Forum › The sea, you, and the sun discussion

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'll have to take the spoiler side on that matter, the entire manga leaves it in the air if they'll actually end up together so the marriage tag would reveal quite a lot, i wouldn't mind it if they were together from day one

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

That honestly makes no sense. The whole point to tags, especially once the series has scrolled from the first page of Recent Changes, is to find stuff you're looking for. So if you're looking for manga with marriages in them, you're not going to find this one which reduces the usefulness, doesn't it?

I agree, what's the point of tags if they're going to skip over content which actually contain the tag?
Considering what kind of content this site has the most and who reads it... I would even go so far as to say that you have a duty to put that tag on.

For the record, I was answering a question; not endorsing the response.

I'm in no position to disagree with either of you, and I can certainly sympathize with the points made. However, when the first request was made, at least two uploaders and one staff member agreed that spoilers took priority over relevance.

Not much else for me to say.

Then how many requests are there to have this tagged Marriage?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Three.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Three.

I'll wait for this number to increase.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

"Here, look at her panties and cheer up."

LOL

OMG that ending... that was the sweetest. <3

Now I gotta stop crying.

As for the marriage tag... I think it would have ruined the wonderful ending if I had known they were going to get married at the end. Of course I saw the comments in here about a marriage tag, but I didn't put the two together, so I was still surprised at the end lol.

last edited at Sep 11, 2014 2:18PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Since the previous post shows adding the Marriage tag could hinde the reading experience, then how about a compromise and put something like Happy Ending for those looking for marriage stories?

joined Nov 11, 2010

That doesn't make sense 'cause it wouldn't actually show up in marriage searches. This whole spoiler issue in general seems kinda like a pain, I vote that we see if its possible to implement a 'spoilered' tag feature which only reveals the tag if a user clicks on it.

last edited at Sep 11, 2014 4:24PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It could work if a search also showed related tags, in any case that was the first term it ocurred to me to relate with marriage, I'm sure there are other terms more fitting to convey the idea of marriage but without spoiling the ending.

X
joined Feb 8, 2014

I've suggested that the final chapter should have the marriage tag a couple of times, but they were both rejected. I can't understand why though. They get married for pete's sake. You see them standing outside of a church wearing wedding dresses talking about how they just got married. What else do you need to qualify for that tag?

Its a spoiler. I wold have been pissed if I saw that tag before I finished the story. I try to avoid looking at tags as much as possible because I hate spoilers so much...

On another note, I liked this story. It was corny in some places, but I found it quite commical.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Man, this story. I love the art but I found the plot pretty terrible. Though I suppose you're not (really) reading it for the story ha ha ha.

Screenshot_5
joined Aug 20, 2014

great story, all hail the awesome! JP parent =)

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Man, this story. I love the art but I found the plot pretty terrible. Though I suppose you're not (really) reading it for the story ha ha ha.

I kinda wonder why people do not like the story. It isn't any different from a lot of the yuri oneshots on this page.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I wasn't sure about this one at first just like Earth girls but I liked it just like Earth girls Mira is pretty awesome!

joined Jul 5, 2014

I wasn't sure about this one at first just like Earth girls but I liked it just like Earth girls Mira is pretty awesome!

Yeah, this one had me a little worried at the start. My usual reaction to the appearance of a love triangle is to throw my laptop across the room.
I'm glad to see this kinda had one, but it didn't last long. It's refreshing.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Wow. That was actually one of the cutest things ever.
Not suggesting a tag at all, but don't you kinda get the feel that Kiara is a tsundere? Haha. Also funny how respectful she is to her "elders". wink wink

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

here I am reading yuri even though there shit ton of homework... sigh anyways! My favorite from her... can read this over and over....! :3

joined Jan 8, 2014

An afternoon re-read...still tho this story is so sweet, if only all relationships could be so honest and upfront ^_^

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_sea_you_and_the_sun_ch01#11

It's funny how she notice how fluent Kiara is just with a "excuse me" x)

joined Jul 2, 2014

I really like the parents in this story, how in the end Kiara's father puts a hibiscus flower over her left ear, which in Polynesia symbolizes that she's married and off the market. Aww. (As for where this is, Mira says a fictional southern country, but it seems to be French Polynesia.)

if only all relationships could be so honest and upfront ^_^

I know…I like Mira's recent stories, their honesty about love and relationships is refreshing.

Oh, and, I absolutely love the last panel about them celebrating anniversarie*s* >_< with beef bowls, too!

last edited at Feb 22, 2015 7:34PM

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I made a "marriage" tag request for the final chapter, but for some reason, it was denied. I can't understand why. They got married. Not just off-panel, either. There's ten pages of the wedding.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

(Quoting from earlier in the thread)

I've suggested that the final chapter should have the marriage tag a couple of times, but they were both rejected. I can't understand why though. They get married for pete's sake. You see them standing outside of a church wearing wedding dresses talking about how they just got married. What else do you need to qualify for that tag?

I'm rejecting the Marriage tag because spoilers. It's better used for oneshots/doujinshi, not concluding chapters of a series.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I understand what you're saying and I'll stop requesting it, but it seems a little sad that anyone looking for yuri marriages will never find this title. It seems to defeat the point of the marriage tag.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I understand what you're saying and I'll stop requesting it, but it seems a little sad that anyone looking for yuri marriages will never find this title. It seems to defeat the point of the marriage tag.

i totally agree, but I haven't made any progress in convincing anybody to let me change it. You're not the only one who thinks not tagging stuff containing marriage with marriage is kind of ridiculous.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Chapter 18 of Wife and Wife (spoilered just in case someone hasn't read it) is tagged as marriage. That could be considered a spoiler just as much as this. Also the marriage tag alone doesn't even necessarily mean that it's about the main characters themselves. For all we know it could mean they attended a wedding and it was an important event in the story. (Speaking of which, chapter 53 of Sasameki Koto should maybe also be tagged the same for those same reasons.)

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Alice Cheshire, I've read the first manga you mentioned, and it's brilliant. Easily one of my favorites. I haven't read the second one, but it's on my list and I will get to it soon.

To reply you must either login or sign up.