Forum › Shoujo Manga Protagonist x Rival-san discussion

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Is it just me or are the pages out of order?

No no keep it like this, it's representative of how Hiyama's brain works

last edited at May 10, 2023 8:51PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Is there such a thing as being Stockholm'd into becoming wingwomen?

There probably isn't generally such a thing as Stockholm syndrome at all. I mean, the trope namer of that was Patty Hearst, and that was a weird case. She was a young woman whose dad was an uber-wealthy corporate greedhead who as far as I can tell nobody liked. So then in the middle of the hippie era she gets kidnapped by a bunch of passionate revolutionaries her age, some of whom are probably hot and charismatic, nearly all of whom are idealistic and committed, and who stand for everything in existence that would piss off her asshole dad. OF COURSE she switched to their side!

That isn't how kidnapping usually works though. Frankly I think they invented a "syndrome" just so the Hearst newspaper chain would have something to report other than "Randolph Hearst's daughter hates his scummy guts, prefers hawt revolutionaries to his boring cronies".

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Hiyama is more of a glass cannon than I thought xD

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

The gays are gaying gayly in the same gay mindset together.

Classy-Nessi
23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

WE'VE FINALLY REACHED HERE! IT TOOK SO LONG, BUT WE GOT HERE!

joined Aug 11, 2022

Glass-canon Rival....She can flirt and dish out attacks but her DEFENSE: [0]~~ LOL~

Protagonist's Best friend was worried for a moment and thinks Hiyama[RIVAL] will be the [TOP] and be rough dominating Kimura [Protaganist] when in reality [Rival]'s two friends/cronies know how much of a airhead/bottom she actually is...welp Kimura is going to be the [TOP] for a while in their relationship until Hiyama can build enough resistance XD

Mizushima[The boy] is enjoying the show as a yuri-fan...

Hiyama's cronies: (....should we tell her that our friend/boss is a total bottom? Nah she will probably find out soon..it be too embarrassing to tell her that...)

joined Oct 3, 2021

we're finally here god bless

joined Feb 14, 2023

MATAROOOOON MATAAROON A UN INOCENTE

joined Aug 21, 2017

we're finally here god bless

Right? Finally!

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

There probably isn't generally such a thing as Stockholm syndrome at all.

That is just not true. The phenomenon is very real (at least in certain applications), regardless of whether the original case applies or not. It is completely within human psychology, it is the same reason people keep loving their abusers or people sympathize more with the villain. A mixture of the suspension bridge effect and the need to fix another individual.
Then again, every person on the internet considers themselves more qualified than experts on every topic, so we are both most likely not going to revolutionize psychology with our thoughts.

Hiyama is more of a glass cannon than I thought xD

It was made rather clear across the last few chapters already. Every time Kimura would show any assertiveness at all Hiyama immediately crumbled. Though I agree that her case of glass-cannon-itis is remarkable.

last edited at May 11, 2023 12:49AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

There probably isn't generally such a thing as Stockholm syndrome at all.

That is just not true. The phenomenon is very real (at least in certain applications), regardless of whether the original case applies or not. It is completely within human psychology, it is the same reason people keep loving their abusers or people sympathize more with the villain. A mixture of the suspension bridge effect and the need to fix another individual.
Then again, every person on the internet considers themselves more qualified than experts on every topic, so we are both most likely not going to revolutionize psychology with our thoughts.

Funny you say that when It's even contested among the experts...

last edited at May 11, 2023 2:14AM

Tsubaki%20school%20zone
joined Apr 6, 2020

i'm currently shaking impatiently waiting for the last few chapters !!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

The big twist is that all along Hiyama was the shojo manga protagonist

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

Oh the popularized form of Stockholm syndrome is not accepted as a clinical term at all, I'm talking about the underlying concept of traumatic bonding and suspension bridge effect. Attachment to captor or abuser. These phenomena are real. I assumed that the concept itself was put into question rather than the colloquial term used for it.

It is always curious how a simple joke from my initial post can be used as a platform to deep dive into at best tangential topics. But I suppose if posters are willing to find discourse about Machiavelli in a gag manga nothing is off the table.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Oh the popularized form of Stockholm syndrome is not accepted as a clinical term at all, I'm talking about the underlying concept of traumatic bonding and suspension bridge effect. Attachment to captor or abuser. These phenomena are real. I assumed that the concept itself was put into question rather than the colloquial term used for it.

It is always curious how a simple joke from my initial post can be used as a platform to deep dive into at best tangential topics. But I suppose if posters are willing to find discourse about Machiavelli in a gag manga nothing is off the table.

I'm talking about the concept of Stockholm Syndrome as being heavily contested, not the term by itself. Too many issues with reproducibility due to ethical issues etc. Of course, there is a lot more to it than just that but if I'm going to apply myself to discussing this I could instead be doing my research reports lol

last edited at May 13, 2023 7:18PM

Internetdyke
Screenshot_20211218_223644
joined Nov 25, 2021

Aaa I love my idiots so much, so happy that they finally confessed for real

CrimsonTrout
joined Sep 19, 2015

Stockholm syndrome comes from a bank robbery in Stockholm, Sweden, where the hostages refused to testify against their kidnapper because the police were not terribly concerned with the safety of the hostages.

Anyway, this story is a fun ride xD

Queen Kazama
Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

I just binged it all to this point and I can't believe the ride that this series is. I'm so happy-

joined Sep 13, 2018

i remember reading it up to ch24 i didn't expect the damn thing to finally end , what a wild ride.

4825dbbf-266a-42cd-a88b-34a30c1f7471
joined Apr 16, 2021

chapter 44 is actually illegal amounts of cuteness overdose. type of shit to get you giggling, tee-hee levels of adorableness.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The series was kinda painful at times, but that pay off now is soooo worth it ...

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

The hunter, now the hunted. One more chapter. Wish there were more.

last edited at Jun 4, 2023 4:33PM

carlosraruto
Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Nice to see MC knows how to handle such a useless lesbian

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

So adorable. Never change.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Just finished reading from last month's chapters. They're all goof, every one is misunderstanding every one, a classic trope multiplied by 5! It's nice how it turned up though, and that Kimura has the patience and talent to read Hiyama like a book.

Nice to see MC knows how to handle such a useless lesbian

Tbf Hiyama is anything but useless, she's just reeaaaaaaaally bad at reading the room and receiving love back.

last edited at Jun 4, 2023 6:11PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.