Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Honoka is loving the English muffins I see... they look fluffy and delicious indeed in page 07

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

that face that honoka made was everything. does this pair just casually admit to loving each other now? is this the stage where they're basically married and are comfortable with each other? They're so far ahead

joined Feb 1, 2021

So she finally admits, that she loves that chicc thicc alabama jezabel?!

Now go eat already!!!!

No. The translation is completely wrong.

O...kay?

joined Jan 25, 2021

Now go eat already!!!!

We work hard on every translation but it's also possible to miss something.

Could you give some details?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Now go eat already!!!!

Lmao what? No it isn't the TL is right

Trust me, Kirin is pretty good TL himself. He know what is talking about.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Someone print a hundred copies of this picture and paste them all over the school.

It'll be the end of Casanova Kaoru the saucy school vamp.

joined Sep 16, 2014

Now go eat already!!!!

yeah, i was also curious about that since i don't think it's something honoka would say (at this point in their relationship at least).
Anyway i searched the raw and google translated it and is the translation supposed to go:

"That Eli will absolutely love this!"

I'm only working on context clues here and my knowledge of mandarin. someone correct me if im wrong.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Now go eat already!!!!

yeah, i was also curious about that since i don't think it's something honoka would say (at this point in their relationship at least).
Anyway i searched the raw and google translated it and is the translation supposed to go:

"That Eli will absolutely love this!"

I'm only working on context clues here and my knowledge of mandarin. someone correct me if im wrong.

Yep, we actually did correct it in our files but somehow it was missed. We will update it asap

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Now go eat already!!!!

We work hard on every translation but it's also possible to miss something.

Could you give some details?

The actual sentence is これエリ絶対好きだわ

Which, if you paid attention to context, means something along the lines of : Eli will definitely love this.

If I break down the sentence, it's:

"これ" = this
"エリ" = Eli
"絶対" = definitely/Absolutely
"好きだ" = Love
"わ" = wa, particle for emphasis (female speak)

When you translate Japanese, you have to pay attention to the context. The これ has the same meaning as "this" in English, which points to something close from the speaker. Here, she's talking about the muffins or the recipe. The current context. So, since she's talking about that, the rest of the sentence is obvious.

She's thinking about how Eli would/will definitely love this thing she just made. And so, she calls her.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Hell with the translation; the real abortion is that sandwich she made. What the fuck is that? Because it looks like ham, cream cheese, margarine for some unholy reason, and regular cheese. And she thinks it's delicious, the poor girl.

But I'd expect no better of a people who think mayonnaise is a wonderful condiment, either, so.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Sudden mayonnaise slander.

joined Jan 25, 2021

The actual sentence is これエリ絶対好きだわ

Which, if you paid attention to context, means something along the lines of : Eli will definitely love this.

If I break down the sentence, it's:

"これ" = this
"エリ" = Eli
"絶対" = definitely/Absolutely
"好きだ" = Love
"わ" = wa, particle for emphasis (female speak)

When you translate Japanese, you have to pay attention to the context. The これ has the same meaning as "this" in English, which points to something close from the speaker. Here, she's talking about the muffins or the recipe. The current context. So, since she's talking about that, the rest of the sentence is obvious.

She's thinking about how Eli would/will definitely love this thing she just made. And so, she calls her.

Yeah that makes sense. We discussed it internally and came to the same conclusion, so we're on the same page. So to speak. Anyway, we'll publish a corrected version when we get the chance.

Thanks for the breakdown and confirmation!

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Hell with the translation; the real abortion is that sandwich she made. What the fuck is that? Because it looks like ham, cream cheese, margarine for some unholy reason, and regular cheese. And she thinks it's delicious, the poor girl.

But I'd expect no better of a people who think mayonnaise is a wonderful condiment, either, so.

Tha Japanese, like most people's, have issues they mightn't be proud of. Mayonnaise is a new one.

joined Jan 6, 2022

Japanese mayonnaise is very different from western mayo it's actually surprisingly really good

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I would have preferred she loved Eli, but that'd be out of character for her. The credit page is ace, as usual.

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

Someone print a hundred copies of this picture and paste them all over the school.

You are bad. You are right.

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

Listen, I like Virgins' Empire as much as anyone, it's a prettily drawn and charmingly written bit of fluff. But the real reason I get excited when I see a new chapter is it means a new Chads no Teikoku credits page. Those are the real spice I'm looking for in my day!

In all seriousness, thank you so much Chads for all the work over the years (and the consistently hilarious credits pages). You've worked so hard to benefit so many people. You'll always be one of my very favorite scanlation groups.

joined Aug 10, 2014

I love these two so much

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

They're my favorite.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

You are bad. You are right.

I dunno, it might have gap appeal for a lot of people.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Hmm, chapter 268 seems to go to Mini 50 instead?
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch268

joined Jun 28, 2018

Someone done goof'd

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

wasn't this chapter already uploaded?

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

^It was. This is the corrected translation version ie," that Eli, I totally love her " has been corrected to " oh that Eli will totally love this".
Personally I prefer the first version(⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡

last edited at Apr 3, 2023 9:11AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

^It was. This is the corrected translation version ie," that Eli, I totally love her " has been corrected to " oh that Eli will totally love this".
Personally I prefer the first version(⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡

Yeah but it was wrong translation.

To reply you must either login or sign up.