Forum › Yuri Kuma Arashi discussion

I prefer the anime,because I love the confusion and I really miss the Yuri court here.(Shabadadoo~ ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ)I mean...Student Council?!NO just no. -_-

joined Aug 19, 2012

did they swap some gender in anime and manga?

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_kuma_arashi_ch03#17
"I'll satisfy this lecher's carnal desires so that he'll not go after my girlfriend"
I've never seen this kind of deal work out in yuri's favour. Either it'll get resolved/rebuked in next 1-2 chapters, or it'll ruin whole manga.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_kuma_arashi_ch03#17
"I'll satisfy this lecher's carnal desires so that he'll not go after my girlfriend"
I've never seen this kind of deal work out in yuri's favour. Either it'll get resolved/rebuked in next 1-2 chapters, or it'll ruin whole manga.

Well, at this point we don't know if he's actually done anything, or even will do anything. But the fact that she offered herself up as sacrifice is significant.

Of course if the Student Council actually is putting events into motion then the whole situation changes. Especially if the womanizing is a front.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

why is it im having a better feeling about the anime which i hate than the oncoming storm of the next few chapters?

I guess you just don't like drama ? or you're more like me, I hate misunderstandings that leads to drama and when is a cliche confusion uugghhh ... The anime is too bizzarre to have those romantic cliche.

oh no i like drama i just hate drama that has no purpose or gets way too overblown.
Thats the main thing im fearing here.

last edited at Feb 27, 2015 4:20PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It's always possible this is just a monumental troll. I find myself wondering if despite the extremely pointed cues, the thing she's offering herself up for that he knows exactly what she means will turn out to be Not That At All, where do you people get your Dirty Minds?

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

So quick question: are the manga and the anime two different creatures? Since I have been avoiding the anime since I didn't want to ruin the manga for myself.

As for the manga, everything just feels so vague. Are bears meant to be a metaphor for love/sex? Is dream Ginko trying to tell Kureha that you don't have to be afraid of bears so long as you love the type of bear that "eats" you? I am interested in reading more since I am so damn confused.

Also I don't like even like the implied suggestion of Ginko offering herself to the student council president. Ginko just got Kureha to open up top the world. How well does Ginko think Kureha would do if she found out. You may win a battle but you could lose the war as a result.

last edited at Feb 27, 2015 6:12PM

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

mygawd, updaaaate! yay! but man, Ginko... awww.... to do anything so you can protect your girl huh...I hope update soon :v

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

Yes they are.

Thank you... I think. I just watched the first episode...

What did I watch? Is this what people are going think yuri is about? And why the killing? Why couldn't they just have story about two people who love so much they are willing to go against all the bullshit society puts in place to stop them because it goes against the norm. That is why I read yuri, for stories about love, longing, lose, romance, desire and lust. Not this deep abstraction that just makes the director seem like he is making it solely to be asked what it all means. Sorry for the diversion, that just boggled my mind.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Morishima, I am disappoint.

What did I watch? Is this what people are going think yuri is about? And why the killing? Why couldn't they just have story about two people who love so much they are willing to go against all the bullshit society puts in place to stop them because it goes against the norm. That is why I read yuri, for stories about love, longing, lose, romance, desire and lust. Not this deep abstraction that just makes the director seem like he is making it solely to be asked what it all means. Sorry for the diversion, that just boggled my mind.

It's Ikuhara. I take it you've never seen Utena?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Morishima, I am disappoint.

Far as I am aware, she only did the character designs, then both she and Ikuhara used them and the basic concept and used them on otherwise unrelated series.

So don't be disappointed in Morishima for the anime, unless I suppose you don't like her designs.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Thank you... I think. I just watched the first episode...

Ok you should go watch "revolutionary girl utena"

and on a side note, freudian psychology ish super sexxy! Yesh I agree

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

bites lip
http://i.imgur.com/Lrb8od9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/t5Wdt83.jpg
Edit: Aah but this belongs to the anime instead ._.

last edited at Feb 28, 2015 9:48AM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

So don't be disappointed in Morishima for the anime, unless I suppose you don't like her designs.

Unfortunately, what I'm disappointed in is Ginko's "deal" in chapter 3 of the manga. I think it's a nasty implication, especially given Morishima's own reaction to what happened in Utena with Akio.

joined May 23, 2013

Ikuhara you should have just let morishima do her thang. She's good at stories. She would have come out with a better concept. Her character dynamics are impressive. Let her work it out.

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

It's Ikuhara. I take it you've never seen Utena?

I have never seen it but I do remember hearing a lot about especially during my early days on the net. That was mainly due to me trying to find out any information about Sailor Moon. I also remember seeing a video on Adolescence of Utena, which kinda killed my interest in the regular series. If I can at some point pick up the series for cheap maybe then.

Anyway as for this beast. I want to support it. I want to support so more yuri can get made. I am not sure about everyone else, but I love yuri since it offers something I can't really find anywhere else. It makes me feel like despite everything it is still possible to be truly in love, the rest of the world be damn. With this there is just this feeling that what I am watching is just mean spirited.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

It makes me feel like despite everything it is still possible to be truly in love, the rest of the world be damn. With this there is just this feeling that what I am watching is just mean spirited.

I won't say much since this is now the manga thread but the idea of true love versus society is exactly what YKA is addressing.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

hmm...this is very different and I have to say it's easier to get into than the anime but I shouldn't really said that only 3 chapters in.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

isn't utena more about transgender than yuri?

joined Jul 2, 2013

Utena is about a lot of things. Ikuhara seems to always want to cram his convoluted brain into whatever show he directs.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's mostly about how no matter what your sexual orientation, you're still going to eventually make out with Akio.

Shingeki.no.kyojin.full.1508027
joined Aug 20, 2013

It's mostly about how no matter what your sexual orientation, you're still going to eventually make out with Akio.

lol your comment is soooo true xDD !!

joined Jul 8, 2013

sigh Really can't win when it comes to this series, can I? Well I really hope that Ginko doesn't ACTUALLY become this guy's sex friend.

last edited at Mar 2, 2015 7:26PM

joined Jul 2, 2013

Let us address the most important question of all. Who's more fabulous

Akio

Sanetoshi

or Life Sexy?

First_trip
joined Jan 17, 2015

I don't understand? I really have no idea what you guys are talking about lol I haven't watch the anime and that Uten anime lol
So i'm gonna wait for more tranlation lol
BTW The translation team's name was hillarious =))

To reply you must either login or sign up.