Forum › Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! discussion

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Puts down flowers
Lord Atobee (^_^)/ ..Happy Funeral.. uh birthday*

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 11:04AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I'm starting to wonder whether we'll ever get any tangible progress. Also starting to wonder whether it even matters: this is pretty good already.

Yeah I don't mind how it is right now either, juuuust as long as we actually get progress by the end of the series...I'd hate for the series to end the same way every chapter so far has ended (even if it is hilarious).

joined Apr 6, 2013

I'm starting to wonder whether we'll ever get any tangible progress. Also starting to wonder whether it even matters: this is pretty good already.

That said, I'm still holding out for a chapter where Akina discovers that Konatsu and Touko are dating, which in turn leads to her coming to terms with her own feelings for Kaede. Hey, I can dream...

We have the same dream.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah I don't mind how it is right now either, juuuust as long as we actually get progress by the end of the series...I'd hate for the series to end the same way every chapter so far has ended (even if it is hilarious).

I think part of it for me is simply being able to see that a realized-she's-super-gay Shinozaki agonizing over an assumed-to-be-straight Kaede would be easily as hilarious as what we've seen so far, and be an early payoff for the story so far (them becoming an actual couple would probably be a series finale thing).

Like can you imagine Shinozaki knowing she's gay and trying desperately to hide it? That's comedy gold, given the character that's been built up so far.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Damn, I missed that manga, still funny as hell. And don't mind the slow pacing myself, it's enjoyable enough reading Shinozaki's antics with the occasional yuri delusion she's having. Sure hope it'll end up nicely with the two of them hooking up, but I'm enjoying the ride so far. <3

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Congratulations, Akina! You've discovered the joys and perils of the booby-pillow!

Kosuzu
joined Nov 11, 2014

I think part of it for me is simply being able to see that a realized-she's-super-gay Shinozaki agonizing over an assumed-to-be-straight Kaede would be easily as hilarious as what we've seen so far, and be an early payoff for the story so far (them becoming an actual couple would probably be a series finale thing).

Like can you imagine Shinozaki knowing she's gay and trying desperately to hide it? That's comedy gold, given the character that's been built up so far.

That's true, actually. It would be a good set-up for some amazing freak-outs.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Hah, I think what's funnier is how she's freaking out over being discovered as an otaku more so than being gay. (Which is probably intentional on the author's part lol.)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

GUYS! hear me out... this is what I imagine, Akina b-day is coming up right? Which friends will be in the party? All of them? otakus and old friends? JUST IMAGINE THAT!!!

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 4:38PM

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

GUYS! hear me out... this is what I imagine, Akina b-day is coming up right? Which friends will be in the party? All of them? otakus and old friends? JUST IMAGINE THAT!!!

Oh, that's a really good opportunity there! And if it's at her house and her brother is there too? It just might be too much for Akina. Can't wait to see.

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

First I have to say to say I love Akina trying so hard to hide her otaku nature despite her old friend's obviously not caring/already figured it out. It reminds me of a time when I tried to hide my own hobbies and interests since I felt embarrassed by them.

Also I hope they do go with Akina trying to hide her love for Kaede. I can see Akina and Kaede going out by themselves more often, all the while Akina trying to hide her sexual frustrations and making excuses for her actions. The kicker being Kaede asking her why she is being so weird on their dates.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Atobee-sama thank you for this wonderful manga!

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

This Lord Atobee is like a Donald Duck of shoujo fandom

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

If there's one other person whom I'd like to thank being born, it's gotta be Hikawa Shou. Thank you for brightening up my day with every new Shinozaki-san chapter. :3

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

pfft a true lolicon doesn't find kids attractive, that just makes you a pedo, a true lolicon finds lolis attractive, there is a difference in that lolis look absolutely nothing like real children.

You know "Lolicon" is just the Japanese word for pedophile right?

joined Jan 30, 2015

pfft a true lolicon doesn't find kids attractive, that just makes you a pedo, a true lolicon finds lolis attractive, there is a difference in that lolis look absolutely nothing like real children.

I've learned that this is the kind of logic you can't argue with. Not because it's strongly argued, but because it's an understanding of pedophilia formed from anime and anime fans with a similar mindset.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

I've learned that this is the kind of logic you can't argue with. Not because it's strongly argued, but because it's an understanding of pedophilia formed from anime and anime fans with a similar mindset.

Well, it was worth a try.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This needs a denial tag.

Denial she's a lesbian, denial she's an otaku, denial that everyone knows she's all of these things.

joined Jan 30, 2015

Well, it was worth a try.

Oh, you can try what you want. I just feel that it saves a lot of time and effort to pick your battles, you know?

This needs a denial tag.

Denial she's a lesbian, denial she's an otaku, denial that everyone knows she's all of these things.

Yes. I think the manga is funny partially because the main character frequently panics about things that absolutely no one she knows will care about. It's a game of deception with only one player.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I'm just gonna imagine the doujin Hakuna stole was at least a OfficeGirlxFutaGirl doujin, or else someone's gonna be in SO much pain. Also, Makoto's friend should die. Period. Don't like him. GIVE ME MORE HIBARI!

... I tried to google the doujinshi because I misread your post, thinking that it was a specific one you were referencing. I am sad now.

I think Lord Atobee is Aizen, and all of this is his nefarious plot to escape his sunflower jailer. And hopefully to prove that the cutest girl is in fact a girl.

Shinozaki is one of my favourite protagonists in anything ever.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

cd dramaaaaaa http://bit.ly/1I0A8L7 Akina: Kaori Ishihara
Kaede: Minami Tanaka
Micchy: Shiori Izawa
Makoto: Tomokazu Seki
Konatsu: Yu Kobayashi
Touko: Ayaka Fukuhara
Chigusa: Sayaka Nakaya

edit: I also saw a pair of pages of the upcoming chapter, please please people wait until the translated release to say anything about it here.

last edited at Apr 23, 2015 4:14PM

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

new chapter was funny dangit shinozaki stop throwing stuff out of proportion

Shadowring123
joined Feb 19, 2011

Gaaahhhhh that awkwardness of trying to talk to ppl in your class but you've never really talked to them before is so real!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Drama cd is just voice right? I wonder if anyone will sub it?

joined Jan 8, 2014

Ugh...theres no yuri in the yuri... :(
Either that or sleep has fogged my goggles... sigh

To reply you must either login or sign up.