Forum › The Feelings We All Must Endure discussion

joined Jan 5, 2015

NOOOOOO why'd you have to end!?!? T-T

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

so all of them are based of the 7 deadly sins.. that cool vary unique.

Didn't even pick up on that. Two of them are obvious though.

EDIT: I can't buy it. I think you can make a case for four or five of them... but Maasa and Ruki just don't resemble it at all. Even if Shuninta came out herself and said this was the plain... it didn't connect.

Maasa was like that at the beginning but it drifted away. as for Ruki was very prideful, people often think Pride is just being cocky but its much more then that, the fact she cried when got lost and thought she was useless because of it was her pride not letter her she was lost in till the stress of being lost drove her to tiers.

last edited at Mar 30, 2015 11:50PM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

A common sentiment here seems to be that this story is pretty accurate in it's depiction of love. Well, damn, if that's true, I am so NEVER getting into a relationship! The costs are too high ;_;

Okay I lied, I gave this person the wrong impression.

This is an exaggeration of what love is. Love can be easy, love can be simple, love can come out the other side bent but not broken. But relationships with people are usually difficult, typically after the initial "Oh I love you so much" phase and before the comfortable, easy-living phase. Because people suck. God I love them, and some of them I love a lot more than others, but people suck.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

To first person who ever said she thought they represented the 7sins, how do you feel now that you were correct? :) And Im still surprised that Maasa is the youngest out of all Em...

joined Feb 18, 2015

While I could do without Sacchan teasing Ruki by not telling Remi where she can go with her innuendo, it is clear that she wants no part of Remi hitting on Ruki, which is a huge change.

I love the Massa x Meru relationship and while I would have liked to see Asuna and Fuu get back together, I think it is probably better to leave it as it is. Fuu didn't tell her that she never wanted to talk to her, she obviously is still attracted to her and paying attention to her to a certain extent, and it is clear as day that Asuna still loves Fuu a ton. It is very typical that Fuu told her that she can contact her, but not to expect her to initiate contact. After all, that is just too much bother... The fact that it leaves some hope for them to be happy together is nice.

All in all it was a good manga.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Hmmm... Not the ending I was hoping for, I would have liked more of an exploration of Remi and her past. Kinda feels like there could have been another volume in here. Since this ending feels like it was planned to always be the ending, regardless of story length.

As for Ruki and Sacchan. I still think they are committed to each other. The exchange with Remi was probably Sacchan teasing Ruki, but also that yes she still may be attracted to Remi. Honestly I don't see why this is such a big deal though. I am sure countless people in committed relationships are attracted to people other than their partner, and some may even flirt with others. But does that mean that every single one of those people are going to cheat?

For me I see Ruki and Sacchan trying to make their relationship work, since they do care for each other. Will they stay together? I honestly can't say. Since this story to me does have the a bit realism that a lot of romances seem to lack. I doesn't try to predict or project a future for the characters, it is left open. All I can say is that as of the moment we leave them, I think are happy with each other.

To me, it common sense that you don't tease that way a girl as insecure as Ruki, even as a joke. It's as if she was saying "See, I can dump you/cheat on you whenever I want". And just before she that, she make it clear that nobody apart from her can touch Ruki. The balance of power is way off, and it's nothing near protecting Ruki as she said she would do.
This is just very similar to the relationship between Sacchi and her ex, there is absolutely no progress

I'm just going to quote this for truth then walk away because people get REALLY defensive of this shi-er manga.
Oh i wasted my 1000'th post on here......so much regret.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 5:07AM

Kuchiki_rukia__coloreado__by_rukiiyoruchan-d64cu3w
joined Dec 4, 2014

I'm so disappointed by this manga! I knew it was terrible from the get go and yet I kept on reading anyway, I guess I had a little hope for it to get better.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I love the Massa x Meru relationship and while I would have liked to see Asuna and Fuu get back together, I think it is probably better to leave it as it is. Fuu didn't tell her that she never wanted to talk to her, she obviously is still attracted to her and paying attention to her to a certain extent, and it is clear as day that Asuna still loves Fuu a ton. It is very typical that Fuu told her that she can contact her, but not to expect her to initiate contact. After all, that is just too much bother... The fact that it leaves some hope for them to be happy together is nice.

I think the Asuna and Fue story ended in the intermission and with Fue's internal monologue in which she says there is no hope for their relationship right now but she didn't know about the far future. So I think there is some hope of them reconciling or meeting half-way. After all, we are three+ years down the road since their breakup.

Although I'm not sure about Sachi-Ruki, I figure that Ruki is, as baffling as might come, genuinely happy and Sachi really loves her. At least both are looking forward to their future together (and look at the gesture of Ruki folding her umbrella and getting under Sachi's - all the small details in the latter chapters are really neat).

Some of the vagueness in the storytelling made me feel uneasy. Maybe Sachi's "Yeah, I guess" is supposed to be interpreted as teasing or at least her not immediately making an appointment to have some extra fun and is actually meant to show that she is no longer oblivious to Ruki's feelings. Or if it's still a lopsided relationship, then i would have liked to read some commentary on that in the afterword. If it's just "she's a wimp now" and it's played for laughs, I find that to be a problematic message. Right now I just can't tell, which is the most unsatifying for me as a reader. Right now I can't help but feel I didn't get everything, same goes for Ruki being prideful. I think what she tried to do and failed at was just her trying to be competent, one of the basic motivations of human beings (others being striving for autonomy and relatedness).

Also, the Meru Maasa Remi triangle at the end confused me. Remi seems moved by Meeru's caring for her but there is a lot of ambiguity as to what she thinks of Maasa. Before reading the extra, I pegged Remi as being unable to love, but now I think that might actually being Maasa's plight. She only allows herself to use people. Meru is her secretary investment and somehow she also took interest in Remi's skills (I guess those are making things complicated and grade A scheming). Having read the story, I have no idea what we are to expect to develop from that. I expect Remi to create a lot of problems and the only answer to Maasa being okay with that would be that she likes Remi (something I never picked up vibes for).

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 8:44AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Also, the Meru Maasa Remi triangle at the end confused me. Remi seems moved by Meeru's caring for her but there is a lot of ambiguity as to what she thinks of Maasa. Before reading the extra, I pegged Remi as being unable to love, but now I think that might actually being Maasa's plight. She only allows herself to use people. Meru is her secretary investment and somehow she also took interest in Remi's skills (I guess those are making things complicated and grade A scheming). Having read the story, I have no idea what we are to expect to develop from that. I expect Remi to create a lot of problems and the only answer to Maasa being okay with that would be that she likes Remi (something I never picked up vibes for).

I saw it as Maasa being nice to her like she is with every of the other girls. Maasa is not different with her than with the others. Plus Remi is the best in her area Manipulation x), I'm sure Maasa can put this particular ability to good use
At least that's how i want to see it x)

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 8:55AM

0asm1
joined Oct 28, 2013

so it's ended huh... I really enjoyed Amano Shuninta's works and this one as well. the characters growth she depicted is nice... and the way she kept some things as a mystery is just the right spice.

Like, how Sacchan went from typical weak, pathetic girlfriend to an independent, confident young woman. Ruki who came to realization that her pride is nothing more than dust when it comes to love. Meru who finds something (beside eating and self-loving) that she genuinely want to do. and I really don't get what's inside Remi's head lol. as for Fue and Asuna, where there's love then there's hope, I'd say. while Maasa is all cool and handsome since day one, but also an airhead sometimes lol.

Fairy_tail_zero_ch03_12%20-%20c%c3%b3pia
joined Dec 7, 2014

The ending was nice, this was a nice manga to accompany

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

what a good read, I'm glad masa and meru got together

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

Mmm, I liked this.
Best part was Maasa and Meru getting together, and the worst was Sachi cheating on Ruki.

joined Apr 1, 2015

Hmm, first post here, why not add another forum to the many I already frequent and discuss things?

I want to say that reading the last 20 pages have been more fun than reading the manga itself. The first thing that came into mind after reading chapter 12 was "as soon as I finish reading this manga I NEED to check the discussion forums for the lulz". I laughed, I shunned/pitied people who were defending cheating, took some points I wasn't considering. Overall at least this discussion seemed like a lot of fun and maybe there are much more, sadly I found about this manga too late, as a random link on reddit that I decided to click for whatever reason, if anyone knows other series that might have discussions like this that is still on-going please inform me as long it's not from Seo Kouji because I'm not reading the same shit for the third time ^^'

About my thoughts on this series, starting with Fue and her problem, it doesn't feel like her problem is just depression, it might be something similar to what I've seen in a documentary a few years ago about a woman who was sleepy most of the time during her wake hours, she would just do enough to work, commuting and preparing meals, very little socializing, and in her free days she would sleep 16+ hours a day, one phrase from her that really left an impression on me was "if you offered me the best things to do in this city, for free, I would just say 'no' because I'd rather go home and sleep.", this considering she lived in a prosperous and quite active large city. Fue gives the same impression, she might not even be frigid, she is just REALLY sleepy all the time and everything getting into her way to get some sleep is just an annoyance. Sad thing for Asuna... really, for someone as lustful as her to end up in love with such a person must be so hard, the tension between the two of them is so real and yet it feels the both of them are afraid of getting it going again.

Whatever Maasa and Meru, the two of them didn't grow too much on me as it apparently did with many other members here, but it's good that Meru apparently got over her anorexic behavior, I just hope she doesn't get diabetes or really obese...

Sachi, Ruki and Remi... oh well, wasn't this he main attraction of the whole show? I really liked some things through the development of the plot but the ending overall was underwhelming, why are they even talking to Remi to begin with? I find it hard to believe the others weren't aware of what happened and yet they are just there interacting with Remi as if nothing happened. Heck! Sachi and Ruki even call out to her and give her a gift, how nice isn't it? Giving a gift for the one who caused the worst pain you ever felt emotionally? Not saying everything was Remi's fault since I really think the main one to blame was Sachi for what happened between the three of them, but she is a dangerous person to be around, she is deceitful and callous, the fact that the characters are still interacting with her and even making fun of what happened with Ruki leaves me really annoyed, can these people really be called "friends?" How is Sachi trustworthy considering all this? Damn. This chapter is just lukewarm shit, we could've just ended with the last one.

Ruki from chapter 12 and the Ruki from chapter 13 also seemed like two different people, blinded by love? Maybe. When she declared to Remi that they weren't going anywhere with that discussion, it was the peak of her character, a statement like saying "there is no reason to waste my time with someone like you", Remi there was trying to play the villain, even if Ruki got mad at her provocation at some point she just shrugged at Remi after getting a few answers and concluding Remi was too fucked up to have a reasonable argument with, she was really strong in this scene, probably stronger than Sachi will ever be in her self-indulging bullshit of protecting Ruki. Yet this is the same character who accepts all the bullshit Sachi spews at her without any hint of remorse in the next chapter, obviously, because of her love, even if the author really played Sachi here as an asshole until the end but it's Ruki choice, not mine (but I would've probably done the same, well... happens), Ruki is willing to run the risk of getting hurt even more, and from what can be seen from the end, around two years have passed and everything was okay. Eternal as long as it last, they say.

Oh, another thing, about this realism thing that all people seen to value so much, there is more than just that makes this story convincingly good. Realism here isn't the main reason we can relate to the characters, even because at points they are exaggerated to act like allegories of something the author is trying to transmit through his writing, but for this, things do not to be realistic to invoke such emotions, the same can be achieved through many other metaphors or scenarios that cannot be found in reality and end with similar results. But yeah, this story is realistic enough that I look at the seven of them and can fit them with people I know and see the same shit happening because I've seen similar, but thing that ever hit closest to home with me wasn't even a bit realistic...

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 1:13PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

and the worst was Sachi cheating on Ruki.

I'm not trying to defend Sachan but she technically wasn't cheating. Ruki and her were sex friends at that time, nothing more. Technically not being cheating doesn't make what she did any less dickish but it still technically wasn't cheating. Ruki is not completely innocent either, her asking for sex made things awkward in the first place. Obviously that doesn't even compare to what Sachan did, but still.

Now, I've seen people say Ruki went from really strong character to weak. I really like Ruki but she never was that strong, I think. She got easily baited into having sex with Remi because of her pride, pretty much every important thing she did was because someone pushed her into it and even when Sachan and Ruki got lost, it was Sachan who did the consoling. Ruki tried to act strong but I don't think she ever really was.

his writing

It's "her" writing.

joined Apr 1, 2015

and the worst was Sachi cheating on Ruki.

I'm not trying to defend Sachan but she technically wasn't cheating. Ruki and her were sex friends at that time, nothing more. Technically not being cheating doesn't make what she did any less dickish but it still technically wasn't cheating. Ruki is not completely innocent either, her asking for sex made things awkward in the first place. Obviously that doesn't even compare to what Sachan did, but still.

Not giving an answer while conceding to Ruki was a mistake, it's not like she said she wasn't going out too after what happened. Even she considered it cheating because she never gave Ruki a clear answer. Technically she accepted Ruki even if she wasn't fully prepared.

Now, I've seen people say Ruki went from really strong character to weak. I really like Ruki but she never was that strong, I think. She got easily baited into having sex with Remi because of her pride, pretty much every important thing she did was because someone pushed her into it and even when Sachan and Ruki got lost, it was Sachan who did the consoling. Ruki tried to act strong but I don't think she ever really was.

I don't think she got baited because of her pride, it looked like raw curiosity. Actually, the whole deal with the sins was a bit off on how they were presented, Remi for example just looks like Lust #2, And Ruki is strong in her own way, willing to get hurt, willing to move on, willing to forgive, she might not be someone dependable, but she is strong standing on her own two feet when needed.

his writing

It's "her" writing.

Oh... noted.

Edit: typos.

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 2:18PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Not giving an answer while conceding to Ruki was a mistake, it's not like she said she wasn't going out too after what happened. Even she considered it cheating because she never gave Ruki a clear answer. Technically she accepted Ruki even if she wasn't fully prepared.

Yeah, like I said, I'm not trying to excuse Sachan. What she did was horrible and what Ruki did was a drop in the ocean. But at least in that point, Sachan is as wrong for not giving her an answer as Ruki is for just going with it. And when I say "as wrong as", I mean it's 70% Sachan's fault. You're pretty much point on about her accepting Ruki, that's why I wrote technically.

I don't think she got baited because of her pride, it looked like raw curiosity.

Mh, to me it felt like she didn't really want to and then did it because Remi asked if she was scared. It's not spelled out so there's no way to know. Actually, I think there are a lot of things not spelled out so there is a lot of space for speculation, which is probably why the views of people here differ so much.

Actually, the whole deal with the sins was a bit off on how they were presented, Remi for example just looks like Lust #2, And Ruki is strong in her own way, willing to get hurt, willing to move on, she might not be someone dependable, but she is strong with her own standing.

I heard about the 7 Sins before finishing the manga and I actually kinda figured her for Envy. Sure, partly because Lust was already taken but I do think it fits.
As for Ruki, like I said, I think there is a lot of room for the reader in regards to the character's motivations and feelings. I know I saw Ruki as really strong the first time I read the manga up to chapter 10 or whatever was scanlated at that time.

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 2:17PM

joined Apr 1, 2015

Mh, to me it felt like she didn't really want to and then did it because Remi asked if she was scared. It's not spelled out so there's no way to know. Actually, I think there are a lot of things not spelled out so there is a lot of space for speculation, which is probably why the views of people here differ so much.

This is the main appeal of this manga. Many things are open, we read some of the characters thoughts but not all of them, I don't remember right now if we ever go deep into Remi thoughts, but from what she says about love being like a trap says a lot about her and what she thinks of love. Was she hurt in the past because of love? Probably yes, I wonder if she was directly rejected (maybe she was already an slut when she fell in love and her love rejected her for it) or was she cheated on? We don't know the answers but we know there is something there.

Same with Asuna and Fue, they are interested in each other, but neither are able to step out of the their comfort zones, if we consider that Fue is sick (be it depression or some other issue) and that are drugs/hormones that could make Asuna less horny, they could make it work somehow, but they do not seek help and just indulge to their sins.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, I'd like to answer in more than one sentence but I completely agree, the freedom for the reader is one of the (many) strong points of this manga. Could have just switched that comma with a dot and make it 2 sentences but whatever, now it's 2 sentences anyway..

joined May 1, 2013

I don't remember right now if we ever go deep into Remi thoughts, but from what she says about love being like a trap says a lot about her and what she thinks of love. Was she hurt in the past because of love? Probably yes, I wonder if she was directly rejected (maybe she was already an slut when she fell in love and her love rejected her for it) or was she cheated on? We don't know the answers but we know there is something there.

I might be alone here, but it's really unpleasant to see even a fictional character called a slut. I also can't fully wrap my head around that way of judging way of looking at characters. Whether or not Remi's a well-drawn character, I certainly don't think we're intended to judge her negatively for her views on sex.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I might be alone here, but it's really unpleasant to see even a fictional character called a slut. I also can't fully wrap my head around that way of judging way of looking at characters. Whether or not Remi's a well-drawn character, I certainly don't think we're intended to judge her negatively for her views on sex.

We can judge her on what she did though.

joined May 1, 2013

Which is what, precisely?

Worst thing she did was being mean in the confrontation with Ruki on the beach, and even then she was written to have a benevolent ultimate goal.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Which is what, precisely?

Worst thing she did was being mean in the confrontation with Ruki on the beach, and even then she was written to have a benevolent ultimate goal.

wat

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Another discussion about Remi? It's going to be fun to watch.

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 6:40PM

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 12:07AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.