Forum › An Absurd Relationship discussion

joined Jul 8, 2013

OH. I was wondering what this was a continuation to. And after reading the second chapter. I find out that its the second chapter to the GODDESS OF AN MC, of what I originally thought was a one shot. I just hope she remains as perfect as she was in the first chapter for the rest of the series (assuming there is more, that is). Still can't get over how perfect that rejection at the end of the first chapter was though. Nice to see that, FOR ONCE, somebody gets whats coming to them in a yuri manga. I feel like more often than not the scummy characters get their happy endings in these lol. Probably wrong but that's just the impression I get because of the disappointing feeling I get when it happens they leave a more lasting impression I guess. But I really feel like those characters that cheat on their husbands/spouses with another woman, stringing them along the entire time, without ever having the intention to actually break up with the spouse get what they want. Both the married life AND the mistress which just isn't an ending I'm okay with.
This MC tho. Took a character that totally tried to pull that kind of shit and then trampled all over her, which was just wonderful.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 6:38PM

joined Nov 30, 2011

I thought this was a oneshot, since it's not... OH YES!

I know right!!? I wish some other oneshots had surprise updates as well! Maybe if we made offerings to the great onee-sama in the sky we could get some others updated?? O_o

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I read it, but I need to go back and re-read the original because I'm not making the connections I should be.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I don't know if you've realized what you've written xD You're talking about giving birth or having an abortion, afterwards getting a cosmetic operation just so that she seems like a new person and returning to the same company. This isn't some spanish soap opera.

A makeover isn't cosmetic surgery.

I'm almost positive that Mihashi left because of the pregnancy either for maternity leave or because of what Emi said. Another (and very probable) reason is she got transferred because of her affair with the section chief, he most likely has the power to do so. Plus he was married.

She was already intending to quit due to all the rumors. Plus on top of that she was outright rejected by the person she was actually interested in and was pregnant. I seriously doubt she actually stayed and was forced to transfer or something.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I liked it as a oneshot, but the new ch. looks interesting too... So, is it really ongoing? Anyone knows if there are more ch. out already?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I liked it as a oneshot, but the new ch. looks interesting too... So, is it really ongoing? Anyone knows if there are more ch. out already?

From Divulge:

I’m not actually sure what the deal is with this series. It may be released monthly through Rakuen’s website and eventually form the backbone of another collection of doujinshi, but at this point that’s all speculation on my part.

joined Feb 18, 2015

I really liked Emi in the one shot. This could be really interesting! I hope it gets regular updates.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Ohhh...I didn't see it that way. Woah. I kinda thought Mihashi was the future, but it's very possible that Taneda is Mihashi's replacement.

But ya know...I have this nagging feeling that Taneda IS Mihashi, just changed a bit with a cleaned up act. I mean Mihashi slept around to catch Yamanaka's attention...I wouldn't put a complete makeover past her either. I'm kinda hoping for it too now haha.

But maybe that's just because this is finale week and so many awesome plot twists get revealed.

I don't know if you've realized what you've written xD You're talking about giving birth or having an abortion, afterwards getting a cosmetic operation just so that she seems like a new person and returning to the same company. This isn't some spanish soap opera.

Taneda's hairstyle is different and on the whole her character is more straightforward. So really. I'm almost positive that Mihashi left because of the pregnancy either for maternity leave or because of what Emi said. Another (and very probable) reason is she got transferred because of her affair with the section chief, he most likely has the power to do so. Plus he was married.

I'm not trying to start anything, but that is just such an impossible scenario I don't know how you came up with it.

No I hear you, but be careful with how you start. "I don't know if you've realized what you've written"...those are fightin' words chief. Careful. A lot of people will put 'em up to that.

It's not a Spanish soap opera move to do that necessarily. Her actually being pregnant is up on the air too...who knows WHERE she got that pregnancy stick from...I've read Gone Girl I know how easy it is to fake pregnancy. And even if she was, she gives birth/abortion, and then changes hairstyle and the way she carries herself. Both their eyes are the same, and Takemiya loves to play with eyes. It's not entirely difficult to carry a new personality in a story, especially considering how little info we have of Mihashi. Also remember Mihashi said she would leave because of the harassment and abuse at work because of her sleeping around. So doing it would not be difficult. Plus, based on Durarara and Death Parade, cosmetic operations aren't far-fetched.

I don't think it'll happen...but if you entertain me and think about how it's possible...it makes for an awesome little story.

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

AHAHAA THE CREDITS PAGE wipes tear

Hope we get more of this. Interesting plot.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

This is interesting. I was not expecting any continuation from this series but now I'm looking forward to what this series have in store.

The credit page though, I laughed more than I should xD

Didn't know that this manga had more than that one chapter(which i thought was sooo TERRIBLE for ma PURE YURI LOVING HEART O_o)...
But if that dark short haired woman gets another shot at love with someone who knows how to get her love, i'm not against some more ;D

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 11:34PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's written "Fin" at the end of the chapter 2. Which means it's probably like the previous one : what follows is left to the imagination of the reader. The author may very well reuse Emi in other short unrelated chapters, with the Nagomi as a background.

3z8eb8cxabml0ib3limx
Divulge Scans
joined Dec 29, 2010

It's written "Fin" at the end of the chapter 2. Which means it's probably like the previous one : what follows is left to the imagination of the reader. The author may very well reuse Emi in other short unrelated chapters, with the Nagomi as a background.

That's just how she signals the end of her parts over at Rakuen (you can see the same thing on the Fragments of Love chapters, whereas Yuri-Hime's style is a "to be continued").

joined Mar 25, 2013

True, but I don't see how Emi wouldn't recognize her otherwise. A makeover isn't enough for her to change to that degree.

I don't think it'll happen...but if you entertain me and think about how it's possible...it makes for an awesome little story.

It's a typical Spanish soap opera move. Every time I caught a glance from the different 'shows' there's always something like that. Nevertheless I really can't think how it's possible. Even if she changes her hairstyle and the way she carries herself (and even then her original personality will slip from time to time, and also the little mannerisms) you've said that her eyes aren't changed, so there's one of the things Emi could recognize her by, the other thing that she'd recognize her almost certainly by is the voice. Emi has a good head on her shoulders. So really I can't see it being possible at all, plus you keep comparing it to other mediums and I don't know why, they have nothing to do with this manga.

I disagree on that it would be an awesome little story. Recycling characters for drama is a really stupid move, one that I haven't seen yet from Jin and I don't think it's in her to pull something like this.

joined Mar 30, 2012

I was getting tired of Jin's artwork but this... er series is interesting

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

haha, a twist, and a cute one at that..

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

True, but I don't see how Emi wouldn't recognize her otherwise. A makeover isn't enough for her to change to that degree.

It's a typical Spanish soap opera move. Every time I caught a glance from the different 'shows' there's always something like that. Nevertheless I really can't think how it's possible. Even if she changes her hairstyle and the way she carries herself (and even then her original personality will slip from time to time, and also the little mannerisms) you've said that her eyes aren't changed, so there's one of the things Emi could recognize her by, the other thing that she'd recognize her almost certainly by is the voice. Emi has a good head on her shoulders. So really I can't see it being possible at all, plus you keep comparing it to other mediums and I don't know why, they have nothing to do with this manga.

I disagree on that it would be an awesome little story. Recycling characters for drama is a really stupid move, one that I haven't seen yet from Jin and I don't think it's in her to pull something like this.

I compare to other reputable, respectable mediums to show that a move of it's sort can carry weight. Establishing ethos, a basic rhetoric technique.

I'm not sure what you have particularly against MIhashi coming back...I respect your dislike of the move itself and acknowledge your lack of want for that to happen. But all the same I think outright labeling such a move as stupid is a bit rash and preemptive.

I'll reiterate, I don't think it'll happen. It was an idea that I said in passing because I thought if someone as capable as Jin were to write a story like that, it would be wonderful. I've felt bad for Mihashi since this came out...even though she did something very immature and idiotic, she's still a person with real feelings. If we never see her again, then that would be fine too. Just a spark of a thought that crossed some synapse of my brain.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I'll reiterate, I don't think it'll happen. It was an idea that I said in passing because I thought if someone as capable as Jin were to write a story like that, it would be wonderful. I've felt bad for Mihashi since this came out...even though she did something very immature and idiotic, she's still a person with real feelings. If we never see her again, then that would be fine too. Just a spark of a thought that crossed some synapse of my brain.

It's my fault as well for going so far on what was at first a joking remark. I really can't see how it would be wonderful, I can only see it as bad writing, and including her would be just for the sake of drama, and that to me is stupid. She may be a person with real feelings but she did what she did to herself, I can only see her get worse if she comes back, which I can't comprehend how she could do that if you account for the fact that she cheated and got told to pretty much 'fuck off' by the person she supposedly loves.

Regardless if that was your intent for bringing her back just for drama, in my opinion that's just shoddy writing. That's not to say you can't enjoy it of course, but if that happened I'd drop it immediately.

Lets end it here (:

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 1:06PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

i would just like to point out that if it is the girl from chapter 1 that would be bad, not because of what happened before, if she really wanted to clean up her act that's great, she should, but if she is still going after our MC that's straight up yandere territory.
Seriously just no, that entire situation would just reek of creepy obsession.

last edited at Apr 1, 2015 2:29PM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

It's my fault as well for going so far on what was at first a joking remark. I really can't see how it would be wonderful, I can only see it as bad writing, and including her would be just for the sake of drama, and that to me is stupid. She may be a person with real feelings but she did what she did to herself, I can only see her get worse if she comes back, which I can't comprehend how she could do that if you account for the fact that she cheated and got told to pretty much 'fuck off' by the person she supposedly loves.

Regardless if that was your intent for bringing her back just for drama, in my opinion that's just shoddy writing. That's not to say you can't enjoy it of course, but if that happened I'd drop it immediately.

Lets end it here (:

Oh this isn't really an argument so much as a debate. It's good talk...I like hearing other people's opinions. Again, if you don't like it and think it's shoddy writing, then I respect that. I didn't find anything to be particularly aggressive, no worries :)

joined Aug 4, 2014

Ouch, somebody's gonna get laid in chapter 2.

joined Oct 26, 2014

I just read this story recently. Amazing! I like where this story is going. Why is there a huge gap between updates?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I just read this story recently. Amazing! I like where this story is going. Why is there a huge gap between updates?

It started out as a oneshot and just recently got serialized/a second chapter.

joined Oct 26, 2014

Lets end it here (:

Oh this isn't really an argument so much as a debate. It's good talk...I like hearing other people's opinions. Again, if you don't like it and think it's shoddy writing, then I respect that. I didn't find anything to be particularly aggressive, no worries :)

joined Mar 30, 2012

It started out as a oneshot and just recently got serialized/a second chapter.

I see why the big emotion difference now, as a oneshot that was pretty good but the second chapter is really enjoyable after the taste of that first chapter. Is there a third? I know it says Fin but :( so curious about what happens after!

To reply you must either login or sign up.