Forum › Unaware His Majesty Is a Girl discussion

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So, that erotic scroll . . . I couldn't help noticing that it's yuri. Yeah, the general knows.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Tan Tailan is based. Can we get a spin-off about her instead?

Yesssssss. Also very handsome. I am in favor.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Not that I'm against yuri, but wouldn't the correct course of action for a woman pretending to be an emperor be to marry a man pretending to be empress. That's the only comment of that kind I'm going to make, we'll carry on with the story as it so wonderfully is :)

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

She definitely has the aesthetics and personality I like. Definitely need more Tan Tailan. And she needs to get her own girlfriend too.

joined Jul 29, 2021

This is the third yuri manhua involving a crossdressing female emperor that I know of. I wonder if there are any more of them.

What are the others?

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

What are the others?

Fall In Love With The Empress is another one, I don't know what the other one that's referenced would be.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

She definitely has the aesthetics and personality I like. Definitely need more Tan Tailan. And she needs to get her own girlfriend too.

Well, that was fast. :D Just one chapter of her introduction, Tan is already putting moves on the Empress' chaperone... and it's working, by all appearances.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

So, why was Ming Wei there ? Looks like those two are plenty ready to keep an eye on each other.

Love it, two couple's worth of comedy to look forward to, plus the shenanigans between Qi Nian / Tan Tailan and Yu Dingdang / Ming Wei.

My guess is that "FINE, I'll marry somebody, now stop bothering me about it!" was the entire extent of the plan.

She didn't even think of how to get through the first night, and had to improvise. I wonder how long that girl will manage to keep her crafty empress in the dark.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

What are the others?

Fall In Love With The Empress is another one, I don't know what the other one that's referenced would be.

I know of Female General and Eldest Princess although it is the general who is cross-dressing here (also has a dynasty tag). Else I only know of (het) otome games with that premise.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Holy shit, Tan Tailan is smooth af. Got my heart racing!

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

We were right about Tan Tailan. Better scrap the main couple, they're not nearly as entertaining. Or else they'll have to step up their game.
Okay, Yu Dingdang has a certain cheekiness of her own, but there just isn't much chemistry there (I know, I know. It's not there yet )

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

World speedrun record, I think. General wastes no time.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

World speedrun record, I think. General wastes no time.

Clearly, this is all a part of the general's cunning strategy: By staying as a secondary character, they aren't bound by the Romcom Conventions and, consequently, they can make progress on their relationship and actually get the girl before chapter 600, at a minimum.

last edited at Dec 8, 2023 2:45PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Very nice! :D

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I dunno. I feel like Tan Tailan + Ming Wei is getting extra kudos precisely because they're the secondary characters and a lot of people just have a preference for that, and maybe also because people like it when the "masculine" half of the pair is the one taking the initiative.

But for my part, I am coming to really quite like Yu Dingdang--totally girly, but cheerful, self-confident and very much willing to take the initiative. She cares about the rules no more than the general does. Plus that thing with the scroll copying was clever and cheeky.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I dunno. I feel like Tan Tailan + Ming Wei is getting extra kudos precisely because they're the secondary characters and a lot of people just have a preference for that, and maybe also because people like it when the "masculine" half of the pair is the one taking the initiative.

I think they're getting extra kudos because the latest chapter was about them and Competent Girl Hot. Don't read too much into it. ┐⁠(⁠ ̄⁠ヘ⁠ ̄⁠)⁠┌

But for my part, I am coming to really quite like Yu Dingdang--totally girly, but cheerful, self-confident and very much willing to take the initiative. She cares about the rules no more than the general does. Plus that thing with the scroll copying was clever and cheeky.

That's what I said too. Flagrantly skirting the "rules" should be the prerogative of an empress.

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

What are the others?

I know of Female General and Eldest Princess although it is the general who is cross-dressing here (also has a dynasty tag). Else I only know of (het) otome games with that premise.

The other one I spoke of is 贵妃今天也要以身饲敌 (Today the Imperial Concubine Is Also Using Herself to Raise the Enemy.) Though in this one, the main characters is not the crossdressing emperor, but two concubines in her harem.
https://manga.bilibili.com/detail/mc32928

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Just wanted to make a small correction: The general's surname is Tantai, which is one of those relatively uncommon "double-character surnames" in China. I've corrected the previous chapters!

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Yu Dingdang doesn't bat an eye that they're both girls in that scroll, huh? Is this going to be one of those things where it turns out she knew all along that her "husband" is a woman?

last edited at Dec 10, 2023 9:16AM

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

i was gonna say "yu dingdang more like yu dingdong" but the girl is way more savvy than the blurb lets on

joined May 10, 2021

Just get it on with your wife you dummy.
You've seen how unfazed she was by the yuri scroll damnit!
Thanks for the chapter!

Cut%20out%20avater
joined May 25, 2023

Yu Dingdang doesn't bat an eye that they're both girls in that scroll, huh? Is this going to be one of those things where it turns out she knew all along that her husband is a woman?

I know it aint gonna happen, but it would be funny, if for some wierd reason she knows about trans guys and just assumed that from the get go. Or she gets a girl to do the naughty with infront of her.
But I'm gonna be happy with anything, cause its very fun so far

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Very cute. ^_^

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Yu Dingdang doesn't bat an eye that they're both girls in that scroll, huh? Is this going to be one of those things where it turns out she knew all along that her "husband" is a woman?

And takes it as a sign to immediately pounce. Methinks the title is a deception.

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

i was gonna say "yu dingdang more like yu dingdong" but the girl is way more savvy than the blurb lets on

My friend and I were slandering her and then this came out and we were like "oh wait a second" lmao

To reply you must either login or sign up.