrary) , and he ended up being sentenced to death.
Good thing Dynasty isnt ancient Greece.

… O_O... that's one hell of a comparison... (゚Д゚)

;)

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Blackkitty

I myself have instances where I ask/say something bluntly, or just fail to word my thoughts right^^

Oh, yeah! I still remember you offering me ox milk once (^_-)v

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon

Oh, yeah! I still remember you offering me ox milk once (^_-)v

And I still remember your vigorous declining of my offer due to false interpretation :P
You do remember everything! I should be very careful if I'm to promise you something xD

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@Rina
I wanted to wish you 'good luck' since it's your first day.. but obviously I'm late...^^
A lorry sounds exciting... ^_^ but is your internship in a logistics company?

I know your long zombie post is a reply to Anon's post, but I admit having read it with pleasure(being on the other side it was nice to see the point of view of someone passionate about zombies).^^
One thing that I don't like about zombie movies is the inevitable violence, I know they are already dead but still.. too bloody for my taste. I mean isn't it all about killing the zombies before they get to you and turn you into one of them, and in the meantime the MC has to help preserve the human race. And also too many human casualties on the way.

Or maybe I take things too seriously.. xD with the right attitude I can see why many people enjoy the genre.

It's a company that repairs and replaces fire extinguishers...tbh I'm feeling like forcing a fail on the module since the workplace is making my anxiety issues act up (yes, it's rather ironic that I am watching horror films despite having anxiety issues.)

And I'm glad you enjoyed the post! ^ o ^ (helloooooo from the oooooother siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide)

If you put it that way I can see why the genre can be a turn-off, it's true that most of the time zombie films are over-satuated with violence and (exccessive) gore and generally the premise usually revolves around killing/avoiding them first before they kill you.

Still, there are entries that shy away from the conventional elements and subsitutes them with something else - Shaun of the Dead for example, uses zombies as a social commentary on Britain's descent into "zombie-like" behavior is generally light-hearted being the first of the Cornetto trilogy directed by Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright, there's also Army of Darkness, which is arguably the most known entry "This, is my BOOMSTICK" in the Evil Dead franchise "Hail to the King, Baby" and it takes a light-hearted and comedic stance as compared to the first 2 movies.

If anything I think those 2 films would appeal to your tastes more because they focus less on the violence and gore but more on the character building and slapstick aspects.

@Anon - ehehe...

The first day was a bit hectic, although like mentioned, the workplace is kinda making me extremely nervous and unwilling to commit to this programme.

last edited at Sep 14, 2016 7:57AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Blackkitty

I really enjoyed our little yoghurt talk back then! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥
But that picture that popped into my head that moment... (☉__☉”)
Gave me nightmares ;)

Oh, you don't have to be careful around me, you know... Just relax and be yourself! (♥ε♥)

@ Rina

The first day was a bit hectic, although like mentioned, the workplace is kinda making me extremely nervous and unwilling to commit to this programme.

Doesn't sound like the best conditions...
But maybe you just need a little more time to get used to the new surroundings... I hope that it will turn out to be more to your liking after a while!

last edited at Sep 14, 2016 8:10AM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

On a more serious note, don't mind it Brolquiorra. You just asked something trivial. Just keep in mind that there are mostly women (les ?) here, and as far as I can tell, my super buddy @Matto and myself are the only (straigth) males, bound here by our limitless love for yuri and sapphic stories !

Just enjoy the yuri <3

Only you two? Oh that makes us three then :)

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

Oh hey, is it September 14 over there? Happy birthday to me then, in the other time zone...

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

It's roughly 3 minutes since my birthday because it's 12:03 AM at our place right now.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

UlquiorraSchiffer1 posted:

Just enjoy the yuri <3

Only you two? Oh that makes us three then :)

No offense, but considering your very "original" nickname, I thought you are a girl ;P (also I'm honestly surprised how nice and civil you, since most people naming themselves this way are pretty... wild, to put it lightly).

Honestly though. Getting offended by asking if someone is a lesbian on a site focused mostly on yuri, where a lot people are very open about their sexuality, is a bit of overkill. Not to mention considering "being rude" as a ban worthy offense. I'm totally with you on that one and you didn't do anything wrong. You said sorry in case your question is offensive, so I don't know what they want more from you (not to mention people here seems to forgot not everyone is a native speaker).

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

EkichoSHIFT

Happy Birthday! I wish you all the best! :)

Here is a cake for you! ;)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

EkichoSHIFT posted:

It's roughly 3 minutes since my birthday because it's 12:03 AM at our place right now.

18:26 here xD Yea, time zones are weird like that. Happy birthday ;P

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Oh hey, is it September 14 over there? Happy birthday to me then, in the other time zone...

Happy Birthday EkichoSHIFT. Wish you best lucks!

It's 14 September, 6:30pm here Central Europe.

last edited at Sep 14, 2016 12:31PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.