Forum › Your Avatar (no not that movie or the tv show)

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

@ Nez - You know it was purposely done!

I quit superhero comics a while ago, but some of the DCAU tie-in stuff still holds up. Especially Batman Adventures. The only superhero comic I was still reading was She-Hulk, but then Marvel cancelled it. That was a good comic.

The DCAU has been the best part about it lol. Same for some of the Marvel stuff as well. If you're interested in a great take on the DC Universe, check out JL8. It's a really fun read.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I used to change avatars a lot, but I am no longer using this site as much since I have pretty much every manga I like downloaded and now I only check the recently added page and images. Oh, and that video game thread if I don't forget about it.

Oddly enough this is the only place where I changed it frequently, usually don't change account avatars at all

Anyways, mine is from an extra artwork by Mekimeki Oukoku. I thought "Why not use an avatar with kissing?" and this one was the first piece that came to mind due to the impresion it left on me, probably my favorite of all the kissing I've seen and it's not even part of a story... it's just an extra artwork it seems. I only remembered how it looked like but not where I saw it... And so I ventured into re-reading anything Nanoha x Fate to find it. (Ofc my time going through those doujins was great, I continued re-reading even after I found it xD)

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

The fact that there's LITERALLY A SLASH in the title makes me laugh. There's no way the writers did that accidentally.

I don't doubt it either, especially considering what is happening with Dick Grayson, the first Robin. Not only is DC embracing the all jokes his first name just begs for, there was Midnighter's recent appearance. Long story short Dick is now a secret double-agent whose face can't be seen by anyone outside the spy organization. Midnighter is a gay Batman analogue that was part of another company that got absorbed by DC. Midnighter figured who Dick was because he could never forget his ass.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The fact that there's LITERALLY A SLASH in the title makes me laugh. There's no way the writers did that accidentally.

I don't doubt it either, especially considering what is happening with Dick Grayson, the first Robin. Not only is DC embracing the all jokes his first name just begs for, there was Midnighter's recent appearance. Long story short Dick is now a secret double-agent whose face can't be seen by anyone outside the spy organization. Midnighter is a gay Batman analogue that was part of another company that got absorbed by DC. Midnighter figured who Dick was because he could never forget his ass.

Dick Grayson's long been known for having the best ass in the DCU, although Booster Gold had his moments. Most of the writers and artists over the years have been happy to show this fact off.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

A panther from FFT,because chocobos are too mainstream

candy76041820
%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Doujin: Vocaloid Pairing: Luka x Miku Yuri
_
And now I'm wondering when would K9 appear.

Yuri is the best
Sans-titre
joined Oct 3, 2014

Mine is Ken Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul,

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Mine is my eternal waifu, the X-02 Wyvern, one of the original planes for Ace Combat
But seeing how many avatars i've had around here i wonder how long this one will last

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That's remind me that I heard rumors about the writer wanting to start RH/Arsenal with a bang by having them playing a gay couple to get at a crime lord. :P

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

My avatar was Rena from Onaji, http://mattwilson83.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=onaji&offset=24, and now is Ryuji from Darwin's Game.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

and now is Ryuji from Darwin's Game.

I've gotten rather addicted to that manga. I didn't expect Ryuji to look like he did when he removed the mask. The translated versions are a bit aways from the raws, so I end up forgetting about it and coming back to it after a couple more chapters are out. (And it's so script heavy that it's impossible to read the raws and understand anything...well, for me anyways lol).

joined Nov 30, 2011

Now I'm interested in this, Darwin's Game. Gonna have to check it out (and probably add it to my growing list of mangas I'm currently reading lol).

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

Darwin's Game kind of surprised me as it was a lot better than I expected, especially because the main character don't act like your typical retarded shounen hero, and the fact that for now all main girls are loli, yay.

Although you two probably know some of them, here link for some other mangas that I'm reading.

I just hope the moderators don't edit my comment because I used links from Mangahere, I know a lot of people don't like that reader, but the Tsukkomis make it worth reading there...

[Mangahere links removed per forum rules]

Recently was also uploaded on Mangahere Their Story and 19 Days, can't wait for them to have more Tsukkomis...

Also, could one of the moderators tell me if 19 Days will ever be uploaded here? It's translated by Yaoi-blcd, although it's not as good and don't have any romance yet, I can't help but feel that it's basically a shounen-ai version of Their Story.

last edited at Mar 3, 2016 8:45AM by Nezchan

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I change mine often but my current one(here) Yuzu x Masumi from Yu-gi-oh! Arc-V I never thought I would have a yuri-ship in yugioh XD I think I'll change it later this week to another Lustershipping pic...oh right Arc-v was kind enough to give us Elsanna's daughter too! I recommend at least ep 29 even if you don't care for the card game(you can read a wikia for context).
Past avatars include characters from: Kid Icarus, Fire emblem, Lyrical Nanoha, Strike witches, Legend of Zelda, Saki, Kin-iro mosaic, Love live and the list will continue to grow =D

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I read this question, then got sad. Because it mentioned reading the story, which I want to do, except, it's not translated yet. It's a Code Geass spin off, so you would think someone would be interested in it, but no, I have to struggle through with hiragana and katakana charts and a kanji dictionary. And it makes no sense. I have a friend who advised me to translate into German first, I hope that'll help.

(I believe replying to this thread with your avatar origin should be mandatory! I hate how often I find myself wondering where they came from.)

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 6:19AM

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

Mine is still my OC, King Jaggyd, drawn by yours truly.

I was originally going to use, photobomb Kotori, but someone else was using her.

last edited at Mar 23, 2015 3:46AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Mine is part of an artwork from Kurogane Ken that was used to illustrate a cover, think it was one tsubomi, because I love the artstyle of that mangaka ^^

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

I finally settled on Saionji Hiyoko from Super Danganronpa 2. Everyone seems to hate her but I like her personality which is almost as twisted as my own, I guess?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Mine, as most here will probably recognise, is from Sakura trick..

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 4:37PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Mine is Nameless Clerk Guy from Their Story. Before that I had Shuninta's "I love you so much I want to fuck your brains out" scene.

Also, could one of the moderators tell me if 19 Days will ever be uploaded here? It's translated by Yaoi-blcd, although it's not as good and don't have any romance yet, I can't help but feel that it's basically a shounen-ai version of Their Story.

19 days actually looks really interesting. I only read 2 or 3 strips when looking for Their Story but it seems pretty funny. Don't think you can compare it to Their Story though, 19 Days is a little less... innocent? I guess that word works.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Maybe it's because I'm not too active in these forums(though I do follow along), but I've never had the urge to change my avatar from Cirno and Reimu since I set it(meanwhile, I've changed it constantly elsewhere). Sadly, it looks like that series has been abandoned.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Thiaguinho-sama

Although you two probably know some of them, here link for some other mangas that I'm reading.

Omg, I don't know whether or not to be grateful or miffed...I'd heard of a couple of them before (Arachnid, Black Rock Shooter, Area D) and some weren't my cup of tea, but I spent most of last night (read: 4 hours...which left me up until past 4 am) binge reading some of the others that you brought to my attention haha. Mahou Shoujo of the End, Mahou Shoujo, Caterpillar, and Tenkuu Shinpan I'm all caught up on now and eagerly/impatiently waiting the rest. orz

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

Thiaguinho-sama

Omg, I don't know whether or not to be grateful or miffed...I'd heard of a couple of them before (Arachnid, Black Rock Shooter, Area D) and some weren't my cup of tea, but I spent most of last night (read: 4 hours...which left me up until past 4 am) binge reading some of the others that you brought to my attention haha. Mahou Shoujo of the End, Mahou Shoujo, Caterpillar, and Tenkuu Shinpan I'm all caught up on now and eagerly/impatiently waiting the rest. orz

I recomend having a look at things that you already read, like Citrus, Monster Musume and Yurika Campus Life for example, just for the tsukkomis, if you want there is more manga that I recomend reading but I forgot to put link for them, do you want them?

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

JOIN US GNOW AND SHARE THE SOFTWARE
YOU'LL BE FREE HACKER SYOU'LL BE FREEEEEEEE

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

JOIN US GNOW AND SHARE THE SOFTWARE
YOU'LL BE FREE HACKER SYOU'LL BE FREEEEEEEE

Does that mean you also want the links...? Is that a reference to a movie or something like that?

Anyway, here two that I forgot.

I'm at work right now so I'm can't search for the rest of the links as I don't remember their names, but in ten hours when I get home I put more of them.

last edited at Mar 3, 2016 8:44AM by Nezchan

To reply you must either login or sign up.