Forum › J<->M discussion

Ehhqrbrxcaa8wsy
joined Aug 24, 2020

This is so promising

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I wonder if Junichi has a girlfriend? Or at least a kabakura girl he favors?

It would be silly to posit that a man like him lives a life of chastity. There gotta be women in his life. Whoever they are, it's gonna be good fun when they come visiting for an impromptu booty call. Huh huh.

J has one of the worst cases of chūnibyō I've ever seen.

Look at his daily life: everything is posing! Even when he's all alone! Every little thing he does is just for the sake of roleplaying his childish fantasy of "hard-boiled"-ness. I seriously think he hasn't matured one year beyond the age of 12.

Forget about him having a woman. He probably thinks girls have cooties.

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

Author really likes young scumbag girls and slightly pathetic shady guys

Looking East
45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

And I wonder if the mom was always kinda nuts or if that started after something bad happened to the kid's dad. I feel so bad for the kid...

Plot twist: it was J who killed the kid's dad.

Yeah, that crossed my mind as well. We'll have to see if they go there with this story. So far it seems a bit more like a gritty dark comedy rather than a tragedy.

It's kind of funny that the body of a young girl is pretty much optimal for somebody who's an assassin since you really don't need to be particularly large or strong to use a gun and it's the perfect social camouflage. The one downside from a logistical standpoint is getting clients to take you seriously. Of course, the psychological ramifications are a whole other barrel of worms.

Edit: I just realized this is by the same mangaka that did HInamatsuri. This is going to be pure gold.

last edited at Jun 4, 2023 5:18AM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

This is great, looking forward to more shenanigans from these two.
If it goes well this would be ripe for an anime adaptation.

last edited at Jun 4, 2023 1:23PM

inactivehunter
V_1_25
joined Sep 26, 2022

1 chapter in and I already love it

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I wonder if Junichi has a girlfriend? Or at least a kabakura girl he favors?

It would be silly to posit that a man like him lives a life of chastity. There gotta be women in his life. Whoever they are, it's gonna be good fun when they come visiting for an impromptu booty call. Huh huh.

J has one of the worst cases of chūnibyō I've ever seen.

Look at his daily life: everything is posing! Even when he's all alone! Every little thing he does is just for the sake of roleplaying his childish fantasy of "hard-boiled"-ness. I seriously think he hasn't matured one year beyond the age of 12.

Forget about him having a woman. He probably thinks girls have cooties.

The "it's gotta be hard boiled" thing is a common parody element in Japan when it comes to noir like genres

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

this is so fucking funny i love this already

Totsuka
joined Jan 19, 2020

Holy shit I appreciate the "Norway" so much. What a throwback

joined Jun 11, 2016

thanks for the chapter! Another great one, I love how Megumi is so much more hard-boiled than J lol

Megumi's mother getting even more terrible with this chapter. Who the fuck calls their kid a parasite for being 2min late going back home from the library???

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Kinda fun. And very interesting. With a hint of sad, maybe (or maybe I'm thinking too much about the child's circumstances).

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Megumi's mother getting even more terrible with this chapter. Who the fuck calls their kid a parasite for being 2min late going back home from the library???

A person who was not emotionally mature enough to raise kids but got them anyway because society demanded it of them without offering adequate support after the birth?

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

“Yeah Mom, I’m a parasite. But at least I’m not as bad as the %$#&ing parasites on society who’re running this country.”

joined May 24, 2014

That mom is worse than the criminals

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Kinda hoping the mom turns out to be a secret mob boss or something now...

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

J knock off mum when

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Now now, let's not exaggerate.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

It's refreshing how down to earth that cold blooded killer is

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Now now, let's not exaggerate.

Does she even know that her only child is being bullied

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

A person who was not emotionally mature enough to raise kids but got them anyway because society demanded it of them without offering adequate support after the birth?

Yeah it's society's fault that she treats her daughter so horribly, she has no agency, responsibility or capacity for common sense at allllllll

joined Aug 21, 2017

The scenes where Yanagi is afraid of Megumi make me laugh

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

In Japan, scolding is like Vogon poetry. A kind of torture method lol.

Poor J (trapped in Megumi's body) must feel like gnawing one of his own legs off.

Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

lol this is fun

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

lol this is fun

^ :D

Hope it doesn't get sad...

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

“Yeah Mom, I’m a parasite. But at least I’m not as bad as the %$#&ing parasites on society who’re running this country.”

Nah, more like: "Yeah mom, I may be a worthless parasite, but what does that make the useless verbally abusive bitch whose only real job was to raise me competently?"

To reply you must either login or sign up.