Forum › Anime season

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Ugh that was so fucking cute and so hecking gay, i love it <3 Now here's to hoping they choose to adapt the second half of the novels as a second season as well, nothing would make me happier

Seems it was rather popular from ive heard, so maybe.

Would be nice

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021
Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

MagiRevo ended up delivering on its promise, as perhaps anyone reading the LNs already knew it would.
I found the final episode to be a bit rushed. It appeared that they rapidly went through several chapters worth of content in the span of 20 minutes. The pacing was definitely hurt by it, but I am more than willing to deal with that for getting solid yuri out of a series that had a lot of good things outside of that going for it already.

The direction they took was not ideal, but it was one that solved the problem in the short-term for now. The series is not finished, so a "fix" can still be found. If this was the true ending of the story I would have been sad that it had to come to this, but I look forward to where the novels will go from here. A season 2 would seem far off considering how far the anime got. There is simply not enough content to make one yet.

Regardless, Euphie top is a blessing upon the world.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

The direction they took was not ideal, but it was one that solved the problem in the short-term for now. The series is not finished, so a "fix" can still be found. If this was the true ending of the story I would have been sad that it had to come to this, but I look forward to where the novels will go from here. A season 2 would seem far off considering how far the anime got. There is simply not enough content to make one yet.

Well, I wouldn't say that there's not enough content. The LN's are up to volume 7 (volume 5 is being released in EN later this year) and the first season covered volumes 1-3. So there's content for season 2, so it's more a matter of producing it than waiting for more content.

Yes, definitely yes!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Glad I avoided spoilers. MagiRevo is awesome.
Replayed the kisses a few times

Anis is SUCH a bottom, a cute one tho lol.

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

Well, I wouldn't say that there's not enough content. The LN's are up to volume 7 (volume 5 is being released in EN later this year) and the first season covered volumes 1-3. So there's content for season 2, so it's more a matter of producing it than waiting for more content.

Actually LN6 just came out in January so a S2 would be pretty snug right now. LN4 English drops April 18 (LN5 in August).

I'm sort of conflicted on MagiRevo because the world building isn't its strong suit (and book Anis loves infodumping way, way too much) but I think the anime did end up a bit disjointed from excluding some of it. Focusing on the relationships was still probably the right call though.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Actually LN6 just came out in January so a S2 would be pretty snug right now. LN4 English drops April 18 (LN5 in August).

I'm sort of conflicted on MagiRevo because the world building isn't its strong suit (and book Anis loves infodumping way, way too much) but I think the anime did end up a bit disjointed from excluding some of it. Focusing on the relationships was still probably the right call though.

You’re right, I’m mixing that up. For some reason I had it as 7 in my head.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

New anime, very nice quality and high potential https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dATmG9cF0Do

joined Jan 6, 2017

^I don't like it at all either but I think you missed a couple things. That or the anime did a terrible job explaining it.

1. Euphie is allowed to become the queen because she was adopted by the Royal family, not because she entered a covenant. The reason she needed the spirit covenant is because it legitimatises her adoption. Without it the rest of the nobility would fight about her becoming the heir far more but the covenant puts her above normal nobility because of the significance that those have in their culture due to the 1st king being a covenator.
  2. The reason the 1st covenator isn't ruling anymore is because he's dead. He was killed by Lumielle
joined Jan 6, 2017

DY4Y posted:

1. Euphie is allowed to become the queen because she was adopted by the Royal family, not because she entered a covenant. The reason she needed the spirit covenant is because it legitimatises her adoption. Without it the rest of the nobility would fight about her becoming the heir far more but the covenant puts her above normal nobility because of the significance that those have in their culture due to the 1st king being a covenator.
  2. The reason the 1st covenator isn't ruling anymore is because he's dead. He was killed by Lumielle
  1. Adoption is never once brought up. The contract was brought up specifically as something that allows Euphie become a queen and at best improves her chances to convince nobility to accept Anis's version of magic, because spirits.
  2. Isn't Lumielle the first contractor which is the reason why she's immortal rn and part of Palettia's family (which I was assuming is the reason why being spirit contractor has any ruling claim in the kingdom)?
  1. Well, adoption was very much brought up in the novels. Euphie got adopted after the magic show she and Anis put on so she's actually Anis's little sister in the epilogue where they kiss again.
  2. Lumielle is the 1st king's daughter. The first king was the first covenator but the wish he made to enter said covenant lead to him becoming a monster or whatever (it's been over 3 months since I read it so don't remember it exactly). Lumielle entered her covenant to stop her father iirc
joined Jan 6, 2017

DY4Y posted:

1. Lumielle is the 1st king's daughter. The first king was the first covenator but the wish he made to enter said covenant lead to him becoming a monster or whatever (it's been over 3 months since I read it so don't remember it exactly). Lumielle entered her covenant to stop her father iirc

I see. Tbh I did kinda zone out when she was explaining her backstory and didn't really rewatch it again. I did go to check stuff again right now, so for now what was said in anime about how contract works:

Lumielle: Do you know what does it mean being spirit contractor in this country?
Euphie: By fulfilling a contract with a great spirit of immense power, you represent the authority of the royal family.
Lumielle: That is the legend of the first monarch who founded the Kingdom of Palettia. The one who succeeds in making a contract with a spirit can even start a new royal family. That's right. Even overcoming the legitimate heir to the throne to become a new monarch.

I assume that's the same concept as how monarchies have worked irl as well. A dude claims the monarch has lost their mandate from heaven and then overthrows their dynasty and replaces it with their own. In this case the spirit covenant is the mandate from heaven so technically any covenator could establish a new dynasty if they get enough support from the rest of the nobility (and populace).
Regardless, Euphie still did get adopted. Quoting from the epilogue of the 3rd volume: "After our presentation, the palace had issued a formal announcement that Euphie had become a spirit covenantor and would also be adopted into the royal family. Her name had changed from Euphyllia Magenta to Euphyllia Fez Palettia, and she was now officially a princess."

joined Jan 6, 2017

In the novel at least Lumielle's past was properly told only when she was talking to Anis about it. Chapter 8 to be exact if you wanna try reading it.

“My father wished for the happiness of the people. He wanted to free them from suffering. To that end, he dedicated his soul and became a king who was one with the spirits.” Lumielle paused there, glancing down at her feet to conceal her grief. “Through that covenant, my father drew on the power of the spirits to create magic. In order to increase the number of people capable of wielding magic, the covenant expanded to encompass more individuals. Everyone did their very best to alleviate the hardships endured by their brothers and sisters. Such was the beginning of the royal and noble lineages.”

“You must be able to imagine how I felt as I watched my beloved people succumb to ever greater greed, as my king invaded other countries, annihilating them without so much as raising an eyebrow, never suspecting that he wasn’t acting to secure his people’s happiness. I didn’t question it at first, but that’s what a spirit covenant is. They create monsters blind to everything but the wish that they sought to fulfill.”

“So I destroyed him! My own father! Because I had become convinced that what he was doing was wrong!”

I cut out a lot but that's a fairly good summary.

And with that I'll conclude my explanation because I don't want to open up that book ever again

last edited at Mar 29, 2023 5:08PM

joined Jan 1, 2014

Alice gear really went too far, you can't air this smut on tv.

last edited at Apr 3, 2023 4:29PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Alice Gear should fill the void that Eiyuu-ou, Bu wo Kiwameru never even bothered to fill, such a shame because the manga was pretty neat so far but the anime was so lackluster, the trailed seemed good because they used some cool still poses but it only cared for the action leaving a lot to be desired when it comes to characters interaction, writing, history and the two protagonist were Goku level of good but dumb, major enemies, questions and interesting plot lines were left in the air to face some (again) lackluster last minute out of nowhere enemies and the worst time... absolutely not a single yuri teasing at all, not even subtext, the protagonist kept the same taste from previous life but doesn't care at all now, instead we get 2 brocoms girls, one hyper jealous girl who's as useless as her fiance, the co protagonist shipping his brother and the brother obviously falling for the protagonist and lastly glass guy x dog girl... Come on now.

Sure, it never promised to be yuri, people like me just implied that would be natural considering the situation but damn... Removing the yuri, the subtext, the ecchi fanservice, and the cool monster designs too with generic copy and paste CGI was too much!

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

@DY4Y

The novels were very heavy in info dump-- I personally had to slow down and reread several parts because of that lol. That being said, I'm still hopeful for a season 2. It seems like the directors and story boarders really combed through the novels and tried to be succinct in what to embellish and what to keep from the novels to the anime.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, Birdie Wing S2. Aoi just making immediately sure we know what this whole thing is really about - getting that kiss.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

okay so the OP for Otaku Elf is a straight fuckin' bop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXEpLEK75V8

joined Jan 1, 2014

Heavenly delusions with nameless lesbians.. They are going first, aren't they?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

World Dai Star has me pleasantly surprised and intrigued. I expected standard idol-anime-ish fare but the cute co-protags, snazzy animation and neat twist at the end of ep.1 got my attention.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Kind of an odd season; plenty of yuri and plenty of CGDCT, but not much crossover between the two

G-Witch and Birdie Wing remain as gay as ever, and are fundamentally action series

Yuri is My Job is, of course, an actual yuri series. I think the anime is a bit better than the manga, even after factoring in that it's a bit uglier now(1). The downside being that this is WataYuri, a story about generally unlikable people having uncomfortable relationships with each other

(1) I don't understand why they went with that animation style. They're making it easy to animate at the cost of detail, but it's a dramedy that doesn't need much animation. And the compositing is just bafflingly bad

alice gear aegis Expansion is the crossover point; cute girls being gay. Pity that it's awful

World Dai Star is a technically-not-idol story, and pretty well put together. The promotional material made it look pretty gay, with the emphasis on close dual protagonists. ...It turns out that while they are close, their relationship is significantly odder than the expected quasi-romance. It wouldn't be hugely surprising if some yuri pops up in this one, but at the moment there's no sign of it

Otaku Elf is possibly the best new series of the season. Funny, looks good (an increasingly rare attribute), heartfelt. And unless it diverges significantly from the manga, entirely devoid of romance

Kizuna no Allele is setting up a het romance. Which... why? Even the CGDCT fans that aren't actively hoping for yuri tend to get pissy when dudes show up. And it's not like the show has much hope for other demographics: Ai's not around enough for her fans to be happy(2), general vtuber fans won't appreciate the bizarre way the medium is depicted, romance fans aren't going to have enough to enjoy. I'd say pure idol fans won't necessarily find it off-putting, but it genuinely has the worst music I've encountered in any of these shows

(2)Kizuna Ai doesn't seem to have much in the way of hardcore fans that'll devour anything she's associated with. Unlike pretty much all vtubers that followed her, the way she presented herself discourages parasocial relationships

last edited at Apr 10, 2023 11:00PM

joined Jan 1, 2014

Is that tea dude really a dude? I found kinda hard to tell, but I suppose I can just look up the VA.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The character could potentially be an enby, but the VA is male, at least. ...Non-binary representation would be neat, but not enough to make me want to watch the show

joined Jan 1, 2014

huh, odd. A show with only female characters[aside from him] and its mostly popular[Vtubers] with men. To then give a male love interest..

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Apparently P.A. works is cooking again, I don't know tho https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/929062632382672936/1098046335665569812/20230418_204148-COLLAGE.jpg
Anime: Skip to Loafer

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Didn't really get that kind of feeling from them, but I certainly wouldn't mind if it would actually go there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.