Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

Pfp%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2022

God damn Ruriko you cheeky bastard XD

This was good, kinda anticlimatic tho ngl. I guess I was expecting something a little more dramatic, but I don't really mind the sudden de-escalation. I prefer it WAY more than things getting dragged out to no end like Kase-san.

Also the last panel made me laugh hahah

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

This chapter is clearly meant to be sweet and all, but I just can't link her explanation to her slap, I can only make sense of it by concluding that it's a rationalisation

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

God damn Ruriko you cheeky bastard XD

This was good, kinda anticlimatic tho ngl. I guess I was expecting something a little more dramatic, but I don't really mind the sudden de-escalation. I prefer it WAY more than things getting dragged out to no end like Kase-san.

Also the last panel made me laugh hahah

It makes sense in Kase San since it's a story about how each of them are really insecure in their position

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

it's a good summer............. our dumbasses finally mutually confessed

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I can read this chapter ten times and not get tired of it

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

"I'm afraid that if I ask for more from our relationship you'll end up unhappy or resentful of me."

"But I'm sure I can slap the shit out of you and that won't make you in the least unhappy or resentful of me."

As I already pointed out, they were both wrong in that situation, and they've both apologized for it.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

This chapter is clearly meant to be sweet and all, but I just can't link her explanation to her slap, I can only make sense of it by concluding that it's a rationalisation

The slap was a panicked reaction to having a drunk person violate her personal intimate space. The discussion here is more about why she's been weird about the whole situation after the fact.

joined Mar 18, 2023

"I'm afraid that if I ask for more from our relationship you'll end up unhappy or resentful of me."

"But I'm sure I can slap the shit out of you and that won't make you in the least unhappy or resentful of me."

As I already pointed out, they were both wrong in that situation, and they've both apologized for it.

yet i still wonder, what good is an empty apology?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OK, I guess I’ll bite:

What is “empty” about her apology?

What would constitute an apology that was not “empty”?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The slap was a panicked reaction to having a drunk person violate her personal intimate space. The discussion here is more about why she's been weird about the whole situation after the fact.

It's not just some drunk violating your personal space, it's your crush kissing you while an intimate mood has been built up

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

It's not just some drunk violating your personal space, it's your crush kissing you while an intimate mood has been built up

Doesn't matter. It was unexpected, shocked her, she got scared in that split second, and she responded reflexively. She actually liked the kiss but had a flurry of complicated emotions. It was an uncharacteristic and confusing moment for both of them. Then they felt bad, they talked, quickly apologized and communicated. What else should they do, exactly? Being a crush doesn't mean that a sudden kiss can't be surprising or create anxiety from an already established to be anxious person.

They had a miscommunication. In this case it was a light incident between them and they both quickly met the problem head on by talking it through. It's not like either of them have shown any indication of this being normal behavior, either. I feel like the story did well to address what was a small correctable moment. Their second kiss was better for both of them. Now it's fine to move on. I'm genuinely surprised by a few of the reactions here but I guess we have one or two different opinions.

last edited at Aug 27, 2023 6:23PM

joined Mar 18, 2023

OK, I guess I’ll bite:

i wonder why it is, that you always seem to need a clarification on some of the most basic concepts?

anyway, an empty apology is a meaningless expression of regret for wrongdoing, and in regards to chapter 30, its displayed in how the author has minimized the ill will of the victim of the wrongdoing, to the extent that the apology given rings hallow, instead it ends up feeling like some kind of a bad joke.

after all, the author set up this sham of a dramatic plot line by having a non-consensual kiss lead into surprise domestic violence, then payed said drama off by having the victim of domestic violence blackmail the victim of the non-consensual kiss into giving her a kiss on the cheek she slapped, in the name of calling things even.

and, i would love to say that this is the end since this is already bad enough, but for some reason the author is hell bent on making this manga the best comedy possible, as kurumi proceeds to once again steal a kiss from ruriko repeating the mistake that started the drama, and yet this time its seen as an acceptable act somehow?

tldr.

her apology feels “empty” as a result of the author making light of her wrongdoing.

serious reflection and genuine introspection.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

It is both of those things. Which is why it is both wrong and not that big a deal. Life has nuance.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OK, I guess I’ll bite:

i wonder why it is, that you always seem to need a clarification on some of the most basic concepts?

anyway, an empty apology is a meaningless expression of regret for wrongdoing, and in regards to chapter 30, its displayed in how the author has minimized the ill will of the victim of the wrongdoing, to the extent that the apology given rings hallow, instead it ends up feeling like some kind of a bad joke.

Thanks, now I get it—the apology “feels” that way to you. Like everyone, you certainly are welcome to your personal “feelings.”

joined Mar 18, 2023

OK, I guess I’ll bite:

Thanks, now I get it—the apology “feels” that way to you. Like everyone, you certainly are welcome to your personal “feelings.”

sigh.... first the stupid question, now the snarky attitude, huh? you never change, do you?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OK, I guess I’ll bite:

sigh.... first the stupid question, now the snarky attitude, huh? you never change, do you?

I didn’t ask you what an empty apology is—I already know that. I asked you why you thought this one was empty. I thought you might conceivably have some support for your argument besides that it subjectively “rings hollow” and “feels like a bad joke.” You have clarified that you do not.

%e5%be%ae%e4%bf%a1%e5%9b%be%e7%89%87_20230926175400
joined Feb 13, 2023

F.I.N.A.L.L.Y!!!

joined Mar 18, 2023

I didn’t ask you what an empty apology is—I already know that. I asked you why you thought this one was empty. I thought you might conceivably have some support for your argument besides that it subjectively “rings hollow” and “feels like a bad joke.” You have clarified that you do not.

okay. lets end this here.

the apology is all good, nothing is wrong with it.

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Not bad. But I also think that the reasoning for The Slap was a bit weak? But not complaining, was still cute.

joined Jun 19, 2023

How come this has a kissing scene while Crescent Moon and Doughnuts doesn't? Lol

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

How come this has a kissing scene while Crescent Moon and Doughnuts doesn't? Lol

Bc the characters in Crescent Moon and Doughnuts don't want to engage in physical closeness like that, is a p simple concept

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

pretty sure the characters in crescent moon are ace. i have actually been wondering if the endgame for these two would be a non-sexual relationship too.

it's possible to be extremely intimate without kissing and sex. that's how cm&d ended. their relationship is just as real as any other, it's just not sexual.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

legendary i love it i hope they kiss more into the future

Pfp2
joined Jan 11, 2022

How can she slap?!

Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

Ikr! Bored me silly

To reply you must either login or sign up.