Forum › How to Break a Triangle discussion

Fjavttcwyaqbvef
joined Feb 3, 2023

Dating a middle schooler and moving in together... This is kinda super weird, Koto. I'm surprised the manga went with just "I changed!" and didn't even brush on the obvious age-gap issue.

joined Jul 26, 2019

All that is an assumption. We don't know anything about Koto yet. Is she traumatized or simply moved on. It's not clear yet.

*Chapters demonstrating Koto being devastated after Aya’s disappearance and Erika suggesting she hasn’t been the same.
*You (in the same breath): “Why is everyone saying Koto has trauma!? Sure she got fucked up by what happened…”

Also this ain’t a competition on who’s the protagonist lol.

Who says it's competition. My point is that the one we know the most about is Aya. We mostly see things from her point of view and she's the only one who has some of her past revealed to some extent. Unlike Koto and Erika, who are a total mystery and we know very little about, we know much more about Aya. That's what the story is primarily about. Which is interesting, because some people thought Aya would just be a plot device to get Koto and Erika together, but so far it has been nothing like that. If anything, Koto and Erika are the plot devices to explore Aya's feelings.

And just so you know but I've read up to chapter 7 too.

You keep on saying that “nothing has been revealed” about Koto and Erika despite a ton of things being indirectly revealed. If you’ve read up to chapter 7 but can’t pick up on any of it then maybe you’re not very good at reading in-between the lines. As for their respective pasts, sometimes they come from happy families and it’s not relevant (as has been suggested for Erika). Just because there was a glimpse of Aya’s mom leaving her doesn’t mean a ton about Aya’s own past has been revealed. And sure we “know” the most about Aya because the story is told from her perspective and she doesn’t have a 7 year blank page to fill in, but that’s obvious. Not sure why that’s relevant to discussions of other characters and a need from you to clarify who the “protagonist” is.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Oh my god, they were a polycule and didn't know it all along...

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

That definitely isn't the script she wrote for the play (and I think people are reading too much into both the play's name and Koto's hesitance to meet back up with her).

People here, he-he...
The thoughts about the play's name and Koto's hesitance were very helpful thoughts for figuring out about the role of Koto's writing with Aya's disappearance.
We all are still in phase of theories, connecting dots and hints from manga not knowing yet exactly what is happening.
Every thought is welcome, it could lead us to the right direction (right conclusions).
Your idea about the access to the "behind the scenes" of reality is also very interesting.

Anyway, the guess about Koto's writing connected with Aya's disappearance was good guess, so the initial thought what you mentioned as reading too much into, has helped a lot. It was the closest call for what is happening in this chapter

Definitely in this chapter we can see some prophetic ability of Koto, coming through her writings.
So, she really did write something what changed the destiny or can predict the future.
Was it the script for the play or something else, we'll see...
The only question is how much darkness the characters are keeping inside...
They all are keeping from each other something hidden.

Here are so many great minds with very inspiring thoughts on this forum.
It's really enjoyable to read the comments and see how people are moving together with the story.
Everyone is having very interesting ideas, however the story will go.

last edited at Oct 25, 2023 6:00PM

20220118_154303
joined Feb 15, 2021

i read this once the first chapter appeared in the recents page. honestly, i never read a yuri like this. im really interested to see what it will end up being.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Koto, you devil, casually flirting up two girls like that.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Four chapters in and I'm still waiting for the titular "Triangle" to come into play..

Houston we have a blush

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Erika my cute bb, my precious cinnamon roll

277518907_284798580472730_8969942845314652470_n
joined Sep 19, 2021

I'm wanting this to end up with all 3 together

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

I bet Erika did wish for Aya to disappear back then, she must have felt guilty for so long, that's why she's "truly glad" and that "it's fair now". And no, I don't think any one of them have any supernatural abilities. I would also bet that the script shown at the end was written by Koto from the future (future from this chapter) who was placed back to the past and wrote and left it for her midschooler self to discover. That script would've
been their story that had already happened.

Edit:
Or another one, a future Koto from a different timeline could've done something to stop a timeline where midschooler Aya never fell for her all while never revealing herself to them, and all the things that have happened thus far didn't originally happen in her own timeline. This one doesn't explain the script that shows the things that have already happened, but the repeated reference to Aya's no response to Koto's first confession is sus. When exactly did Aya fell for her? It doesn't seem like she really did before she was whisked away into the future.

If Aya can be sent to the future, Koto can be to the past as well. The question then would be which happened first: past Aya going to the future,or future future Koto going to the past past? This is still similar to my post in page 3.

last edited at Oct 26, 2023 1:56AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I think people are reading too literally into the script part. I see it as a metaphorical representation of Koto's mindset. As an adult she's more aware of Aya's personality and has gained the social skills over the past 7 years to accurately predict how Aya will react to things Koto does. It's kinda similar to when Erika just sees Aya as a small child now instead of someone unreachable back when they were the same age. So it's more a visual representation about how Koto as an adult now has the abilities to manipulate Aya to how she wants their relationship to be.

joined Sep 6, 2023

Now that Aya and Koto will be moving in together I can imagine Koto (and probably Aya too) realizing just how much of a disparity there may be between them in terms of interests, likes, dislikes, etc because of their age gap (which was already hinted with the coffee scene) during their daily interactions.

As someone who can’t read Japanese, I’m assuming this could be potentially an angsty route because they might not find much in common other than shared experiences in the past (that Koto may not be all that interested in anymore, or worse, find the past painful to talk about - like perhaps the play/script/drama club). I can see this going down a path where Koto finds out she doesn’t like Aya romantically anymore if she’s constantly reminded through every day things that Aya is still just a child. Actually, I think this might even lead to an inverse relationship - where Aya starts visibly liking Koto more compared to their younger counterparts/in the past whereas Koto’s more aloof. Or maybe that’s just Aya latching onto something familiar to find comfort/solace (or just not wanting to be abandoned anymore like with her Mother(?)) and Koto protecting herself by being aloof still ends up loving Aya just the same regardless of their lack of shared interests.

I’m leaning more towards a metaphor at the end with Koto and the script but it’d be interesting if it was actually more literal and Koto somehow had influence/supernatural powers over Aya through a script. Which could explain how she knew how Aya would respond (tho someone could also argue that Koto might’ve just known Aya that well to predict her responses). Though I’m thinking more along the lines of it being an old draft of the play’s script. That Koto was drafting the script with her and Aya’s names as a rough draft before submitting the final script with the actual play’s character names. As for why Aya responded similarly to the script, I think Aya remembers practicing the lines and figured that she could recite those same lines both as a way to perhaps connect with Koto, as well as finding it was relevant and appropriate for the moment.

Erika saying “I’m truly glad you know, Aya. With this, things are fair.” I wonder if she’s assuming Koto confessed to Aya/let her feelings be known to Aya and thus, she feels like now it’s fair to start properly pursuing Koto? Like she didn’t feel it was right to make a move on Koto because Koto has been affected by Aya’s disappearance, but now that Aya’s back, and Koto’s finally able to seemingly catch up and spend time with Aya and face the reality of whether she’s truly still in love with Aya, Erika can pursue her without the guilt of knowing that this time, if Koto shows even a sliver of reciprocation — she’ll know it’s not because Koto is just settling for her, but because Koto has already tried with Aya and realized perhaps the age difference/years missed is just too great to ignore. Though I think it’s a little funny considering Erika would be/is essentially competing against a 14 year old girl for a woman’s affections. If Erika ever did win against 14 yr old Aya for Koto, I wonder if she’d next start thinking that she’d only won BECAUSE Aya is only 14 lol. I’m hoping for another time skip just so Aya would be older and mature enough to even the playing field again.

Hopefully all that up there makes sense lmao

last edited at Oct 26, 2023 1:29PM

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

4 chapters in, please have a happy ending, the annnngst is killing me.

joined Dec 5, 2019

Ooooh, Erika did something, she feels guilty about Aya, maybe she made a wish for her to be gone or something

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

4 chapters in, please have a happy ending, the annnngst is killing me.

One slow death by angst, please

hnnnnnnnnnnng

joined Oct 24, 2023

All that is an assumption. We don't know anything about Koto yet. Is she traumatized or simply moved on. It's not clear yet.

*Chapters demonstrating Koto being devastated after Aya’s disappearance and Erika suggesting she hasn’t been the same.
*You (in the same breath): “Why is everyone saying Koto has trauma!? Sure she got fucked up by what happened…”

Also this ain’t a competition on who’s the protagonist lol.

Who says it's competition. My point is that the one we know the most about is Aya. We mostly see things from her point of view and she's the only one who has some of her past revealed to some extent. Unlike Koto and Erika, who are a total mystery and we know very little about, we know much more about Aya. That's what the story is primarily about. Which is interesting, because some people thought Aya would just be a plot device to get Koto and Erika together, but so far it has been nothing like that. If anything, Koto and Erika are the plot devices to explore Aya's feelings.

And just so you know but I've read up to chapter 7 too.

You keep on saying that “nothing has been revealed” about Koto and Erika despite a ton of things being indirectly revealed. If you’ve read up to chapter 7 but can’t pick up on any of it then maybe you’re not very good at reading in-between the lines. As for their respective pasts, sometimes they come from happy families and it’s not relevant (as has been suggested for Erika). Just because there was a glimpse of Aya’s mom leaving her doesn’t mean a ton about Aya’s own past has been revealed. And sure we “know” the most about Aya because the story is told from her perspective and she doesn’t have a 7 year blank page to fill in, but that’s obvious. Not sure why that’s relevant to discussions of other characters and a need from you to clarify who the “protagonist” is.

About koto.
I don't think abandonment trauma can explain all of her change. It's obvious a bigger trauma involved.
She knew aya would never leave her like that. She must assumed aya had been murdered seven years ago, knowing there's no possibility she could see her again. That's the reason she was so devastated back then. It's too cruel for anyone who has to suffer such a thing despite their age.

But still, her fucking a middle school girl's mind makes me really want to slap her.

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

God I love these fucked up stories so much

joined Jul 21, 2021

wow this is really fucked up. this borders on psychological horror for me. I'm hooked.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

After that last chapter I'm kinda feeling like Koto is gonna be a problem, and Erika and Aya ironically are going to end up with the best dynamic

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

Koto. You sneaky bitch. I see what you did there and I gotta say, I'm digging it.

joined May 9, 2017

Damn, the last chapter... Anyone here have read the latest released chapter? Or anyone knows where it is possible to discussed raw chapter? I'd be curious to know if there are some good Japanese Yuri forums.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Aikosaurus posted:

Damn, the last chapter... Anyone here have read the latest released chapter? Or anyone knows where it is possible to discussed raw chapter? I'd be curious to know if there are some good Japanese Yuri forums.

You better not post any spoilers here or you'll be forever cursed.

joined Oct 24, 2023

Yes, l have read the last chapter but please don't spoiler here. And as far as I know, there's no Japanese Yuri forums discussing this manga now (but they did have mentioned it several times). You can go to X to find some reviews about this chapter.

joined May 9, 2017

Yes, l have read the last chapter but please don't spoiler here. And as far as I know, there's no Japanese Yuri forums discussing this manga now (but they did have mentioned it several times). You can go to X to find some reviews about this chapter.

Yeah, I wouldn't spoil anything without blacking it out in the first place.

I don't care much about reviews, I'm more interested into discussing it, but thanks, it'll take a look at Twitter (still can't say X ...).

joined May 11, 2023

Yeah, I wouldn't spoil anything without blacking it out in the first place.

I don't care much about reviews, I'm more interested into discussing it, but thanks, it'll take a look at Twitter (still can't say X ...).

I mean I wouldn’t mind some spoilers.

To reply you must either login or sign up.