Forum › My Dear Lass discussion

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Loved this chapter, showed Xiaoen from her confident and mature side and very believably portrayed Xingyuan's insecurities

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

That intimate moment where they spilled the peaches in the beginning seems like teasing now. What a frustrating yuri; what am I supposed to gain from a story that uses every cultural "hurdle" to make themselves miserable? Once you are 18 you are beholden to no one, full stop.

You're forgetting how much family means to one's status in some cultures. How much the name of your family can control how others can see you.

kuroyurihime00
Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

PAIN!
Why is the way of the yuri always in pain?

joined May 10, 2021

It hurts... It really does hurt...

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Well that hit, right in the heart heh

Ahhh, this is nice to see since I can't see Tracy Hu's twitter anymore (damn that bastard billionaire, I refuse to make an account!) Baby Xiao En is adorable, and I agree with her being really sincere too—it was easy to see last chapter that she was speaking from a place of frustration after Shi was retracting because she was anxious and cherishes her. Neither girl was 'wrong' per say, but neither was fully right, either. Oftentimes problems aren't so copy/paste easy to solve, and this is a case where there's a lot of depth and nuance there. Let's see how they navigate it!!

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Ah,, so it's like a big sis relationship!

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

She was rejected now but its obviously she will get that tall lady

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Ah, so it's like a big sis relationship!

I wrote before about Yunduo, to say that she obviously has no romantic interest in Xiaoen and just sees her as a cute little cousin.

Well... I'm starting to have second thoughts.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I wrote before about Yunduo, to say that she obviously has no romantic interest in Xiaoen and just sees her as a cute little cousin.

Really? I'd say this chapter rather affirms that point of view. She obviously cares a lot for Xiaoen but it seems to be in a more familial sort of way, doesn't give much of a romantic vibe to me honestly.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Really? I'd say this chapter rather affirms that point of view. She obviously cares a lot for Xiaoen but it seems to be in a more familial sort of way, doesn't give much of a romantic vibe to me honestly.

Maybe it's their interaction as children. I look at chibi Xiaoen; I try to imagine myself in the place of chibi Yunduo, being at the receiving end of that level of cuteness; and I can't envision myself not falling in love.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'm sure many have mentioned this, but OMG two-year-old Xiao En is so precious!!!

last edited at Jul 4, 2023 1:30PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

The way the dad capitulated to the mom is so funny

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Ch32 was nice... Effective storytelling. I really like how the side character adults/townspeople in this series are so reasonable and grounded...
Also, Kid Xiaoen so cute!!

Anyone heard from Tracy Hu? I can see Twitter again (using Nitter's site), and it looks like she was supposed to be gone for a couple weeks, but dropped completely off all her socials for longer than that, I'm kind of worried about her!

joined Apr 2, 2023

Anyone heard from Tracy Hu? I can see Twitter again (using Nitter's site), and it looks like she was supposed to be gone for a couple weeks, but dropped completely off all her socials for longer than that, I'm kind of worried about her!

I don't know about twitter as I can't see anything there anymore either, but I support her on bilibili and Fridays are when new chapters drop. Chapter 46 is arriving 7/21 after the last chapter on 7/7. I think it said she'd take a week off and "see you every other" on there so it seems still on track? We shall see Friday.

joined Apr 2, 2023

A new chapter posted today on the app and the next one is announced for next Friday so maybe she's just taking a twiatus but otherwise fine.

A new chapter posted today on the app and the next one is announced for next Friday so maybe she's just taking a twiatus but otherwise fine.

Thank you so much for letting us know!

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Oof ouch owie my peaches

Shi Xingyuan came across as very earnest in this chapter, and Xiao En was adorable in her angsty pouting. Also holy shit, that SKY....so pretty! Phone background material for sure!!!!

Plus more Shi with work glasses—Tracy Hu out-dos herself again!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This is horrible.

They are both suffering, but they are both also resigned to a godawful future decided by others. Xingyuan has given up hope and plans to leave and be obedient to to her evil turd of a father, and Xiaoen is furious at Xingyuan and plans to let her go without a fight.

I can't figure any way out of this mess... poor girls.

And on a different subject, there's something I've been wondering for some time now: has the whole town conspired to hide from Sixi that there is something called gay love in the world, or what??

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

This is horrible.

They are both suffering, but they are both also resigned to a godawful future decided by others. Xingyuan has given up hope and plans to leave and be obedient to to her evil turd of a father, and Xiaoen is furious at Xingyuan and plans to let her go without a fight.

I can't figure any way out of this mess... poor girls.

And on a different subject, there's something I've been wondering for some time now: has the whole town conspired to hide from Sixi that there is something called gay love in the world, or what??

Maybe it'll be the town that gets them together?

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

She seems like the kind of person to me that would react similarly even if it wasn't gay :P And to be fair, she doesn't know that she's a secondary character in a romance story so I'd give her some benefit of the doubt.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Sixi still as slow as ever... :D

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I love this

To reply you must either login or sign up.