Forum › Would you like to eat bread at my home at the end of the world? discussion

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

When I saw the title my mind immediately went to "Restaurant At The End Of The World" as per Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

A little strange with the alien element but definitely adorable haha

joined Jan 11, 2019

This 100% feels like a chapter one, not a oneshot. Just because of the alien part

last edited at Jan 27, 2024 8:06PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

You spend the whole thing waiting for a big twist, then it ends up not really mattering

joined Sep 27, 2017

You spend the whole thing waiting for a big twist, then it ends up not really mattering

It'll matter once they get to the levitation sex

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

This 100% feels like a chapter one, not a oneshot. Just because of the alien part

It does have that air of a series pilot chapter doesn't it? I sure hope it gets a continuation.

joined Apr 20, 2022

That was a really cute one-shot. Hopefully it will become an actual series.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Also, I just ate but now I want some bruschetta. damn you paderapollo

last edited at Jan 27, 2024 8:46PM

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

So basically She Loves to Cook, and She Loves to Eat, but moe and also with aliens? I'm sold.

Also, agreed that this feels very much like a pilot chapter. The official raw has a link to a survey at the end, where you can give your impressions. I don't know how much weight the publisher would give to responses from outside of Japan, but it probably wouldn't hurt at least.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Somehow I got irked by the first textbox alone. There is nothing illogical about humans living together. "Humans have everything they need to live alone"... except they can't reproduce asexually, and on top of that younglings can't fend for themselves for ~15 years, so from an evolutionary perspective, of course humans are biologically inclined to form associations with other humans. It would be illogical if they didn't. And this doesn't even begin to touch on the benefits cooperation has for survival. Our social nature is the very thing that allowed us to achieve world domination. You're telling me an alien capable of space travel couldn't reason this out themselves? I guess even alien schools suffer from budgetary deficits if this is the extent of their education.

This has been your regular unnecessary overanalysis of a throwaway line that doesn't actually matter in any way to a cute comic about bread. Until next time.

last edited at Jan 27, 2024 9:33PM

joined Sep 27, 2017

Somehow I got irked by the first textbox alone. There is nothing illogical about humans living together. "Humans have everything they need to live alone"... except they can't reproduce asexually, and on top of that younglings can't fend for themselves for ~15 years, so from an evolutionary perspective, of course humans are biologically inclined to form associations with other humans. It would be illogical if they didn't. And this doesn't even begin to touch on the benefits cooperation has for survival. Our social nature is the very thing that allowed us to achieve world domination. You're telling me an alien capable of space travel couldn't reason this out themselves? I guess even alien schools suffer from budgetary deficits if this is the extent of their education.

This has been your regular unnecessary overanalysis of a throwaway line that doesn't actually matter in any way to a cute comic about bread. Until next time.

Sounds like you need some warm and fresh out of the oven bread lmao

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Autistic protagonist + yuri + doomsday references = automatic fave.

I figured out my own formula a long time ago.

And yes I have read Qualia the Purple.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Simple, somewhat cheesy art style, not that its a bad thing.

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

Well, the title is atleast right. In these the waining days of Babylon (bonus points if you know who said that), not much to do aside from make bread, be gay, and watch the world burn down around you slowly.

Tamo%20eat%20rice%2023
joined Oct 16, 2021

Lesbians cooking stuff during the end of the world? Nice, that's just my kind of vibe. Also, bonus points if you make some Kaslana Pizza Toast

last edited at Jan 29, 2024 1:52AM

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

oh I forgot the fantasy and alien tags

That moment at the end took me by surprise

joined Oct 21, 2013

Nonagi is so lucky that not only is Ootsuka reciprocating, she's also already horny.

last edited at Jan 28, 2024 3:32AM

joined Jan 24, 2022

Unintentional rizz

joined Nov 5, 2023

Pls tell me this is a joke and it's not a one shot, i want to know what happen next !

joined May 29, 2021

joined Apr 10, 2021

They are completely correct about how stupid that line was.

And still might need fresh bread, though

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

This story taught me that you need at least two people to bread

last edited at Jan 28, 2024 9:23AM

joined Sep 27, 2017

They are completely correct about how stupid that line was.

And still might need fresh bread, though

I never commented on the correctness of their comment, only that it sounds like they need something to heal their troubled state of mind lmao

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

We can eat bread!! While they overanalyze!! At the end of the world!!

Screenshot_20231227-213544_tumblr
joined Dec 27, 2023

Pro tip don't actually cut bread fresh out of the oven, wait for it to cool! Hot bread is still a little, how would you say it, gooey? so the texture isn't the fluffy one we all know and love and eating it isn't as pleasant an experience

To reply you must either login or sign up.