Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was fantastic :)

I know we dont seem to get their chapters very often but - would you say these 2 are the next pair closest to becoming a real couple?

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Joddascus posted:

page 4 is so fucked up

I'm happy I'm not the only one who thought about it.
I wondered if she was gonna lick it, actually

Haha I was honestly convinced she was going to lick it when I was first reading

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Haruka has the thirst.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I know we dont seem to get their chapters very often but - would you say these 2 are the next pair closest to becoming a real couple?

they already are a couple

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Ahhhhh finally the couple I've been wanting to see more of and it's glorious. MOAR please.

Also, Sensei knows what's up. Hnggg

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

Siuuuuuu....Haruka and Kanae sure take their time to come back, what a chapter mannnnn

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Remember when Kanae would wear prescription swimming goggles to stare at girls? Well obviously not anymore since she has her Haruka. Also I take offense to that last pic. Kanae has been gay as shit from day one.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

That was both genuinely sweet and also pretty darn hot at the same time :⁠0 Kishi-sensei really is a master at that elusive combo.

20220622_193006
joined Dec 27, 2020

my favorite gays

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

That was both genuinely sweet and also pretty darn hot at the same time :⁠0 Kishi-sensei really is a master at that elusive combo.

That and all the little often overlooked moments, and body language that communicate so much without dialogue. Really good with non-verbal communication through characters or scenes and also with showing tenderness through small shows of affection (like in this chapter). And the variety of relationship types but at the same time, doesn't really judge them. Just let's them play out. Awesome.

These two are super cute though. My second favorite pairing, here.

last edited at Aug 21, 2023 9:56AM

A2912
joined Apr 20, 2019

It's been 84 years...

seungwanderlust
joined Dec 23, 2017

I've been counting the days since their last chapter and I was so happy to see that the wait was worth it. This was so good! I hope we can get more of them within the next 6 months or so. They're my favorite pair <3

last edited at Aug 21, 2023 11:14AM

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

CUTEST PAIRING EVER!!

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Gotta feel for the swim teacher, having to deal with all these lesbians flirting during swim class.

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

Happy to see my top 3 couple again but damn, I knew Haruka had it down bad but I didn't think she was gonna rub Kanae's pool water on herself. Come on girl, get it together, lmao

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Just went back and reread all the Haruka x Kanae chapters. It's nice seeing just how much Kanae has changed since the start, especially once she met Haruka.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

No- they are a real couple when one says please go out with me / be my girlfriend- and the other says yes - and they start kissing etc. Sure it looks like they both want to be - especially Haruka- she is knowingly actively persuing kanae - but im unsure if Kanae knows whats up yet- she might not of thought about about it.

last edited at Aug 21, 2023 7:49PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

No- they are a real couple when one says please go out with me / be my girlfriend- and the other says yes - and they start kissing etc. Sure it looks like they both want to be - especially Haruka- she is knowingly actively persuing kanae - but im unsure if Kanae knows whats up yet- she might not of thought about about it.

You know not every couple goes through the whole confession/asking out thing. Some poeple just get together. They mutually realize what they've got going and just go with it.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

"Oh no, I got you wet!"

Yeah and there's water on her, too!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

You know not every couple goes through the whole confession/asking out thing. Some poeple just get together. They mutually realize what they've got going and just go with it.

Yeah- sure, sometimes. . And after they realise? They start to act like a couple - kissing etc.. and will acknowledge it with each other.. and these 2 are NOTthere- not yet. They are acting like a couple who are into each other / persuing each other etc - or at least Haruka fore sure is. Also no way the author is gonna hook them up off 'screen' imo.

They also say stuff that reveals they are NOT yet a couple - like saying 'I didn't realise you liked me so much' and blushing.. She wouldnt be suprised by her calling her HER Haruka if they were a couple.

last edited at Aug 21, 2023 8:21PM

joined Jul 23, 2014

Marvelous chapter. Haruka and Kanae are one of my favorite couples

"Oh no, I got you wet!"

Yeah and there's water on her, too!

lmao

last edited at Aug 21, 2023 9:40PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Ayano, I'm begging you, this girl is basically throwing herself at you. Ayano, she's so dumb, you have to help her.

Ayano is too busy staring at the tag for some reason!

She's acting like someone who's never seen a big, exposed pair of clothing tags before.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ayano, I'm begging you, this girl is basically throwing herself at you. Ayano, she's so dumb, you have to help her.

Ayano is too busy staring at the tag for some reason!

She's acting like someone who's never seen a big, exposed pair of clothing tags before.

Or like she's never shared a bath and fondled Miyoshi's boobs before. I swear, she's regressing on any progress she's made sometimes.

8df30faf9de0511ace2b40acb3d005267d346bcc_full
joined Sep 1, 2021

Yeah- sure, sometimes. . And after they realise? They start to act like a couple - kissing etc.. and will acknowledge it with each other.. and these 2 are NOTthere- not yet. They are acting like a couple who are into each other / persuing each other etc - or at least Haruka fore sure is. Also no way the author is gonna hook them up off 'screen' imo.

They also say stuff that reveals they are NOT yet a couple - like saying 'I didn't realise you liked me so much' and blushing.. She wouldnt be suprised by her calling her HER Haruka if they were a couple.

My friend, I'm the guy who caused a stir before by saying that I wasn't at all convinced that Honoka "confessed" to Elisha in Chapter 250. I'm still not. The word "love" has many facets and degrees, and to me Honoka is obviously (primarily) straight. Please everyone, don't flame me over this again; I'm just making the point that I'm not easily taken in by the "three little words" and have a higher bar for when I believe people have reached yuri couple status.

That being said, even I have trouble seeing how Haruka/Kanae aren't there yet. I hear what you're saying about kissing and other overtly romantic gestures, but we should be careful not to project Western cultural standards onto Japanese teenagers. Despite what manga and doujinshi might have us believe, Japan is still a far more conservative society than what we're accustomed to in the West. The fact that a couple is only at the hand-holding stage and isn't "hooking up" doesn't necessarily mean they aren't a couple.

As for Haruka's "since when have you been that into Haruka" remark, I think that's just a bit of insecurity combined with embarrasment. Remember, up until now, it's been Haruka who's been the posessive one, and who probably sees herself as the one more in love. Kanae's affection has been more subtle and reserved, often coming as a reassuring reaction to Haruka's fears about being overbearing and smothering with her crush. This was the first unmistakably overt display of jealousy and, well, romantic/sexual territoriality shown by Kanae (but not the first display of sexual interest -- see the "Venus Dimples" chapter).

I would recommend re-reading chapter 222 (which came after Haruka's "I Love You" note to Kanae). They're only being mildly subtle here, talking about "the one you like" and "making my heart pound", the latter being an extremely common trope for romantic attraction. I think they're both very much aware of how the other one feels, especially now. How they handle it physically and verbally is a bit beside the point.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

^^
Great post

To reply you must either login or sign up.