Forum › The Feared Witch of Taisho discussion

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, that was cute

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

However weird it may sound, I stopped trusting the comedy tag. Is this the fun type of comedy? Or the dark depressing type of comedy that's ahead of us? Because so far it's fun, but I want to know what should I prepare my poor heart for. Laughter or laughter through tears.

Also if this witch story turns into another gameshow I swear to not really do much but get really annoyed and maybe leave a disappointed comment in the future about it.

joined May 10, 2021

My fucking WORDS she's just the most precious thing!
And she's already found a soulmate eh? Noice.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

This art is just so toptier I really love it. And this chapter was very cute. Love how flustered she got simply from having someone over for tea and letting them actually explain herself to them. Can't wait for more this should be really fun if it stays like this and doesn't turn dark on us.

joined May 24, 2019

The media in the Taisho era were not very different from the media today, I see.

That newspaper could have been the NYT or the Post frontpaging about Russia or China.

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

I like the way Rin is written here, it feels very real to me. Having a knee jerk negative reaction to something so outside of your cultural frame of refrence, but regretting it once you calm down is pretty realistic but in most media she wouldn't realize she was wrong until she saw further evidence that the witch means no harm. Here, though, it's clear she just changed her mind after thinking about it mote calmly

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

I get that the modern audience has to relate to her, but the artist gave her a very modern hairstyle which imo is very distracting and takes away from the fact that this is set in early 20th century japan. If the artist had given her a style that young girls at the time wore, it would've been a little more realistic. But then again this series is about a witch after all lol.

She's using hair styles of the "West", ambiguously, so that could be anywhere in Europe. IDK about the hairstyles of the time but there are a lot of different cultures in a large area of nebulous definition.

The one issue I do have is her name being Yomai, which sounds distinctly NOT European in any way that I know, I would love to know other's opinions on that.

last edited at Feb 14, 2023 6:00AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

The media in the Taisho era were not very different from the media today, I see.

Whenever I read about cultural developments and movements in early modern Japan, an account of how newspapers dogpiled on it is a standard feature.

-> savage newspaper headline = funny period flavor

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

sniff aaah... I just LOVE the smell of outcast characters meeting someone who is willing to listen to them and become their friend!

Sir/Madam/Madman/Both/Neither/Attack Chopper,please refrain from sniffing the loli,this is a family restaurant.

Your order of frogs' eggs will be done shortly.

joined Apr 29, 2019

That newspaper could have been the NYT or the Post frontpaging about Russia or China.

i hope you got your 0.50 for this

joined May 3, 2014

LOL true I forgot about that XD did they at least get 2,50$ for the word count?

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

LOL true I forgot about that XD did they at least get 2,50$ for the word count?

Please don't derail this comment section, folks.

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

Witches vote for Trump.

joined May 10, 2021

How the heck is this so damn cute?!
Thanks for the translation!

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

OMG THE BLUSHING!!

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Witches vote for Trump.

Hard to choose between magical lesbian witches in love who believe in pointless walls that stop nothing and randos with money that like to disappear innocent people who believe that a 9 mm will blow your lung clean out of your body.

But at least the failed magic is now a fun emotion emitter.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Ah yes, nothing like some over-the-top acts of hatred to make me roll my eyes. We couldn't just go with the passive-aggressive behavior of people to make a "nice" aura of intimidation and unfriendliness. We had to involve a bunch of teenagers(?) who were trying to sell a kid(?) witch into slavery to a brothel.
I guess we had to have something for the dum people and people who will argue things based on subtle hints and not outright hard evidence someone can hit them in the face with. While I hoped for more I expected as much.

Just a drop of my disappointment, I still love this and want to see more.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Ah yes, nothing like some over-the-top acts of hatred to make me roll my eyes. We couldn't just go with the passive-aggressive behavior of people to make a "nice" aura of intimidation and unfriendliness. We had to involve a bunch of teenagers(?) who were trying to sell a kid(?) witch into slavery to a brothel.
I guess we had to have something for the dum people and people who will argue things based on subtle hints and not outright hard evidence someone can hit them in the face with. While I hoped for more I expected as much.

Just a drop of my disappointment, I still love this and want to see more.

The rich kids of an empire being xenophobic and cruel seems pretty realistic to me

joined May 10, 2021

What kind of wicked person would bully such a smoll and cute creature.... Smh my head....
Thanks for the chapter!

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Do not bully the cute witch pls

joined Oct 12, 2021

Let the witch be happy or I will riot in an evil angry way

To reply you must either login or sign up.