Forum › I Wanna Quit Being a Hitman! discussion

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Also, is Rose Russian? Sure as hell doesn't look Chinese, but there's not a whole lot of "mainland" that has honkies where you can come from when arriving in Japan as a refugee which ISN'T Russia.

Manga/anime assassins are always from Siberia. It is known.

Fuck me, you're right.

joined Dec 18, 2016

Sorawo whatcha doin' here?

the otherside wasn't earning enough so she had to get a side hustle

Kozakura was angry and refuses to pay the bill

joined May 10, 2021

Oh boy, the small bits of comedy sure don't help getting rid of drama and bad ending's smell...

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

what an interesting convo to have with HR.... what do they even return when they quit...? their gun???

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

That morgue... (☉̃ₒ☉)

Most professional hitmen do retailing.

These guys do wholesaling.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Kojima recomended this manga together with Lycoris Recoil, wow

joined Dec 13, 2020

That morgue... (☉̃ₒ☉)

Most professional hitmen do retailing.

These guys do wholesaling.

Lmao they really kill in bulk, don't they? I don't understand why the city isn't in an uproar over such a carnival of crime. (Even if they disguise the murders, people should start suspecting!)

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

"Japan's most dangerous city. Just last week, 73 people fell to their death, committed suicide, choked on artichokes, or had fatal accidents with gardening tools. 'It's just bad luck', police officials say. Moving on to the weather ..."

I wonder if we ever learn whom they are killing. Is this supposed to be that sorta "government hires criminals to secretly murder criminals" thing?

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

It could be a Russian or Eastern European mob wiping out elements of the local Yakuza so they can move in.

And a hitman group with a HR section would be a good story in itself.

Off to retirement she goes!,hopefully not six feet under.

joined Feb 1, 2021

It looks like it's just the regular hospital morgue to me - just that the hitmen are posing as the coroners. So the rest of them barring the corpses that the hitmen are interested in are "regular" natural deaths.

last edited at May 5, 2023 9:43PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

"Japan's most dangerous city. Just last week, 73 people fell to their death, committed suicide, choked on artichokes, or had fatal accidents with gardening tools. 'It's just bad luck', police officials say. Moving on to the weather ..."

I wonder if we ever learn whom they are killing. Is this supposed to be that sorta "government hires criminals to secretly murder criminals" thing?

The victims mostly look like Yakuza

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

I like this series, it's pretty solid, the dialogues are good, the characters are believable, I don't know how much I like the benika storyline but I can accept it, I hope it continues

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

If that cross doesn't have some microphone or whatever in it I'll quit pancakes.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

If that cross doesn't have some microphone or whatever in it I'll quit pancakes.

Holy shit you're confident

joined May 10, 2021

Shady archbishop is shady, but our shaddier father knows something's up.
Also I'm scared of where this'll end.

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

I bet a cookie that there's a listening device that cross

joined Apr 16, 2022

even though in some ways they're very different, this manga kind of reminds me of I See You Aizawa-san, in that they both sort of smash together a bunch of different genres and somehow form a coherent whole -- in this manga's case, that's age gap yuri, crime, ruminations on the role of the church and its confessional, social commentary on the economic exploitation of immigrant labor, comedy, drama...it's very unique.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I can't believe they put Woke Politics in my Yuri manga...

That ugly ass cross is almost definitely a wire, but it's a bit too obvious? Like the bishop gave it to the priest without any normal explanation; only a complete idiot would not be suspicious.

last edited at May 7, 2023 8:36PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Couldn't she just . . . keep a phone she doesn't use for work? If she was worried about being tracked it wouldn't even have to have a plan, effectively just a tiny computer she could use to make grocery lists, play little games and so forth . . . and have her crush's picture on.

Edit: Yes, I agree with everyone that cross obviously is bugged.

Also, do real organized criminals usually treat their incredibly deadly killers like shit? I mean, normally you'd think if someone was amazing at killing people you'd want to give them motivation not to do that to you. Even if someone's a low status immigrant, being extremely dangerous usually buys some respect and perks.

last edited at May 7, 2023 11:17PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Also, do real organized criminals usually treat their incredibly deadly killers like shit?

It's yet another tattooed-sorta-yakuza-style victim so the chances that this is some shady government organization that feels above repercussions is steadily increasing ...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Also, do real organized criminals usually treat their incredibly deadly killers like shit? I mean, normally you'd think if someone was amazing at killing people you'd want to give them motivation not to do that to you. Even if someone's a low status immigrant, being extremely dangerous usually buys some respect and perks.

I think (without first-hand experience, of course) that this depends on the type of the hiring organization. If it's a government agency using black ops to hire disposable assets to clean up the town, then they would immediately burn her as soon as there is a chance she may turn coat or get exposed. In fact, that is probably their planned endgame for her, anyway, and the only reason why she is still alive is that she is so good at her job.

From what I know about criminal organizations, their inherent in-group loyalty serves as a protective social mechanism in lieu of the rule of law that civil organizations can rely on, and it is often expressed as intense chauvinism preventing outsiders, such as recent refugees, from attaining any kind of status within the organization. They tend to start off as small ethnically homogeneous gangs and to only hire locals into full positions (kind of like the Mafia only accepts ethnic Sicilians and/or Italians as full members). As a criminal organization grows, they can start hiring associates, but these are entirely disposable and only told what they need to know in case they get flipped by law enforcement or go rogue.

In other words, unless she joins or forms an ethnic Slavic (I assume) gang in the city that isn't immediately wiped out by the competition, being treated like dirt is her only option. Or quitting, but that is incredibly hard with her record.

last edited at May 8, 2023 5:16AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The moment she offs someone quietly with no witnesses in a way that makes it look like an accident, rather than fighting her way past half a dozen bodyguards in a massive shootout, this tells us we are in a very different universe from that of most manga hit men.

I mean, only the Freeman could get away with that kind of insanity, any normal hitman would work like her, or at least make sure all they need is one shot/explosion/drop of poison/etc. Fights against overwhelming odds are a sure way to die.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Seems like the job will only ever send you the details and then ask for confirmation,won't state anything else at all.

And being a foreigner trapped in another nation is the worst thing possible,especially when they take your passport away from you(you ain't foolin' us,Dubai),leaving you stuck.

That issue might come to head,though,for this series.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

damn, this is excellent so far, the latest chapter really turned it up. i always suspected the government was running the hitmen but now i'm almost certain.

i've never read a manga that felt remotely so politically timely and vital before (possibly excluding lgbt issues), it's very refreshing.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Hoo boy, the other shoe has dropped. I wonder how this one’s going to work out.

Also, I’m curious why the Archbishop stole data from the assassin agency in the first place. Does the agency have something to do with the current situation of the refugees? Does the Archbishop have some secret agenda behind his refugee advocacy? Does the priest even know he’s involved in this secret network? This is looking interesting.

To reply you must either login or sign up.