Forum › An Absurd Relationship discussion

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

argghhh the feel!!
still better than het h suddenly introducing lesbians characters just to be banged by guys!!!
i'm pissed off!

joined Oct 26, 2014

Ouch. That hurt. And really, I do feel bad for her, mostly because I'm not entirely certain how honest our "narrator" really is, or accurate.

[spoilers, our, I'm on mobile and don't know how to do the fancy text blacking out thing.]

I mean, let's say the girl who's dealing with the situation by blowing ash in the other girl's face, Emi, has been emotionally approachable the entire time and she's wholly correct about the other girl only sleeping with two other guys to get her attention. If that's the case, is blowing ash into the face of a girl in a terrible position who obviously has feelings for you while dismissing her emotions the most efficient way of letting her down? Does it serve any purpose other than schadenfreude? Catharsis, perhaps, bit not the most emotionally healthy form for either of them.

Now let's take what this suggests and run with it. She's a bit cold and unavailable, maybe even casually Calais, but the other girl feel for her anyway. We also know the other girl was clearly unsatisfied in her relationship and being purposefully manipulated by at least one of the men she had a relationship with. Why was she willing to enter those two relationships and be unsatisfied instead of pursuing the one she wanted? Who knows? Maybe she was unsure about her asexuality. Either way, she was emotionally vulnerable enough to be easily manipulated from the look of it. So we have an emotionally vulnerable, affectionate girl who has developed feelings for an unsociable, occasionally brusque woman.

I'm going to guess she felt pushed away, or at least kept at arm's length, and unloved. Does that make it completely Emi's fault? No. It does mean at some point she likely had some idea that this girl was interested in her before things got to this point and didn't do anything about it. After all, she clearly knew what this girl was after but didn't say anything about it until the end. Even when it was clear the girl was has aging an emotional episode in the works, she let it go on, not bothering the talk the other girl down, and let it explode to the point where she shut the girl down hard.

[/spoilers]

Why? It's seems Emi isn't great at dealing with her emotions either. "Irrational Us."

last edited at Nov 22, 2014 10:41PM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

From where I see it, I think that that Mihashi-girl didn't really notice or acknowledge that she was in love with Emi. Instead she wanted Emi to make a move on her. She probably wanted to be saved by her and got into those two relationships. And Emi was probably really disappointed by that behavior and walked away, because she didn't want to date her out of pity. Partly I find that amazing on the other hand it really is cold. But that's just how Emi is I guess. Kinda like her character though.
Amazing oneshot. How much is said in so few pages. How horrible things can go, when people don't talk...

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Why? It's seems Emi isn't great at dealing with her emotions either. "Irrational Us."

You raised some good points that fleshed out some of the things I was thinking myself.

What we have here is probably a failure to care for your love interesting and take responsibility for their well being by not being honest or walking the walk. Queen's "Under Pressure" says that "love dares us to care for the people on the edge of the night", which I think means that love includes being there for people who are in dire straits and forgiving things they do because they are miserable. If you find yourself on the edge of the night, you probably can't see clearly.

Two other points I would like to make:

1. The other person's "worth" doesn't hinge on their perceived purity. No matter how "experienced" your love interest is or if they are still to some degree bound by a previous relationship (an extreme would be to already have kids with someone else), that doesn't mean it can't work out and you couldn't both still be happy together. Emi seems to be exceptionally hurt by the fact that Mihashi is not exclusively hers although none of them ever committed. Emi even said she was "too easy", which makes it sound that for her it's more about possession and that the other relationships were taking away from what she was hoping to get by getting together with Minashi. They could still make it work even with all the things that happened, none of them are necessarily things that prevent them from having a relationship. That is all just in Emi's head and has to do with her life premisses, which she could easily changes with some introspection. If she thinks she can't love someone who was insecure enough to bait her with fake liaisons, then of course that is what it is going to look like to her.

2. The idea of a person having a certain worth that can increase or decrease is inextricably bound to the notion that you can possess a person and that this entitled you to anything.

/I think Takemiya Jin is a master troll. All hail!

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

that was sad..
but lol that credit page.

joined Mar 17, 2015

Isn't this a one shot, why is it ongoing?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Isn't this a one shot, why is it ongoing?

I took a look at Divulge's projects and there is a chapter 2 they are working on right now. It may even be serialized in Rakuen.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

oh my god the credit page! How do you guys come up with these things?!?!?

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Well, as it is obviously not a oneshot, should we expect a chapter continuing where the first left off? I don't think a back story would do any good unless there was something more planned, their relationship wasn't exactly deep at the time of the first chapter so while they might have been in love, I don't think that is enough to justify more chapters of purely things in the past. Would have been better just to stay a oneshot in that case. I am all for a complete series though. Maybe they could get together without ruining the sad, but actually quite good, ending in chapter 1.

EDIT: This is all probably irrelevant now as it seems to be a different girl.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 7:26AM

Lollipop_chainsaw__juliet_starling_pixel_by_animefreak_denise-d60r96v
joined Mar 31, 2015

I just love the last page of chapter 2

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

Ohh. I didn't think there was a chapter 2. Is there a chapter 3 or more?

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

Ohh. I didn't think there was a chapter 2. Is there a chapter 3 or more?

Well it seems this chapter was just published 3 days ago so while there may be another chapter coming, nothing seems to be available to translate at the moment.

Pioc
joined Mar 31, 2015

GIIIIIRLLL!
I WANNA TAKE YOU TO A GAY BAR!
I WANNA TAKE YOU TO A GAY BAR!
I WANNA TAKE YOU TO A GAY BAR, GAY BAR, GAY BAR!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Taneda-chan showing Mihashi from the first chapter how it's done~

joined Dec 7, 2013

Well, as it is obviously not a oneshot, should we expect a chapter continuing where the first left off? I don't think a back story would do any good unless there was something more planned, their relationship wasn't exactly deep at the time of the first chapter so while they might have been in love, I don't think that is enough to justify more chapters of purely things in the past. Would have been better just to stay a oneshot in that case. I am all for a complete series though. Maybe they could get together without ruining the sad, but actually quite good, ending in chapter 1.

I don't think this is backstory. The light-haired girl in Ch2 isn't the same one from Ch1. The first was called Mihashi and that guy in Ch2 calls the girl there Taneda, so I'm guessing this is sometime in the future after Mihashi left.

Correct me if im wrong though.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 6:33AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. i totally didn't pick up in that.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

That credits page!
BURNING LOVE!!!
(Kongou x Fem!Admiral is niiiiiice)

Kancolle aside, I'm looking forward to see what's coming next in this series. Adult yuri is always welcomed.

Rsz_17544039_p0
joined Jul 19, 2014

Holy shit! Best credits page so far! lol

joined Sep 9, 2013

No offense but chapter two feels awkward and out of place. Makes chapter one feels pointless. just could not enjoy it at all.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I don't think this is backstory. The light-haired girl in Ch2 isn't the same one from Ch1. The first was called Mihashi and that guy in Ch2 calls the girl there Taneda, so I'm guessing this is sometime in the future after Mihashi left.

Correct me if im wrong though.

Ah yeah, that does seem to be the case. Timeline wise I am a bit confused now though but yeah, I guess I made a bit of a fool of myself haha

joined Mar 25, 2013

No offense but chapter two feels awkward and out of place. Makes chapter one feels pointless. just could not enjoy it at all.

Why does it feel pointless? Even if it's not that obvious this clearly takes place after the other girl got pregnant and probably left the company and the new girl is her replacement. I think Jin is trying to give Emi a happy ending.

This one seems manipulative as well, but for now it seems she's not the type that is like the previous girl. More like the type that is kind of obvious in her intentions, or at least obvious enough so that if the other party is interested she could gauge the reaction and act accordingly. Or at least that's what I hope. There's not enough characters that go aggressively for the person they like and are obvious about it. It seems the end is slightly pointing in that direction though.

0asm1
joined Oct 28, 2013

So Taneda is actually staring at Emi because she has seen her at several occasion in Nagomi, I guess?
Lol yes Emi is right, this girl is gonna cause her trouble... in some very enjoyable ways XD

and the credit page just killed me. I want my personal Kongou as well lolololol

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Emi and Mika should totally meet.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, I love Takemiya's strong but flawed and kinda jerk-ish characters so this seems like it's going to be really interesting.

Emi and Mika should totally meet.

Yes! More angst!

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

The very sudden shift in tone seems strange. I'm glad to see more, but it feels completely disconnected from the first one shot. That said I did enjoy this continuation and am interested to see how it progresses. Bring on the angst!

To reply you must either login or sign up.