Forum › I See You, Aizawa-san! discussion

joined Apr 10, 2023

I'm proud of Michi for standing her ground and not giving the Honami bracelet to Honda. Go make your own!
Looking forward to Michi now considering the fact that her ghost friend kissed her on the mouth using someone else's mouth (and almost did it twice). Considering how uncomfortable Aizawa looked during that whole sequence despite kissing Michi supposedly being her desire, it feels like perhaps there's some cursed hidden edge to that kiss, and certainly that possession. She's got uncontrollable urges and they can activate even when she's actively trying to stop it. It's kinda like when a hypnotized character in a story is in control of themselves until they hear the activation phrase and then watch in horror as their body acts against their will.
Also lol perfect image for the credits, Blamey

last edited at Jan 23, 2024 6:58PM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Gay Ghost indeed. Aizawa only becomes a poltergeist when she's experiencing strong emotions. It looked like Aizawa was running away, when she got sucked into Kasumi. During the entire day, she was touching Micchi more and more. It looks like a mutual thing between them. Aizawa needs to be in her feelings to touch, and Micchi has to be open to it.

Aizawa saw Micchi getting closer to Kasumi, freaked out, and suddenly, her wish to be closer manifested into an unintended possession. She was so desperate to get her feelings across, Gay Ghost shenanigans.

joined Apr 10, 2023

Another possibility is that Kasumi, having been possessed once, was given some sort of charm or protection, or some sort of trap, or some lasting damage from the first possession. Aizawa gasps when her fingers sink into Kasumi's arms and then tries to flee, only to get sucked in in what looks a very unpleasant manner. When she's forced out as she's about to kiss Michi, Kasumi chokes and seems to be vomiting but otherwise stayed awake, which definitely did not happen last time: Aizawa came out and Kasumi fell asleep briefly before waking up as herself last time.
Edit: Aizawa's mood also could have massively changed things, since this time she was motivated by a negative feeling directed at the person she possessed, whereas last time she was motivated by a pure desire to help an injured Michi. This seems to be especially likely to influence the more violent effect the possession had on poor Kasumi.

last edited at Jan 24, 2024 3:55AM

joined Oct 2, 2021

Kasumi likes the taste of Michis tonsils.

Since Aizawas first possession of Kasumi, the after effects of it seem like Kasumi is having more than best friend feelings for Michi.
I'm digging it.
Sayaka sempai won't be though.
Hang in there Michi and you might wanna take up Kung Fu. Or get yourself a gun

last edited at Jan 24, 2024 6:52AM

joined Mar 11, 2020

Hang in there Michi and you might wanna take up Kung Fu. Or get yourself a gun

unfortunately, being Japan, your options for self-defense are limited

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Aizawa spinning around... :D

And Michi finally gets the truth about the kiss.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

less gooo the kasumichi ship hasn´t sunk yet, we´re so back baby

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Aizawa-san has been nominated for 2024's Manga You'd Like To See Animated Ranking.
You only need to check the series (42 for Aizawa), fill in your name, email address, check the little box, then submit your vote.

Only one vote per person. It's not like the winners are guaranteed an anime, but it shows interest. And with how long anime spend in production it doesn't matter much that Aizawa's only on its 3rd volume now.

For full disclosure, here are all the yuri nominations you might be inclined to vote for.
12: Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii
13: The Summer You Were There
17: The Fed Up Office Lady Wants to Serve the Villainess
29: Takane-san and Arashi-chan
42: I See You, Aizawa-san
48: Can't Defy the Lonely Girl

joined Apr 10, 2023

I can't imagine most of those besides Aizawa working as an anime tbh, or at least as an anime I'd want to watch. "Can't Defy the Lonely Girl" would probably be a modest success but from experience I know I have zero patience for low key school girls in a realistic setting lol. Even "Stardust Telepathy," with it's aliens and UFO and psychic powers, felt super slow and boring to me in anime form. And "Fed Up Office Lady" is a good manga but damn we really don't need more isekai anime.
Aizawa meanwhile is a very dynamic series and has excellent physical comedy and drama, the "vomic" of chapter one they put out was really good. Just as long as they don't give it to Passione like the abysmal Mieruko-chan anime adaptation, don't let them ruin another comedy horror yuri by being gross with it lol
Edit: or "LIDENFILMS, Felix Film" (dunno which deserves more credit here) since they ruined Otherside Picnic in the adaptation. What is it with the anime industry and ruining horror yuri, come to think of it. I know horror in general is really iffy in anime form but jeez...

last edited at Feb 2, 2024 11:18AM

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

I'll write up what I think is happening in chapter 16, since it's fairly confusing. The manga doesn't expect you to know all this yet, so if you're confused that's perfectly fine. But there's been enough hints that some very reasonable guesses can be made. This is a dense manga and I think on a re-read you'll notice many details that bring this all together.

An abridged(lol) speculative summary of the story so far:

Aizawa and Michi met and became best friends during her brief time at school. Aizawa was busy as an idol but also sick with what might have been a curse. She likely met Michi through her investigating this curse, which would allow most of their meetings to happen outside school. This is important because practically no one has seen them together.

Michi was a fledgling exorcist and connected with Karasuma. Something happened at the Obon festival 2~3 months ago, where she took Aizawa, and Aizawa died a few days after. This is one of the hardest periods to guess now, but Michi seems to have drawn up the marks around school to bind Aizawa's spirit, establish a barrier that kept powerful ghosts out, and then lost her memories. It's important to note she was trying to protect Aizawa from something, and it's debatable whether losing her memories was a result of the binding or part of the same curse that killed Aizawa.

There is also something preventing Michi from acknowledging Aizawa. If she tries to speak to her, reality breaks down, Michi suffers physically, and her memories are erased again. (However this could be a safeguard of Michi's creation, which I'll get to later.) There is also a younger version of Michi who appears when she's unconscious and protects her/Aizawa. Young Michi seems to be some kind of independent guard system possibly embodying Michi's unused/sealed exorcist powers. But whatever power she was given is finite and running out.

Now that her powers are fading, the marks around school are also disappearing, including the one binding Aizawa to Michi. This could potentially limit her to the classroom again, where the original mark was. But the barrier is also broken, allowing stronger and more dangerous ghosts through. The ghost haunting De:Lphinus seems connected to Aizawa, since it reacts to her being forgotten and Non thought its voice sounded like Aizawa. It's currently possessing Ange to reach Aizawa.

As a lingering spirit, Aizawa has an unfulfilled desire trapping her in the world of the living. Hers is to be an immortal idol, never forgotten. Being forgotten triggers an extreme response, and she struggles to control her emotions. In chapter 15 she unconsciously possessed Kasumi after Michi called her her best friend, likely because Aizawa was Michi's best friend before. In chapter 16 Michi denies ever knowing Aizawa, causing her to become grotesquely misshapen, her features dissolving away.

While this frightens Michi out of her mind, I don't think she was in any danger. Rather, Aizawa was truly dying here. Being forgotten by the person she cares about most was too much for her spirit to survive. Different to what happened in chapter 12, this started with Michi denying knowing her, not when she acknowledged her. If it weren't for Young Michi Aizawa might have slipped away into nothingness.

Which brings me back to Michi being unable to speak to Aizawa: if Michi knew this could happen, her being unable to acknowledge Aizawa might be a rough safeguard to prevent Aizawa from finding out she'd been forgotten. Michi didn't seem to have a plan beyond keeping the status quo as long as possible.

Sayaka is another spiritualist at school with no connection to Michi. She has no idea what Michi and Aizawa have been through, but recognizes Aizawa is a ghost and that Michi made the marks binding her. It's purely speculation, but my guess is she plays dumb when it comes to ghosts to treat them like normal living people. This would prevent cases like Aizawa from being shocked into formlessness or worse. I think she's still not the brightest though.

It's also worth mentioning Aizawa seems to remember everything from the start, unlike Michi. She also likely knows Michi can see her, or at least does after this chapter. Though I'm not sure if Sayaka is aware Michi can see ghosts.

The play at the start of the chapter is a blatant parallel to Michi and Aizawa's situation. Aizawa came back out of a desire to be remembered. If Michi fails to remember her, terrible things happen.

Karasuma is a professional exorcist who perhaps took Michi under her wing. She knows the whole situation with Aizawa and recognizes her as a unique and potentially very dangerous ghost. Her visit in chapter 13 likely came after learning that Aizawa was causing harm and on her way to turning wrong. But she admits there's still hope for something better with Aizawa, which all depends on Michi's influence and protection. The end of the KogaFes arc will be Michi's big test on whether she can protect Aizawa, both from herself and predatory ghosts.

But all this pales in comparison to the revelation Seta indeed has 2 moms.

last edited at Feb 13, 2024 8:34PM

pandapandapanda666
joined Nov 14, 2022

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

The true revelation this chapter. Let's hope all this ghost business wraps up quickly so we can turn our attention to what's really important.

But seriously, damn, what a chapter.

last edited at Feb 13, 2024 10:19PM

Animesher.com_love-live-icons-icon-kotori-minami-1634845
joined Nov 29, 2023

The plot thickens (even more)

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Even as a formless force of fear, she's still the cutest idol in the world

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Holy shit. This ride just took a turn.

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

What the hell just happened

joined Oct 19, 2022

I'm thoroughly confused. Why did Honami turn into an ectoplasm monster?

joined Aug 1, 2022

I really feel like Seta's two moms gave me a false sense if security and joy before the horrors came.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'll write up what I think is happening in chapter 16, since it's fairly confusing. The manga doesn't expect you to know all this yet, so if you're confused that's perfectly fine. But there's been enough hints that some very reasonable guesses can be made. This is a dense manga and I think on a re-read you'll notice many details that bring this all together.

Aizawa and Michi met and became best friends during her brief time at school. Aizawa was busy as an idol but also sick with what might have been a curse. She likely met Michi through her investigating this curse, which would allow most of their meetings to happen outside school. This is important because practically no one has seen them together.

Michi was a fledgling exorcist and connected with Karasuma. Something happened at the Obon festival 2~3 months ago, where she took Aizawa, and Aizawa died a few days after. This is one of the hardest periods to guess now, but Michi seems to have drawn up the marks around school to bind Aizawa's spirit, establish a barrier that kept powerful ghosts out, and then lost her memories. It's important to note she was trying to protect Aizawa from something, and it's debatable whether losing her memories was a result of the binding or part of the same curse that killed Aizawa.

There is also something preventing Michi from acknowledging Aizawa. If she tries to speak to her, reality breaks down, Michi suffers physically, and her memories are erased again. (However this could be a safeguard of Michi's creation, which I'll get to later.) There is also a younger version of Michi who appears when she's unconscious and protects her/Aizawa. Young Michi seems to be some kind of independent guard system possibly embodying Michi's unused/sealed exorcist powers. But whatever power she was given is finite and running out.

Now that her powers are fading, the marks around school are also disappearing, including the one binding Aizawa to Michi. This could potentially limit her to the classroom again, where the original mark was. But the barrier is also broken, allowing stronger and more dangerous ghosts through. The ghost haunting De:Lphinus seems connected to Aizawa, since it reacts to her being forgotten and Non thought its voice sounded like Aizawa. It's currently possessing Ange to reach Aizawa.

As a lingering spirit, Aizawa has an unfulfilled desire trapping her in the world of the living. Hers is to be an immortal idol, never forgotten. Being forgotten triggers an extreme response, and she struggles to control her emotions. In chapter 15 she unconsciously possessed Kasumi after Michi called her her best friend, likely because Aizawa was Michi's best friend before. In chapter 16 Michi denies ever knowing Aizawa, causing her to become grotesquely misshapen, her features dissolving away.

While this frightens Michi out of her mind, I don't think she was in any danger. Rather, Aizawa was truly dying here. Being forgotten by the person she cares about most was too much for her spirit to survive. Different to what happened in chapter 12, this started with Michi denying knowing her, not when she acknowledged her. If it weren't for Young Michi Aizawa might have slipped away into nothingness.

Which brings me back to Michi being unable to speak to Aizawa: if Michi knew this could happen, her being unable to acknowledge Aizawa might be a rough safeguard to prevent Aizawa from finding out she'd been forgotten. Michi didn't seem to have a plan beyond keeping the status quo as long as possible.

Sayaka is another spiritualist at school with no connection to Michi. She has no idea what Michi and Aizawa have been through, but recognizes Aizawa is a ghost and that Michi made the marks binding her. It's purely speculation, but my guess is she plays dumb when it comes to ghosts to treat them like normal living people. This would prevent cases like Aizawa from being shocked into formlessness or worse. I think she's still not the brightest though.

It's also worth mentioning Aizawa seems to remember everything from the start, unlike Michi. She also likely knows Michi can see her, or at least does after this chapter. Though I'm not sure if Sayaka is aware Michi can see ghosts.

The play at the start of the chapter is a blatant parallel to Michi and Aizawa's situation. Aizawa came back out of a desire to be remembered. If Michi fails to remember her, terrible things happen.

Karasuma is a professional exorcist who perhaps took Michi under her wing. She knows the whole situation with Aizawa and recognizes her as a unique and potentially very dangerous ghost. Her visit in chapter 13 likely came after learning that Aizawa was causing harm and on her way to turning wrong. But she admits there's still hope for something better with Aizawa, which all depends on Michi's influence and protection. The end of the KogaFes arc will be Michi's big test on whether she can protect Aizawa, both from herself and predatory ghosts.

Considering Shinto rules, Aizawa beginning to despair could very well make her highly dangerous. I don't see why Michi would have put up some safeguard that would hurt herself if Aizawa would see her notice her. Going by how shy Michi is in the photograph vs how normal she was in the old flashback it's possible that she carried ghost trauma before even meeting Aizawa.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm thoroughly confused. Why did Honami turn into an ectoplasm monster?

Because mc denied ever knowing her

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

thanks for the summary id kind of forgotten all of this

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Aizawa-san has been nominated for 2024's Manga You'd Like To See Animated Ranking.
You only need to check the series (42 for Aizawa), fill in your name, email address, check the little box, then submit your vote.

Only one vote per person. It's not like the winners are guaranteed an anime, but it shows interest. And with how long anime spend in production it doesn't matter much that Aizawa's only on its 3rd volume now.

For full disclosure, here are all the yuri nominations you might be inclined to vote for.
12: Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii
13: The Summer You Were There
17: The Fed Up Office Lady Wants to Serve the Villainess
29: Takane-san and Arashi-chan
42: I See You, Aizawa-san
48: Can't Defy the Lonely Girl

Kitanai kimi ga...animated? if it's properly animated, with the ending, I am sold!!!!
that is number 12 xD

last edited at Feb 14, 2024 12:03PM

Watanabe-_
joined Jun 10, 2023

This chapter oh my god oh my goooooood. Childhood friend amnesia(?) is an odd twist that I'm willing to ride along with. And whatever is going on with young Michi and the previously sealed idol. But my big deal is when she finally looks at Aizawa I'm ;0; I wish they lingered just a little longer on Michi's reaction, it's so heartbreaking. She's just so scared- she finally acknowledged a ghost out of concern for Aizawa and it seemed to prove all her fears right I'm dying here I'm deeeeead OTL

joined May 24, 2019

So... Ange is the villain? Mayhaps the one who murdered Aizawa?
Wow, I would never had guessed.

Oh, I'm totes voting for it. The other yuri series all have good points, but they don't hold a candle to Aizawa-san.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Twist upon unexpected twist again, from Aizawa dissolving to the mark's origin to Michi's protector turning out to be (a part of) Michi herself...

To reply you must either login or sign up.