Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Shipping Kosuzume-sensei and her editor is wrong. :-(

hahahaha I will try not to.....

I was also oddly confused by my feelings in that afterward.

No, Kosuzume-san, don't do it!
You can't dump your rich and generous husband for some lady editor!
Remember he's the father of your children!

I don't know if you realize it but "think of the children" is a favorite line of the male-controlled establishment. It's the number one shitty line they tell a woman to guilt-trip her into not leaving an unhappy bond. I know you were joking but the joke is in bad taste.

Woman tell that to their husbands too

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Interesting tidbit about Makino's past. It doesn't really change the general inexcusability of her behavior, but it's nice to know that it didn't come out of nowhere or from her family, and that the "inferiority compared to her sister" of the first chapter was as fake as it looked. If she's been ostracized for her whole high school life, it's hardly surprising that she didn't have much motivation to get into college afterward.

Kinda ironic that she disliked being judged from her looks, but then did exactly that, and only learned about Satou on a personal level over time. Yet again, very fitting for her personality, and the usual story of "I've been hurt, so I'll make sure no one else goes through this because of me" is a naively optimistic take. Makes sense that treating someone badly leads them to treating others badly, too.

Not-so-useless manga character confessing in public : happy fangirling noises

Not-so-useless manga author confessing in credits page : confused fangirling noises

Your comment confuses me, Scummy very much have been repeatedly called inferior to her sister by her parents. The fact that her social life was a disaster too doesn't mean it has to be one or the other. There hasn't been any judging someone by their looks, Scummy was desired by the boys for her looks, she was hated by the girls for the attention she was getting, she grew fond of Mashiro because she functioned as a safe space for her and concequently fell in love with her because she is lonely and suddenly had someone she was intimate and relaxed with.

Scummy is judgemental and not socially adept due to her hard life which means that she isn't acing supporting Mashiro, but it's not like you would ever have expected her to be at all smooth at that role. Her heart is in the right place.

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

Return? But... had she ever left?

Hahahaha I wondered the same thing! What return??? Makino's kept being scummy around the clock!!! She's like a scum machine, she just doesn't stop!!! And what she did to Mashiro in the chapter before this–hurting her feelings only because she was horny? New scummy record!

Wtf return, she can't return if she's already here and doing her best!!

No but thinking again I believe it means the return of Rina. ;P

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

^^^^^^^^
Guys, Rina-Rina is the Scumbag who’s returning for sure.
Now I wonder… Will she become Makino’s friend? Be 100% an antagonist? Will she bring up the “why don’t you do it with me since we can’t have Maron” idea? Will it be a scumbag “love” triangle between Mashiro, Makino and the pyscho?

last edited at Mar 4, 2023 9:40PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

^^^^^^^^
Guys, Rina-Rina is the Scumbag who’s returning for sure.
Now I wonder… Will she become Makino’s friend? Be 100% an antagonist? Will she bring up the “why don’t you do it with me since we can’t have Maron” idea? Will it be a scumbag “love” triangle between Mashiro, Makino and the pyscho?

I'd like to throw my monopoly money down on the incredibly unlikely idea that they'll suddenly have a threesome.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

I don't know if you realize it but "think of the children" is a favorite line of the male-controlled establishment. It's the number one shitty line they tell a woman to guilt-trip her into not leaving an unhappy bond. I know you were joking but the joke is in bad taste.

"That's what she said...before she took the kids."

Lindybiege also had that phrase as the safety phrase everyone at the large scale interwar period real life roleplay would use should things get a little too heated.

Putting the stick in the mud that's also in your arse aside with extra cleaning fluids,damn Ko Suzume,your rejected proposal about desiring hired woman got picked up by an editor you now desire as you raise another sweet lil baby,definitely going to have a new series about going after editors.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Has Kosuzume ever mentioned her husband before? I went back and read all her afterward messages because I was curious, but I couldn't find a single trace of him.

joined Feb 1, 2021

I'm sorry but Kaoru-tan is 100% going to get stabbed

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Sigh every time I think Makino might want to start changing she just gets slightly scummier.

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

Mashiro is going to Dword if makino don't stop being a scumbag
Poor girl, she just want a friend :(

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Scummy really needs to rant!
If the status "Friend" has such an uneasy connotation with her then she needs to get that off her chest, in front of Mashiro

joined Aug 11, 2022

Yeah the commentator who said something about the author husband being rich...they are either delusional or they either saw a post on twitter[bunch of crazy people there but might be a source of info] about it/internet info cuz there is not afterword about her husband at all (She mention her children though). So unless the translator cut out the afterword notes from chapter 1-10 then there is basically no info on the husband unless you found that info about the husband being rich from Twitter or other sources which you can hopefully back up please and thank you.

[List of summary of afterword note from author(for those with bad memory or want to look and read)]
She only mention about the new work environment, getting the vaccine, road rage incident where she called the police and her grandma. ch.11-Name reference, ch.12-needing a rest for the month, ch.13- author talked about Alma mater(college attended) and school life. ch.14-flu shot. ch.15-heated floor. ch.-16 talking about rice.ch. 17-happy new year note, ch.18-travel and gain tiny bit more weight. ch.19-japanese sweets. ch.20- talking about her young son. ch.21-brought son a video game to stay inside house. ch.22-new character/landmine.
ch.23-bad haircut? ch.24-kindergarten get together ch. 25-horse girl gacha??? ch.26-third vaccine shot. ch.27- she going to give birth for a bit. ch.28-new baby born. Doing well and working on the manuscript ch. 29- housework and children raising like hobby for her. ch.30- Whole family caught RS virus?? ch.31- traveling ch.32-fireworks ch.33-lightning hit house/near it? ch.34- none, author ask if anyone question. ch.35- rough draft and work process.
ch.36-original character design, first yuri manga and types she likes(pretty girls). ch.37- tips on character designs.
ch.38-favorite yuri situation/pairing. ch.39- answering comments, book forms/digitals.ch.40-image previews for next chapter. ch.41- favorite character? ch.42-preview text and image. 43- Yuri tease with Editor that is a cute yuri loving girl?? ch.44- another preview.

MC...you need to takes things slower and communicate better..I understand you want to move from friend to lover stage...but control your lust girl...your waifu/future wife is in a currently unstable mental state...you got to reassure her and keep her healthy....then you can start being scummy and seducing her XD

last edited at Mar 16, 2023 3:48AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Scummy really needs to rant!
If the status "Friend" has such an uneasy connotation with her then she needs to get that off her chest, in front of Mashiro

True, true.
They could bond over both being socially awkward and bad at friendship.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

I'm sorry but Kaoru-tan is 100% going to get stabbed

Or destitute herself with her prostitute addiction. Either way, it will be cause for much celebration when it happens. Girl is nuttier than a bowl of cashews.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Has Kosuzume ever mentioned her husband before? I went back and read all her afterward messages because I was curious, but I couldn't find a single trace of him.

Considering she was pregnant and had kids before hand too,there's at least one husband.

Might be a current boyfriend and the newest kid is from said boyfriend,with the other kids from a husband prior..

No real confirmation to speak of.

As for the guy who is butt hurt about mentions that the husband is generous and rich,it feels like jealously...

Chistaki
joined Jan 10, 2023

CAN SHE PLEASE STOP BEING SUCH A DIRT BAG!!!

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

maybe her parents were right

joined May 24, 2014

CAN SHE PLEASE STOP BEING SUCH A DIRT BAG!!!

That's literally the tittle of this manga.

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

Considering she was pregnant and had kids before hand too,there's at least one husband.

Might be a current boyfriend and the newest kid is from said boyfriend,with the other kids from a husband prior..

No real confirmation to speak of.

As for the guy who is butt hurt about mentions that the husband is generous and rich,it feels like jealously...

In short, you have no idea lol. Assuming someone has/had a husband just based on having kids is a big oof.

Anyways Author is doing an excellent job making the MC unlikable XD

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

Oof. That was a very bad move. Scammy-chan really working hard to justify her title, ganbatte~!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Her parents are, from what we can tell, useless parents

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Tangentially related: If two useless lesbians have a kid, will they automatically be useless parents?

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

Tangentially related: If two useless lesbians have a kid, will they automatically be useless parents?

Hmm... if useless lesbians are lesbians who can't manage to have sex with each other, then for them to become useless parents must mean that they keep failing at having sex with their kid? :)

last edited at Mar 16, 2023 3:36PM

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

i dont know how it would happen but i kinda want to see makino dom the shit out of rina

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

Hmm... if useless lesbians are lesbians who can't manage to have sex with each other, then for them to become useless parents must mean that they keep failing at having sex with their kid? :)

Sounds to me like the plot for Itou Hachi's new furryverse piece. The sheep lady marries the roe lady and they adopt a little wolf girl. They both want to do xxx with their kid but since they are both naturally timid they keep messing up and fail all the time. Then the little wolf girl realizes nothing's gonna happen unless she takes the initiative, so she naturally tops her two mommies and shags them like the apex predator she is!

... Damn, now I really want to read this thing. >_<

To reply you must either login or sign up.