Forum › The Sheep Princess in Wolf's Clothing discussion

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

That's it? Nothing to worry about? What about them making an heir in the future? No problem? The LOVE was the only problem? What? Fluffy yet stupid. Also what's with that sex position?

In fairness, Momo is the youngest child of the family. That makes her, what, 3rd in line for the throne? Unless her two sisters kick the bucket without any heirs, she’s not following her mother’s footsteps. Her marriage would have mostly been for an alliance (and for tradition’s sake), but in this case, the Queen decided that Aki’s plea outweighed the need for to abide by the old customs. It was a bit sudden, but I find it satisfactory enough.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

That's it? Nothing to worry about? What about them making an heir in the future? No problem? The LOVE was the only problem? What? Fluffy yet stupid. Also what's with that sex position?

In fairness, Momo is the youngest child of the family. That makes her, what, 3rd in line for the throne? Unless her two sisters kick the bucket without any heirs, she’s not following her mother’s footsteps. Her marriage would have mostly been for an alliance (and for tradition’s sake), but in this case, the Queen decided that Aki’s plea outweighed the need for to abide by the old customs. It was a bit sudden, but I find it satisfactory enough.

Less Aki's plea and more Momo's happiness I think.

Also, 3rd in line is quite a bigger deal than people make it. It would be a minor thing if she was like 20th or something, 3rd is a bit away from being the heir.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Also, 3rd in line is quite a bigger deal than people make it. It would be a minor thing if she was like 20th or something, 3rd is a bit away from being the heir.

Let’s not forget that it seems same sex royal couples aren’t unheard of in this setting. Kunya-Sama only stopped pursuing Momo because of Aki’s love for her and didn’t want to get in the way. So it was an option for her and it’s entirely possible that Momo would be engaged to Kunya if Aki wasn’t around.

As such, adoption is possible and expected for future heirs if needed. I don’t think it was mentioned, but if her mom had siblings and their kids had kids, then they could adopt from them and still keep the royal line intact.

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 2:07PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This feels like one of those comedy bits where someone shoulder-charges the "locked" door only to have it opened just as they get there.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Ayyyy happy endings all around. I mean, I expected little to no turbulence, but things going this smoothly, and without even pulling any magical royal rabbits out of the commoner hat? Nice. I am a happy boy. I also expected the conversation between Aki and Momo's mother (Momomother?) to be amusing, and Aki getting the queen all flustered was most definitely amusing. Also cute.

Also they boinked! That was floating above the two of them from the beginning and I was hoping that it'd go somewhere, and I am very glad to see it pay off like that. Page 26 focusing on the moon is a cute little detail, big fan.
Also holy shit the extra is so fucking cute.

I guess all's left is the finale to send off the series. Again, kinda bummed as I wanted it to keep going, but alas.

As an aside, the cover page (?)/page 2 is doing things to this one's poor heart.

Fucked up, I guess a sheep a day keeps the scars away.

There's a welsh joke in here that I am not qualified to make. I am sorry.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Queen : There is no need to be bound by old customs, and we didn't even plan to marry her.

Well, looking at how she doesn't give a fuck about being separated from her own lover but now suddenly makes light of it all, it seems like that girl was quite lucky. Queen is a bitch and didn't care about her lover at all.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Queen : There is no need to be bound by old customs, and we didn't even plan to marry her.

Well, looking at how she doesn't give a fuck about being separated from her own lover but now suddenly makes light of it all, it seems like that girl was quite lucky. Queen is a bitch and didn't care about her lover at all.

Looks like we read different mangas so perhaps you got the wrong comment section

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

Exactly, this was weird to me!

joined Oct 16, 2013

I'm bummed we're not going to see the penguin country.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

Looks like we read different mangas so perhaps you got the wrong comment section

I'm with you.

AngelsDoNotCry
Goat-removebg-preview%20(1)%20(2)
joined May 30, 2022

I was expecting fast pace story because there weren't much chapters left but holy heck that dilemma was solved real quickly lol.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

That too.

Although, the 3rd in line, especially in a medieval kingdom, is more a big deal in the, “could spell trouble for the heir apparent” sort of way. In some parts of Europe, for example, the traditional role of the third-in-line would be to join the clergy (disqualifying them from the line of succession). They’re important, sure, but a 3rd child not producing an heir or not marrying for an alliance wouldn’t be too much of an issue for a kingdom in most cases. At least not as much as it would be were they the 2nd child or the heir apparent.

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 5:22PM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

That too.

Although, the 3rd in line, especially in a medieval kingdom, is more a big deal in the, “could spell trouble for the heir apparent” sort of way. In some parts of Europe, for example, the traditional role of the third-in-line would be to join the clergy (disqualifying them from the line of succession). They’re important, sure, but a 3rd child not producing an heir or not marrying for an alliance wouldn’t be too much of an issue for a kingdom in most cases. At least not as much as it would be were they the 2nd child or the heir apparent.

After writing that comment, I ended up downloading epubs for the Forest Kingdom series to reread that, since that starts out with the protagonist sent on a quest to slay a dragon because he is a 2nd son of a king and a potential succession crisis in the making. While it isn't the focus in his books, Simon Green manages to make the romance aspects of his stories pretty compelling.

Also, the Lioness series written by Tamora Pierce starts with and ends with the machinations of Roger of Conte, the king's nephew, wanting to kill his uncle and cousin in such a way that does not connect him to their deaths - because he is the next in line.

What I am trying to hint at with this is "go read a good book ya weebs".

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

That too.

After writing that comment, I ended up downloading epubs for the Forest Kingdom series to reread that, since that starts out with the protagonist sent on a quest to slay a dragon because he is a 2nd son of a king and a potential succession crisis in the making. While it isn't the focus in his books, Simon Green manages to make the romance aspects of his stories pretty compelling.

Also, the Lioness series written by Tamora Pierce starts with and ends with the machinations of Roger of Conte, the king's nephew, wanting to kill his uncle and cousin in such a way that does not connect him to their deaths - because he is the next in line.

What I am trying to hint at with this is "go read a good book ya weebs".

And the reason you whipped out the fantasy novels was?

joined Nov 6, 2021

I love them so much <3

last edited at Mar 22, 2023 10:14PM

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

Yeah i had a feeling this was a test for Aki. The queen isn't stupid, she knew that the note she sent would scare the hell out of her.

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Pretty sure this is the kind of setting where two women could have a biological child with no elaboration on how that works

joined Mar 18, 2023

this was underwhelming yet very much so expected which is boring and infuriating at the same time.

-from the salt monarch of the sodium kingdom moglius

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

this was underwhelming yet very much so expected which is boring and infuriating at the same time.

You are just a beacon of joy, you know that?

joined Feb 10, 2022

...Queen is a bitch and didn't care about her lover at all.

Lmao

joined Feb 10, 2022

Lol were you expecting drama at this point? The whole time has been wholesome. Also I don't see any problem with their position, is there? Can't they make love like that? XF)

Anyway. Hopefully we get to see their wedding next chapter.

Ec324dcc-cdf2-41b8-a84a-08270b64c8bc
joined Feb 20, 2019

My heart is really pounding, too >///<

joined Mar 18, 2023

You are just a beacon of joy, you know that?

but of course,my dear peasant.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Next chapter is the finale???

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Lol, at least they had sex

To reply you must either login or sign up.