joined Sep 11, 2014

Wow, this is just... wow

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

fan freaking tastic

last edited at May 3, 2015 2:02PM

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Who in their right mind would say "because that is not normal" to a kid? Some fucked up parenting that is.

I've been said "it's going to be complicated" or "why did it turn out like this?" and massive amounts of worrying and drama, but thank god, never the "it's disgusting", "it's not normal" or "god hates you". Consider me lucky.

That said, this story is sweet. It shows a long lasting married couple, just like any other, and that is as NORMAL as it can.

I told my mom I wanted to marry a girl when I grew up, she said that was cuckoo, it does happen. I did grow up to marry a woman and she didn't go to my wedding. It's alright though, my extended family is supportive.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

This is the kind of rare jewels I look for when I read oneshots. And this one gave me feels and tears. Conveying such realism that is quite different from all the (I don't mean to offend anyone's tastes) stupid schoolgirl yuri fluff. A+

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

This is the kind of rare jewels I look for when I read oneshots. And this one gave me feels and tears. Conveying such realism that is quite different from all the (I don't mean to offend anyone's tastes) stupid schoolgirl yuri fluff. A+

BOW DOWN TO STUPID SCHOOLGIRL YURI FLUFF HERETIC!

I told my mom I wanted to marry a girl when I grew up, she said that was cuckoo, it doesn't happen. I did grow up to marry a woman and she didn't go to my wedding. It's alright though, my extended family is supportive.

I told my mom I wanted to live in isolation on a mountain somewhere, because I hate people.

Turns out I AM cuckoo.

joined Jan 5, 2015

You would be very surprised. VEERY surprised. Just Goggle the gay marriage debate here in the United States and you will find out PLENTY of people wouldn't bat an eyelash at it.

Then I'm glad I don't live in the US I guess.

If I heard something like that said to a kid, I'd get a bad case of pitch black anger.

I would think the teacher said "Not normal" because it's just a common thing majority is heterosexual. It's a matter of fact that if we were all homos, the world would be wiped out immediately due to the extinction of human race. On the other hand, homosexuals have been acknowledged throughout history (even by God). How should I put this... I used to be prejudice because I thought it was a sin, we would be outcast by our own family, society, we will all be condemned to hell but as I get older, I realised a relationship is not about the gender of the other party, rather it's about how much we love that person. Of course, we should also respect whether the person in question reciprocates our love intentions or not as he/she may not be interested in same gender relationship. So, when XXX told her friend that she likes her (but XXX was rejected), I didn't find sad. I however did find it very disappointing when her friend (that used to be close to her), distanced herself and treated XXX like a disease. Why should you be disgusted when you have been loved?

As for the sinning bit, don't worry, everyone sin everyday. We live by God's grace (^_^) and He loves us (period)...I think it's the family and society that we seek acceptance from. It always hit hard in the heart when heterosexual do not acknowledge homosexuals. Oh my goodness, why are we even putting people in categories to start with? Leave science out and we are ALL just "normal" human beings born to love another human being. We get angry (and sometimes violent) at people for disliking us - perhaps as a form of demand for acceptance. But don't you think that is also being prejudice towards them?

To each and everyone their own tastebuds/ likes/ dislikes. I don't think we should flash out "respect gay people" propaganda... rather, "respect my choice".

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

The human race dying would in no way immediately cause the destruction of the world.

Moonlightchan
joined Oct 3, 2013

It was really beautiful ..Loved this one.♥♥♥♥

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You would be very surprised. VEERY surprised. Just Goggle the gay marriage debate here in the United States and you will find out PLENTY of people wouldn't bat an eyelash at it.

Then I'm glad I don't live in the US I guess.

If I heard something like that said to a kid, I'd get a bad case of pitch black anger.

I would think the teacher said "Not normal" because it's just a common thing majority is heterosexual.

Keep in mind that "normal" is highly important in a country that thinks "The nail that sticks up must be hammered down" is a good phrase to live life by. "Not normal" often means isolation, no support, disapproval, etc.

Being athe-ish, I'm gonna skip the rest.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Indeed Nez, meanings definitely change with the context.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I went into this oneshot expecting the typical clichés of yuri angst.... But this... this was just beautiful.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, severity at least. Even here in North America parents worry when their kids come out as gay or trans or decide to be manga authors, since they don't get the benefit of a "normal" life and all the supports that go with that. It's always harder when you're different, but the degree is way different depending where you are.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Well, severity at least. Even here in North America parents worry when their kids come out as gay or trans or decide to be manga authors, since they don't get the benefit of a "normal" life and all the supports that go with that. It's always harder when you're different, but the degree is way different depending where you are.

Becoming a mangaka is the height of normality in England.

We're just better than the rest of the world I guess.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Cliche? Hmmmm I thought it was clear that originality doesn't come (if it ever comes) often so the execution is what it counts.
I took this as a flashback, like all the memories that flow in your mind before the end, the struggle, indecision and joy ... That's why they included her final moment, we just took a share of that flashback.

last edited at May 3, 2015 6:41PM

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

Welp, that's the best one shot yuri I've ever read. It's gonna take something truly phenomenal to top that

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Whaaaat waaaasss heeeerrrrr naaaaammmmeeee???????

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I've already said, it was Tripplesterisk-chan.

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

I'd like to file a complaint, it seems my heart was shattered to bits after reading this story, I demand compensation.
A bucket to put my tears in would suffice.
Thank you.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Read the credits? I could just tell you but you will miss the point of ***

last edited at May 3, 2015 6:49PM

Sam1
joined May 11, 2012

Of course they had to add the death at the end, remember the first rule of Yuri:
Where there is Yuri and happiness there must also be drama and/or suffering in corresponding amounts.

That one panel with both of the parents giving a thumbs-up was hella cute though.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Of course they had to add the death at the end, remember the first rule of Yuri:
Where there is Yuri and happiness there must also be drama and/or suffering in corresponding amounts.

That one panel with both of the parents giving a thumbs-up was hella cute though.

But the death scene was a happy one, where we see the culmination of a lifetime of largely happiness. There was no tragedy, only completeness.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

But the death scene was a happy one, where we see the culmination of a lifetime of largely happiness. There was no tragedy, only completeness.

Yeah, I really don't get all the depressed comments, I thought it was pretty heart warming.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Yeah, I really don't get all the depressed comments, I thought it was pretty heart warming.

I always see endings that make others sad as happy ones though. I remember everyone in my humanitarians class crying at the end of 'A Short Stay in Switzerland', and me and my mate being confused as hell that they were sad, because we were happy for her that she finally got her wish.

joined Mar 23, 2013

A lot of yougins just can't accept death gracefully, they have a much they still want to do.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I always see endings that make others sad as happy ones though. I remember everyone in my humanitarians class crying at the end of 'A Short Stay in Switzerland', and me and my mate being confused as hell that they were sad, because we were happy for her that she finally got her wish.

But this one clearly was happy

To reply you must either login or sign up.