Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Her hero ^_^ Poor Mitsuki, she's really been a trooper for a girl not used to socializing, no wonder her batteries were running low.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable. ^_^

Apparently, the pose on the final page is known as "Yuri Cosmic Symbol" 百合太極図

Yuri confirmed, then? :D

last edited at Aug 27, 2023 9:07AM

joined Sep 23, 2022

That's cute.
Now kiss

Yes

joined Jun 11, 2021

At first I liked a lot this title but I think that's more than enough tease already, I would to see real hints of mutual interest with yuri vibes coming from Koga, it feels stuck and too much one sided since several previous chapters, I hope this gets a really change in the narrative because it's getting boring and predictable.

definitely agree. i've felt that way for a while now, and i think the 4-page format is showing its limitations for how much is going on in the story. each chapter has to be self-contained to a degree while still advancing the plot and that's really holding progression back. there's no room to breathe and each page feels claustrophobic as a result. i used to get excited for this one but now it feels business-as-usual.

Cdc4f8204600edbf52fb0f34f39b246a~2
joined Jun 27, 2018

Toniiiight
Tonight toooonight
Toniiiight
Tonight

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

At first I liked a lot this title but I think that's more than enough tease already, I would to see real hints of mutual interest with yuri vibes coming from Koga, it feels stuck and too much one sided since several previous chapters, I hope this gets a really change in the narrative because it's getting boring and predictable.

definitely agree. i've felt that way for a while now, and i think the 4-page format is showing its limitations for how much is going on in the story. each chapter has to be self-contained to a degree while still advancing the plot and that's really holding progression back. there's no room to breathe and each page feels claustrophobic as a result. i used to get excited for this one but now it feels business-as-usual.

Totally get where you're coming from. It helps that I don't really expect much development. Then it feels like a cute thing I get to squee over for a little every week before moving on with life lol

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Oosawa going "I shouldn't talk about love." shows she learnt her lesson from the first chapters

Translation: "I don't want to brag about my awesome girlfriend."

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Oh, huh. I didn't realize that was a thing, and yet now i realize I've seen it dozens of times. Weird.

Also for the curious, I think that the box Aya pulled out is a Marshall Emberton II Bluetooth speaker. The grille doesn't quite match, but it's the model with that big fat single button on top.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Smashing Pumpkins, nice

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Toniiiight
Tonight toooonight
Toniiiight
Tonight

Such a good song.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Oosawa going "I shouldn't talk about love." shows she learnt her lesson from the first chapters

I dunno, I think it's more just that she is now aware that the person she'd be talking about is sitting right next to her. ;p

I still kinda want to know if her friends have sussed out that Koga is the music shop guy.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Koga smiling in that last page might just be the cutest thing this manga has shown us so far. Just perfect. Still my favorite way to start a Sunday.

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Intelligence 100

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Toniiiight
Tonight toooonight
Toniiiight
Tonight

She'll find a way to offer up the night

also, to wlftchtr82, I miss you. hope you're doing great with your studies.

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Adorable. ^_^

Yuri confirmed, then? :D

Now, let's not read into things too much

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

That's cute.
Now kiss

Better yet, propose marriage.

For those needing a fresh dose adventure for music like the girls in this comic... Devin Townsend!
Deadhead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJz-L3SbrLE

joined Aug 20, 2022

When's the last time we saw the two of them just being cute together like this?? Though their energy was a bit much, I appreciate the group including Mitsuki as well.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Ok I'm sorry y'all I know everyone is going to hate me but this manga is undeniably cringe

joined Feb 22, 2018

Listen.....

Billy Corgan wrote Tonight, Tonight for two reasons. As a homage to his favorite band (Cheap Trick) and as an encouragement letter to himself after surviving a nightmare childhood. Corgan's father was a talented professional musician, and also a mentally unstable petty criminal and deadbeat. His mom was divorced from dad and wasn't a major presence, and his stepmother was (allegedly) physically and emotionally abusive to him and his brothers. Corgan eventually taught himself how to play the guitar, and got the hell out of there to become a musician.

Boring bio data aside, the choice of THIS song for this chapter has to be deliberate. Suddenly it recasts some otherwise inexplicable aspects of Mitsuki's life:

-Why is she living with her uncle, of all people?
-When Kanna invited her uncle to live with her in the USA, he declined because he wouldn't leave Mitsuki behind. That implies that he isn't her legal guardian, and if he left she would either be placed in a state orphanage or worse.
-When Kanna reappears years later, she is trying to entice Mitsuki to move to the States upon her graduation, is it because she's offering a fresh start with an entire ocean between the girl and her problematic past?
-The Mangaka shows some understanding of US immigration policies, and familiarity with the H2B visa.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Ok I'm sorry y'all I know everyone is going to hate me but this manga is undeniably cringe

It's not undeniable. But I don't hate you; I just think you're wrong.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

It's a story about teenagers trying to sort through their feelings. It kind of comes with the territory :P

joined Apr 10, 2023

You can tell when Aya said "I'm in no place to talk about love" that really grabbed Koga's attention. Good music might be distracting her for the moment but you just know she's gonna be mulling over the implications of that line all night. And she'll probably incorrectly come to a conclusion that she should feel guilty or something about it lol.

joined Jun 19, 2023

This is getting tiring already. It's not even updated weekly and the story is just all fan service now. The author is dragging this whole "Aya is the only one invested in this /friendship/" plot thing. Look, I know Koga was the first to ask Aya to be friends but that's it. It's mostly Aya doing the efforts. Sigh.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

The format is what might be causing problems for some IMO. It just doesn't make for a nice continuous plot progression, you have to come to terms with this being a very episodic slice of life thing about realistic teenagers growing up and figuring stuff out. I'm quite happy with it, but I get why it might be frustrating for a lot of people.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Oh, huh. I didn't realize that was a thing, and yet now i realize I've seen it dozens of times. Weird.

The Utena pose, as it's known colloquially

Also for the curious, I think that the box Aya pulled out is a Marshall Emberton II Bluetooth speaker. The grille doesn't quite match, but it's the model with that big fat single button on top.

I had no idea Marshall did Bluetooth speakers, and damn they're expensive

To reply you must either login or sign up.