Forum › A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days discussion

joined Mar 29, 2019

Damn, this was the only good one currently going, doesn't look like we got another one.

I really was hungry for many chapters of this. Oh well, enjoy all your favorite fluff instead.

Yuri has really "bottomed" out since COVID. So many classics in the last decade, I guess everything has been done.

People might've said this was a gross title but it was the only series with true sexy angst. Now this site is full of asexual stuff and it's gotten really weird.

The forums are even full of complainy translators. That's not the way it's supposed to be, you catch more bees with honey.

Shrugs, yuri had its time and place. The classic era seems to have ended. Does make me wonder if there's a governmental reason.....

joined Apr 16, 2022

Yuri has really "bottomed" out since COVID. So many classics in the last decade, I guess everything has been done.

People might've said this was a gross title but it was the only series with true sexy angst. Now this site is full of asexual stuff and it's gotten really weird.

Strange sentiment. There's plenty of "sexy angst" yuri getting published. See Love Me Like I Do, My Girlfriend's Not Here Today, and Destroy It All And Love Me In Hell! for just a few examples.

joined Apr 19, 2020

I read the light novels. Well, the ones that are translated in any case. I kind of think that the characters are super shallow, and this is mostly a smut story.

I also think that Aya have this rapey vibe from start to finish. I mean she keeps coming up with these new sexual things, public sex, tying Marika up, making a sex-tape, and every time Marika protests and express her displeasure. But then it always goes in the direction that she secretly wants these things. But in a normal relationship I would call that coercion and gaslighting. At one point she even says that she does not want to make a sex-tape, but adds if it is for you (Aya), I suppose it is okay. That should be the clue for most people to stop. I suppose to the story is fine for the smut, but the love between these girls have some very unhealthy elements.

Angst is great but the manga doesn't seem to treat the rape vibes with any weight, just "oh look isn't this hot" which is a pass from me.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Don't let your dreams just be dreams. Time to make the yuri content you want to see.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

All the chapters have been translated on Mangadex

joined Feb 27, 2018

I read the light novels. Well, the ones that are translated in any case. I kind of think that the characters are super shallow, and this is mostly a smut story.

I also think that Aya have this rapey vibe from start to finish. I mean she keeps coming up with these new sexual things, public sex, tying Marika up, making a sex-tape, and every time Marika protests and express her displeasure. But then it always goes in the direction that she secretly wants these things. But in a normal relationship I would call that coercion and gaslighting. At one point she even says that she does not want to make a sex-tape, but adds if it is for you (Aya), I suppose it is okay. That should be the clue for most people to stop. I suppose to the story is fine for the smut, but the love between these girls have some very unhealthy elements.

Why do people always take non-standard kink as “rapey”?

last edited at May 12, 2024 8:57AM

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Why do people always take non-standard kink as “rapey”?

It's twilight again (that discourse was funny). These kinds of complaints are as old as time and never make sense to me either, so I agree with you.

For this story in particular, I don't see it, unless the reader honestly doesn't understand Marika's character and the narrative game that's being played. I don't think it was being subtle about her feelings, so I've never understood the complaints. Funnily enough, some people (like above) seem to get upset that she doesnt feel the way they want her to; which, if she did, would actually create the issues they're complaining about. There's something to be said about that.

Luckily with these things, most people seem to always get it, so it's a non issue. Can't please everyone and shouldn't ever try.

last edited at May 12, 2024 10:06AM

joined Jun 28, 2024

Any who has read the Light Novels from 1–5 or at least 1–4 in English, can you tell me how or where you read it on? And if possible a link, I want to read the LN's, but I can only find maybe 1 translated, and obviously, I don't know Japanese.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

^TL Vol 1-5: https://nyaa.si/view/1764195

last edited at Jul 3, 2024 9:12PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Thanks.

On the one hand I'm glad they're translated at all.

On the other, ouch, this person was not good at English. Or is it MTL?

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Not sure. I stopped reading at volume 3 and left a note on my novelupdates list that the translation goes to shit with that volume.
So, good news! If you're taking issue with the TL in the first 2 volumes...it gets worse! ;D

No idea why the translations are no longer listed on the novelupdates page. Usually they stay up unless the series is licensed.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Huh, early in the second novel we learn Aya's hair is dyed, she's not just manga-light.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Dang, LN2 takes a weird twist near the end. The whole Sae thing.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Thanks.

On the one hand I'm glad they're translated at all.

On the other, ouch, this person was not good at English. Or is it MTL?

Probably both.

last edited at Jul 8, 2024 3:44AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

It's not pure MTL, there are translator notes. Beyond that, who knows.

joined Jan 14, 2020

And then, Chisaki started to stare at my face.
[Eh? Nani?]

Okay, probably not MTL.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

And then, Chisaki started to stare at my face.
[Eh? Nani?]

Okay, probably not MTL.

Lmao those weeb translations are funny in small doses but get old if you have to read a whole LN like that.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Guess I'm more tolerant of bad writing when I'm already invested. I like the characters, it's 50% BDSM erotica at this point which I also like, I can mostly figure out what's meant, so powering through...

joined Jan 14, 2020

Huh, the 4th translation is very different from the first three. Has footnotes, regular quotation marks, and the writing so far is a lot better, though still a few suspect points.

Sadly, I think the illustrator is different too.

joined Jan 14, 2020

4th translation has many fewer blatant mistakes of grammar, but has various incidents of pronoun error (mis-gendered, or "who's the speaker"), and some other odd bits. Maybe more likely to be lightly-touched modern MTL than the first 3?

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

4th translation has many fewer blatant mistakes of grammar, but has various incidents of pronoun error (mis-gendered, or "who's the speaker"), and some other odd bits. Maybe more likely to be lightly-touched modern MTL than the first 3?

Almost certainly. Pronoun confusion is typically a giveaway that something is MTL.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Almost certainly. Pronoun confusion is typically a giveaway that something is MTL.

Tell that to Tapas haha (although I wouldn't rule it out with them too, I guess).

last edited at Jul 10, 2024 8:51AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Japanese law that minors are restricted on the hours they can work per day and per week, and there may restrictions that they can’t work at night time and restrictions on hazardous taskes they are asked to perform.

Well the footnotes aren't MTL...

To reply you must either login or sign up.