Forum › The plain girl sitting next to me discussion

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

How are we still not done with the trio sleepover party? It has more screen time than all MC couple lovey dovey moment.

joined May 3, 2014

can we loop off the head of this dumb bitch already? god this is insufferable.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

no...not again...not like this...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I mean, especially with leaving it hanging like this, I'm 99% sure we're being played with here and the reality is something entirely different.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

The trauma from Whispering You a Love Song is seeping into this thread.

We're never getting out of this room, are we? Remember the days when this manga had scenes in places other than this room? Before the never-ending sleepover?

last edited at Aug 26, 2024 4:35PM

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

The trauma from Whispering You a Love Song is seeping into this thread.

We're never getting out of this room, are we? Remember the days when this manga had scenes in places other than this room? Before the never-ending sleepover?

Every series I'm reading is fumbling right now. I'm in despair. Even this neverending room isn't worse than what's happening in Anemone right now though.

last edited at Aug 26, 2024 4:38PM

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Every series I'm reading is fumbling right now. I'm in despair. Even this neverending room isn't worse than what's happening in Anemone right now though.

Oh no...I've gotten like a dozen chapters behind on Anemone. Can you give me a spoiler for how it's screwing up?

There's some positives out there. I'm Sorry But I'm Not Into Yuri is keeping things steady with it's dodgeball arc.
And My Girlfiriend's Not Here Today is...well...doing what it does lol.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Oh no...I've gotten like a dozen chapters behind on Anemone. Can you give me a spoiler for how it's screwing up?

There's some positives out there. I'm Sorry But I'm Not Into Yuri is keeping things steady with it's dodgeball arc.

That's something you have to experience, honestly. I can't describe that well enough to do it justice. You can check the comments on the latest chapter on Mangadex and just gauge the temperature. That should give you an idea without having to read anything. I normally try to stay pretty measured but that one is something else.

last edited at Aug 26, 2024 5:27PM

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

That's something you have to experience, honestly. I can't describe that well enough to do it justice. You can check the comments on the latest chapter on Mangadex and just gauge the temperature. That should give you an idea without having to read anything. I normally try to stay pretty measured but that one is something else.

Wow... y'all are having a meltdown in the Mangadex comments!

Being stuck in this room and dealing with the never-ending sleepover doesn't seem too bad anymore. Seems downright enjoyable compared to what's going on over there!

joined Jul 31, 2022

I'm wondering if I actually just hate manga lol

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

ngl this doesn't actually hurt as bad as whisper, i really liked that series. this one did start very promisingly especially for an original doujin, tho actually i think this super extended sleepover storytime is the sort of thing an editor might have helped with a lot.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Chapter 29 invitation to girl's night
Chapter 32 they arrived at Shiori san house
Chapter 34 the sleepover night talk started

And now where's at chapter 48, and the sleepover talk still going strong...

Useless-
joined Jul 26, 2016

11 more chapters of this and the sleepover will officially be most the manga...

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

ngl this doesn't actually hurt as bad as whisper, i really liked that series. this one did start very promisingly especially for an original doujin, tho actually i think this super extended sleepover storytime is the sort of thing an editor might have helped with a lot.

No way that series turned out bad? I stopped reading a little while after it first came out cause waiting for chapters was kinda annoying. I'm so glad I didn't finish.

joined Mar 26, 2014

I'm wondering if I actually just hate manga lol

Agreed. I haven't wanted to read anything since That comic about office lady hate seggs. The way it ended was okay, but the chapter or three before the end was disgusting. Like dude it ought to have the gr@pe tag.
Even "My crush who I thought was a boy turned out to be a girl" wasn't all that great this update. Like idk last chapter was an unnecessary chapter. We get it. They're a bit popular now, whatever geez.

joined Mar 26, 2014

"PhD in gay" is such a funny thing. Cause in the US it's a real degree. "LESBIAN STUDIES" XD For real I'm not joking. Imagine if people gatekeeped. "Oh sorry I only date 'real' lesbians."
Also I actually don't mind this series. I know going in it isn't a good series. Not meant to be taken seriously. So for what it is. Which is kinda like Kodama Naoko's work: in
Netsuzou Trap. But I will say that the artist makes each character distinct. And they keep them consistent. More than I can say for Citrus. I personally didn't like that manga. Listen Citrus is like the Twilight of the gays. Seems great, most people like it but it's low-tier. This series is like the crappy soft cover romance novel that isn't great but has enough of the basics and structure that it's an okay read. Plus the fact that the chapters are short doesn't make it feel like so much time spent on it. So in the fast food yuri way that it is, you don't feel bad for reading something that has the depth of a puddle.

Edit: Like the 100 series.
Junk food yuri. Like an episode of cheaters. It is the reality TV of yuri.

And I know this because I once tried to read the series a couple months ago and I had to put it down. And now the other series I try to read are either over or they sucked. And I'm back reading this series again. The first time I try to read this, I didn't even get past chapter four. And now I'm caught up with you guys.

After VAMPEERS ended I didn't know what to read. That series was historical and riveting. And of course yuri. But the ending was kinda mid. But the rest of the series was so great that it made any ending seem like a bad thing. Ya know. Like no ending would've been perfect. But yeah it was rushed. Aria was actually an interesting character. Most of the time, the vampire thing is played out. But it didn't get boring with that series.

last edited at Aug 27, 2024 7:47PM

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Yay! A triple chapter update! Thanks for the translation!

And...we're still in that room having a sleepover but we have another flashback. Are they about to die so their lives are flashing before their eyes or something?

Man...I would probably carry a grudge too if my lover broke up with me because their sibling basically threw a fit and ignored them because they were dating someone. At least Sono immediately felt like she messed up as soon as her sister said she broke up with her girlfriend.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

I'll skip and come back at chapter 60, hopefully they left the room by then.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

You're an optimistic person.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

You're an optimistic person.

Maybe around that chapter we'll be starting another flashback as they're finally getting ready to go to sleep.

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

Oh so the reason why her sister broke up with her gf is because of the MC?
Hurrrrrr ._. ..
Ok, I am optimistic that the next chapter would be the three of them talking about how they are tired and get to sleep , and there will be a next morning coming up, and the three of them will have breakfast and go to school together ._.

joined Oct 1, 2022

Zzzzz the story became stupid and it was going so well.

Useless-
joined Jul 26, 2016

Oh so everyone's an idiot.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I admit, I did not see this one coming...

joined Apr 15, 2013

This one started off so nice, but we've been steadily circling the drain since the sister was introduced and now we are way down in the piping. Why does every manga have to have an incest plot line? It feels pathological at this point. Please let this sleepover end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.