Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Marriage interviews by themselves aren't bad or problematic. It's like slow speed dating. It's telling Makino that she has to get married that's bad.

Not only is she being told that she has to marry, but who to marry and why -- namely because her only worth is being a functional baby machine. :-) I particularly liked the part where her mother said that a woman's entire worth is in her youth, adding hypocrisy to her long list of flaws. Gods, that character is infuriating because she hits so close to RL.

Technically she called youth Women's intrinsic value with the possibility of also having other values like smarts, which she doesn't consider Makino to have any of

Don't make me defend a character I have been calling foul since ch1!

You don't have to defend a character whose only qualities are toxic attitude, entitlement, and hypocrisy. :-)

In the name of character representation I have to if you twist my arm!

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Arranged marriage are only okay if they're gay.

There, I said what everyone's really thinking.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Gay as in the original meaning of the word(?)

joined Aug 11, 2022

...that guy is a fking weak wimp...got fking destroyed in the very first attack(Move) lol XD

Good thing MC didn't encounter one of those pushy guys/ Toxic ML types you often find in Isekai otome manga that will say 'How interesting' :)

On one hand I am glad it was settled pretty easily but on the other hand it felt like fighting a boss fight where you won in 1 punch...Welp You have to look for someone else dude...hopefully whoever settles with you is fine with being a submissive housewife (Basically being rich and average look being his only redeeming features).

Increase Progress in MC's future yuri relationship!!!

joined Apr 16, 2022

On one hand I am glad it was settled pretty easily but on the other hand it felt like fighting a boss fight where you won in 1 punch...

that's just how powerful of a scumbag Makino is. her mother thought she was out-scumming her but Makino proved in this chapter she will always be the scummiest of them all. truly a heroine we need but don't deserve

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I dont, fuck arranged marriages. In this house we believe in feminism!

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

Well, that was fast (in a good way)

Kobayashismile
joined Apr 7, 2021

haha that was over quick, good for them I guess (?)

joined May 24, 2014

Well, I didn't expect her to snap like that.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

I would feel sorry for the guy if they actually got married. He just dodged the big scummy bullet there.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That marriage interview went as "well" as expected.

But on the positive side, we got that hug out of it. ^_^

joined Feb 20, 2023

Praise the scumbag. I aspire to be able to gremlin my out of situations like this.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

On one hand I am glad it was settled pretty easily but on the other hand it felt like fighting a boss fight where you won in 1 punch...

that's just how powerful of a scumbag Makino is. her mother thought she was out-scumming her but Makino proved in this chapter she will always be the scummiest of them all. truly a heroine we need but don't deserve

Truly scummy. She only went to the interview because she was promised no more studying! The whole thing was a scummy master plan. Truly "you're in here with me" energy.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Now that's a flawless victory

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

It's a really old joke: a woman (or somebody passing as one) tries to get rid of a pesky suitor by making herself odious -- only to get him even more excited. I've seen it in tons of manga series, anime and games. And even in Western media! (As Joe E. Brown told Jack Lemmon, nobody's perfect.)

I'm very happy that we avoided the silly cliché here -- and instead solved the omiai problem in a quick and expeditious way.

joined Apr 16, 2022

It's a really old joke: a woman (or somebody passing as one) tries to get rid of a pesky suitor by making herself odious -- only to get him even more excited. I've seen it in tons of manga series, anime and games. And even in Western media! (As Joe E. Brown told Jack Lemmon, nobody's perfect.)

I'm very happy that we avoided the silly cliché here -- and instead solved the omiai problem in a quick and expeditious way.

Men in shoujo when a woman tells them to fuck off and die: "How interesting..."

This guy when a woman tells him to fuck off and die: "Save me mommy!!"

joined Jan 14, 2020

Mr. Collins in Pride and Prejudice, 1813 (written in 1790s)

last edited at Aug 22, 2023 4:07PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Making herself "odious" is one thing, she literally just starts screaming some nonsense lmao, not sure this exact variation is that common

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Wait.. isn't "Tachi" a type of knife? Ate rips and bottoms Knifes and Kats?

Anyway, What we learned here is that Making likes big boobs (and she cannot lie) and Mashiro missed her a lot that half a week

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I dont, fuck arranged marriages. In this house we believe in feminism!

Yes, get the women out of the houses and into the workforce so we can all be miserable!

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

One of the best comedy movie scenes ever.

Here's the complete conversation in Gif format (too much to post image by image):

https://vintage-cinema.tumblr.com/post/97921054869/osgood-im-gonna-level-with-you-we-cant-get

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Here y'all are talking about arranged marriages, and here I am getting mad at this NobuoG guy getting so much attention from kosuzume-dono when his questions are mid at best. There's seriously no one else submitting questions? Sheesh.

I'm annoyed that Mashiro hasn't shown us her scumbag side at all yet. Instead the main character just becomes more ignoble. Like come on Mashiro. Mashiro must have the worst self esteem going for the protagonist, instead of all those other women that she sleeps with, and they're probably also in love with her too.

last edited at Aug 27, 2023 10:41PM

joined Feb 20, 2023

I busted out laughing when she said she was taking money for the marriage interviews.

God damn she's going need independence fast though, before her parents find out she's been playing them for lesbian sex money.

joined Oct 9, 2011

Heh, so Makino is continuing to scam her parents.

She really shouldn't be scamming them to get money to pay for more nights with Satou, she just keep scamming them out of their money, until she has enough to just move out and move in with Satou.

She should still keep studying though, if so she will at least find something to do in her life.

Wait, Makino's dream is just gonna become, be Satou's wife isn't?

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

She's planning to scam her parents but I'm pretty sure things won't continue going her way. At some point that warning to make sure she properly breaks off these engagements will become relevant. Maybe this guy will be the one to create a mess. He seems sleazy in a way the other guy did not. She's gotta be careful.

last edited at Aug 31, 2023 3:04PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.