Forum › Born This Way discussion

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

With the whole omitting her name, I understood it as that rather than it being a story about a certain girl, the name can be interchanged with that of many men and women that go through this sort of thing, and that there is happiness for those people. If so, I think it makes this one just that much better. Or is that too analytical?

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

With the whole omitting her name, I understood it as that rather than it being a story about a certain girl, the name can be interchanged with that of many men and women that go through this sort of thing, and that there is happiness for those people. If so, I think it makes this one just that much better. Or is that too analytical?

you're spot on.

Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

This was wonderful and beautifully done. I kind of hope we get a little side story into their cute relationship because... it's super cute, and I'm really glad it went through the entirety of their life like that. Even without little details, it was evident this was a much better love story than actual romances.

Bittersweet and incredibly well-done. Thanks for that.

Unnamed%20qq%20screenshot20150223005817
joined Apr 5, 2015

Well damn, that was beautiful. Pulled at my heartstrings alright.

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

T-There's just something in my eye okay?! sniff

886f8d05.m
joined Mar 26, 2014

that was so good

kurozetsubo23
Mmmmm%20yuri
joined Feb 15, 2014

I couldn't hold back some tears when I read this.
It just gives me hope, that maybe someday I'll meet someone who'll stay with me for a long time as well ♥

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Who in their right mind would say "because that is not normal" to a kid? Some fucked up parenting that is.

I've been said "it's going to be complicated" or "why did it turn out like this?" and massive amounts of worrying and drama, but thank god, never the "it's disgusting", "it's not normal" or "god hates you". Consider me lucky.

That said, this story is sweet. It shows a long lasting married couple, just like any other, and that is as NORMAL as it can.

joined Jan 4, 2014

sighs
hugs herself
That was a really amazing little story.
sniff
happy smile

Unnamed%20(1)
joined Mar 11, 2013

sighs
hugs herself
That was a really amazing little story.
sniff
happy smile

joins the hugging
Quite heartwrenching, yet heartwarming too.

joined Jan 5, 2015

This hit meh in da feels T-T

candy76041820
%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

By no means am I believing Kanade's a woman. From her face, to be precise.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Since when are judging one's gender by their looks? Even so, she looks pretty (no pun intended) female to me.

ScorchingWater
Aj%20wild%20west
joined Mar 10, 2015

I don't normally comment on these stuff but this one is an exception. I really liked it. :3 I'm a bit happy yet sad for her. Well, mostly happy since she found her happiness.

joined Feb 8, 2013

This one shot was too good, what the hell. If it really is meant to be taken in a "this could be you" context with that omitted name, then here's hoping that will happen in my life, and everyone else's.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Cool story bro

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

No bitter end,just pure sweet.
And this is the great example that you don't have to always let the girl end up with guy when you want to write the coming of age yuri story.

I don't find it sad at all, she died happy, knowing what real love was like and she lived like that for a long time, i really hope something like that happen in the future but not just for me, to a lot of people too so everyone would get a happy ever after ( now this just got waaay too cheesy)

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5377-lesbian-couple-finally-marry-after-72-years-together

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Wow. That was a damned good one shot. I wasn't expecting it to move us along in their life together like that at all... Then that hospital scene. That was amazing. Definitely one of the best one shots I've read in a good long time.

It also appears that the author has another yuri series going on as well. Apparently, it follows a straight girl who cannot stop thinking about her totally hot, lesbian friend (or best friend). Hopefully that makes it over here at some point.

** Nya-chan **

Who in their right mind would say "because that is not normal" to a kid? Some fucked up parenting that is.

I've been said "it's going to be complicated" or "why did it turn out like this?" and massive amounts of worrying and drama, but thank god, never the "it's disgusting", "it's not normal" or "god hates you". Consider me lucky.

That said, this story is sweet. It shows a long lasting married couple, just like any other, and that is as NORMAL as it can.

You would be very surprised. VEERY surprised. Just Goggle the gay marriage debate here in the United States and you will find out PLENTY of people wouldn't bat an eyelash at it.

candy76041820

last edited at May 3, 2015 5:50AM

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

I'm happy for you ***-chan :3

Images
joined Feb 8, 2013

I really hope we get to see more stories from this author this is fucking amazing. i think the ending made the whole story a lot more touching and meaningful

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

You would be very surprised. VEERY surprised. Just Goggle the gay marriage debate here in the United States and you will find out PLENTY of people wouldn't bat an eyelash at it.

Then I'm glad I don't live in the US I guess.

If I heard something like that said to a kid, I'd get a bad case of pitch black anger.

joined Oct 10, 2014

Nice :3 but kinda bland for my taste... like... it's too typical and obvious and... normal!?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nice :3 but kinda bland for my taste... like... it's too typical and obvious and... normal!?

That it's normal is the point, really.

joined May 3, 2014

No bitter end,just pure sweet.
And this is the great example that you don't have to always let the girl end up with guy when you want to write the coming of age yuri story.

I don't find it sad at all, she died happy, knowing what real love was like and she lived like that for a long time, i really hope something like that happen in the future but not just for me, to a lot of people too so everyone would get a happy ever after ( now this just got waaay too cheesy)

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5377-lesbian-couple-finally-marry-after-72-years-together

hahah I'm glad that I'm not the only one how thinks that is an Happy Ending ,and as for me that is what an happy life looks like , and dying of old age it's a part of it

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

I feel related to this manga, such a touchy manga. But I don't think my life will meet someone and end happily like this one. Maybe I'm just too pessimistic. Real life is always complicated and obscure.

To reply you must either login or sign up.