Forum › I See You, Aizawa-san! discussion

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Seta's threatening to make the story less yuri... until you learn he has 2 moms making it MORE YURI

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Whoa Whoa WHOA. Evil slips in!?! I'VE FOUND THE BAD GUY

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Wow things are really starting now. TBH I really do hope we encounter and find out more about this evil spirit in the next few chapters as I really want to know what is going on and why is everything happening as it is kinda getting confusing.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Don't know what's going on but it's sure scary

joined Apr 10, 2023

Considering Shinto rules, Aizawa beginning to despair could very well make her highly dangerous. I don't see why Michi would have put up some safeguard that would hurt herself if Aizawa would see her notice her. Going by how shy Michi is in the photograph vs how normal she was in the old flashback it's possible that she carried ghost trauma before even meeting Aizawa.

Michi having ghost trauma is one of the first things about her past we learn, remember the flashback of her attempting to help a little girl, only to realize the girl is a ghost missing its eyes?

joined Apr 10, 2023

Looking back at that horrifying event for Aizawa, I think there might be something or someone else in there with her. The first time we see her transformed like that, her eyes still look relatively normal for her, that distinct sparkly shoujo look. The next two pages though, the eyes change. They're lighter and solid in color, and most importantly fuzzy bordered instead of distinct, making them closer to Michi and Senpai. On the page where Michi starts fleeing you can see both at once: on the left, a dark distinct Aizawa-like eye expressing horror, and on the right two light fuzzy eyes staring at Michi. There's one final eye visible when Baby Michi touches Aizawa, but it's so small and stylized that I think it might just be Aizawa's normal eyes returning, despite it looking different.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Whoa Whoa WHOA. Evil slips in!?! I'VE FOUND THE BAD GUY

That is certainly a very high possibility, especially with her being unable to enter the school before the seal came off, although with this series being what it is, I would not yet completely rule out something else possessing her either.

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Aizawa-san has been nominated for 2024's Manga You'd Like To See Animated Ranking.
You only need to check the series (42 for Aizawa), fill in your name, email address, check the little box, then submit your vote.

Only one vote per person. It's not like the winners are guaranteed an anime, but it shows interest. And with how long anime spend in production it doesn't matter much that Aizawa's only on its 3rd volume now.

For full disclosure, here are all the yuri nominations you might be inclined to vote for.
12: Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii
13: The Summer You Were There
17: The Fed Up Office Lady Wants to Serve the Villainess
29: Takane-san and Arashi-chan
42: I See You, Aizawa-san
48: Can't Defy the Lonely Girl

Actually, you should vote for the series that have already ended, because it's very difficult to have a chance to get an anime, the ongoing series still have many chances to get an anime, it's best to vote for number 13 or 48.

From the beginning, I thought De:Lphinus coming to Aizawa's school would lead to some event, but I didn't expect it to lead to the final boss so soon. And it's been a while since I've seen a main character that had great power before but couldn't use it at the beginning of the story (if BLEMEY's hypothesis is correct).

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Banking on maybe that last girl is possessed by the spirit that might have killed her.

joined Apr 10, 2023

Considering Ange's symptoms and how Honami was described as also being really sickly before she died, I'm guessing it's a spirit that possessed her and is now possessing Ange.
I would also predict its goal is actually Michi instead of Honami's ghost. There's a trope in stories about evil ghosts and spirit mediums where the mediums have some potential energy that evil ghosts wanna consume. It would hardly be the first time something specifically targeted Michi, the many eyed thing in the gym equipment shed attacked Michi but didn't ambush Honami when she came in, it was just gone for some reason.

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

I really hope Aizawa-san is at least considered for an anime at some point. It's got all the horror elements I was really interested in from Mieruko-chan without the obsessive groping I couldn't sit through, plus a mystery I'm actually invested in. Also, canon lesbians everywhere.

joined Apr 2, 2023

I'm really enjoying how things are tying together nicely with some of the elements that seemed like atmospheric stuff easily handwaved early on due to the lighter tone back then. Now that the tone is getting darker its feeling like some earned payoff looking back. Love when that happens.

joined Apr 10, 2023

Rereading the series, I noticed another specific moment of Aizawa having more eyes: chapter 12, page 26, when Michi tries to talk to Aizawa.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_see_you_aizawa_san_ch12#26
The warped image of Aizawa looks generally just warped/distorted at first, but there's two specific things that stick out to me:
1) there's faint doubled lines clearly visible on her shirt and hair, as if there's a second Aizawa transparently imposed on top the first or she's doubled in some way, and
2) Aizawa's eyes are separated from her body in a way none of the rest of her is altered, pulled off to the sides and largely intact, and her eye sockets don't appear to just be blurred or empty: they're mostly filled in with a medium tone, but still with visible whites. Those are a different pair of eyes, ones with very different irises to Aizawa's normal ones.

The extra eyes are also visible in the newest chapter, ones clearly different from Aizawa's normal eyes, on page 26 (same page number, coincidence!? .... Probably lol).
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_see_you_aizawa_san_ch16#26
So it really feels to me like somehow Aizawa even as a ghost is possessed by something, or maybe she's possessing something else and that's how she sticks around.

last edited at Feb 16, 2024 6:12AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I love how this whole manga is terrifying and sad. Such an intriguing story, and I just want to know what's going on and I want everyone to have a happy ending.

Untitled4_20220617084819
joined May 12, 2022

oh no??!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Considering Shinto rules, Aizawa beginning to despair could very well make her highly dangerous. I don't see why Michi would have put up some safeguard that would hurt herself if Aizawa would see her notice her. Going by how shy Michi is in the photograph vs how normal she was in the old flashback it's possible that she carried ghost trauma before even meeting Aizawa.

Michi having ghost trauma is one of the first things about her past we learn, remember the flashback of her attempting to help a little girl, only to realize the girl is a ghost missing its eyes?

That's what I meant by the old flashback

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This series is fascinating and the author is knocking out of the park for her first serialization.

Eur0jw7vkayzh-6-picsay
joined Aug 23, 2018

Man, I really love this series. The last time I was this excited with a yuri manga was when Still Sick was still ongoing lol.
I love how quirky the characters are, none of them are plain or bland, even Kasumi who is described as normal has a certain charm to her~ It does help that her gf is a complete dork Kaoru Seta style. Their relationship reminds me of the couples Arata Iri writes in her works, comedic yet charming. Can't wait to see more.

C4u8pkcuoaauccv
joined Oct 31, 2018

i'm not sure I 100% follow what's going on but nice, I think

Fo6gewav_400x400
joined Feb 1, 2020

Idk what I just read, but yay they're doing the gay

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

Please
I need them to be happy

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Funny how last chapter it felt like we were running straight into the end game but now it seems like were back to slowly walking towards it.

And boy, whatever is inside Ange is seriously fucked up.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Saved just in time.

Things are really getting interesting now...

Maria_icon_small
joined Sep 29, 2013

Am I completely misreading these signs or is it implying that Ange is responsible for Aizawa's death?
(Also, yay for non-proxied kiss)

To reply you must either login or sign up.