Forum › Yuri Kuma Arashi discussion

joined Jul 8, 2013

Lesbears OP (watch it while it lasts!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64AbgBKTUGQ

What the hell did I just watch?

Also reports says that around the 17 minute mark, the show becomes a MASSIVE acid trip.

Why am I crying? Why is this so cute...aaaahh

"J'ai besoin de toi" at the end, do you hear it too?

Died from overload cuteness already

I didn't heard that, I wouldn't have noticed by myself but it's clearly what she says. It may be the first french line that doesn't feel weird in an anime/opening x)

I wouldn't mind having the french link x)

TBH I don't know if you've ever seen Nodame Cantabile (a great straight romance series btw) but one it's openings in one of the series is called "Tokyo et Paris" and let me just say, almost the entire opening through it is pretty difficult to tell what language they're singing in. I downloaded the actual song and I still struggle sometimes lol.

last edited at Jan 12, 2015 6:39PM

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

I have nothing to say in defense of this anime, I am now going to watch the episodes in "just because" mode...

Recycling animation never works btw

Indeed, it smells like Utena.
Even the sounds effect based on specific situations.
Same for Penguindrum and the phone's ringtone, if I am correct.

Beyond this. I find the whole show disturbing.
The way the voice actresses do their job even freaked me out:
(some voice's tone and modulation are sometime totally out of the place, and it is definitely made on purpose).
Even the use of silence surprised me: In a yuri anime, using silence to stress the tension in the atmosphere...I've never seen that before.

By the way, if we are careful enough, we will realise that it's always during the sexy scenes that the characters say something important about what's going on.

last edited at Jan 13, 2015 5:24AM

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Also reports says that around the 17 minute mark, the show becomes a MASSIVE acid trip.

I didn't heard that, I wouldn't have noticed by myself but it's clearly what she says. It may be the first french line that doesn't feel weird in an anime/opening x)

TBH I don't know if you've ever seen Nodame Cantabile (a great straight romance series btw) but one it's openings in one of the series is called "Tokyo et Paris" and let me just say, almost the entire opening through it is pretty difficult to tell what language they're singing in. I downloaded the actual song and I still struggle sometimes lol.

Have just checked on youtube.
If I can allow myself to answer : it's in French sang by a french girl with a parisian accent.
:)

Ps: If somebody finds out that the girl is Japanese, then I would be really impressed: to speak French so well with no foreign accent is incredible.

last edited at Jan 12, 2015 6:56PM

joined Jul 8, 2013

If I can allow myself to answer : it's in French sang by a french girl with a parisian accent.

Ps: If somebody finds out that the girl is Japanese, then I would be really impressed: to speak French so well with no foreign accent is incredible.

Yeah once you learn japanese and french (in my case, i learned japanese and am currently learning french) it becomes a little easier lol. Although I would've sworn the singer was japanese. She doesn't sound like your typical french woman. But i remember when I didn't know either language I found myself at some parts like "WTF IS THIS LANGUAGE" lol.

last edited at Jan 12, 2015 7:01PM

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

KUMA SHOOOCK!!!!
this is so good, I can't even!.. GAO GAO!!!
Anyways, it seems after two episodes and one week of heavy analysis I understand the show, its theme and the plot pretty well. Ask your questions, if anything's LOL unclear. I'll try to answer, one by one.

I want to hear you out.
Everything. Every burning thoughts you think can be shared.
Cuz, I am confused now... (even if, I must say, I kind of love this state of confusion)

Read this blog entry. Despite it's based on ep.1, it's still mostly correct. And I'll keep posting my thoughts after every episode. As long as there's anything to add. But I'm pretty sure there will be ^_^ The previous entry could be an interesting read too, but it's far less precise as I posted it without even watching ep.1 - purely based on two manga chapters, some rumours, and analysis of Ikuhara's tropes and influences.

That is just. Amazing.
You made me lose my words.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Read this blog entry. Despite it's based on ep.1, it's still mostly correct. And I'll keep posting my thoughts after every episode. As long as there's anything to add. But I'm pretty sure there will be ^_^ The previous entry could be an interesting read too, but it's far less precise as I posted it without even watching ep.1 - purely based on two manga chapters, some rumours, and analysis of Ikuhara's tropes and influences.

That is just. Amazing.
You made me lose my words.

^ Have to agree, that's some great stuff. I'm having a good time with the show as well, this season is turning out pretty solid.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Anyone noticed the necklace that kureha's mom is wearing in the photograph?

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

So... how about them bears..? xD

Kureha must have gone to the Stormtropper School of Marksmanship...

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Could someone explain me? For some reason I think I saw it somewhere before, but even after rechecking all episodes I don't understand why.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Could someone explain me? For some reason I think I saw it somewhere before, but even after rechecking all episodes I don't understand why.

It's the same one Ginko is wearing.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Je me suis toujours demandé, a quoi ça ressemble un accent parisien ? Je suis parisien moi meme donc j'ai jamais compris ce qui faisait parisien dans ma façon de parler x)
Dans cet opening tout ce que j'entend c'est une française

Yeah I don't think she's japanese (or at least she have two native language), I've heard japanese people who were great in french speaking and you still can tell they are japanese

For the necklace, well we already knew that Ginko and Kureha probably knew each other were they were kids (No ? ...at least I read it somewhere)

last edited at Jan 13, 2015 4:31AM

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

It's the same one Ginko is wearing.

Ohhh, then... it may explain why Ginko knows her smell...and said she has been looking for her.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Nope, she's French. http://www.solita-web.com/main.html
First line of the Biography section says born and lives in Paris (but this is from like 5+ years ago so idk if she's still there or in Japan now or something; either way though...). I also think she says it in the video on the home page.

Since we're talking music here, the artist for the opening of Yuri Kuma is "bonjour suzuki" if you happen to like that music: official site soundcloud
I'm personally not that big a fan of the "not quite singing" style of most of the song, but whatever. It's not entirely unpleasant.

last edited at Jan 13, 2015 4:55AM

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Nope, she's French. http://www.solita-web.com/main.html
First line of the Biography section says born and lives in Paris (but this is from like 5+ years ago so idk if she's still there or in Japan now or something; either way though...). I also think she says it in the video on the home page.

Oh wow, so I wasn't that wrong about the fact that she may be from Paris.

Je me suis toujours demandé, a quoi ça ressemble un accent parisien ?

Hmmm, it's really a personal point of view, but it's only in Paris I heard women speaking with such intonations and "affected" kind of way.
A bit complicated to explain, but I think it has something to do with where they place their voice when they pronounce:"é" and "i" for example.

Yuri Kuma - here's an interesting MAD I've just found:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25311451
Definitely taking you to a part of Ikuhara's world :)

Waiting for the tomboy girl to finally get into the story!

last edited at Jan 13, 2015 5:28AM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

haha! that's so well done!!! awesome!!

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Hmmm, it's really a personal point of view, but it's only in Paris I heard women speaking with such intonations and "affected" kind of way.
A bit complicated to explain, but I think it has something to do with where they place their voice when they pronounce:"é" and "i" for example.

Waiting for the tomboy girl to finally get into the story!

Parisian must not have good hears, we are the only one who don't notice this accent x)

Look like I wasn't the only one who found similarities between Arakawa Under the Bridge's opening and Yuri Kuma

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

I just saw the 2nd ep.

at the first half, it started to get a little more sense, when it got to the trial, it just threw that little sense that just got, and by the time that the ending came, i was "GODDAMMIT (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ "

So, i'm still a little lost on the story, hope we can understand more with the next episode, at least the manga is more easy to get along

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ Right I'm kinda getting into it but the acid trips really throw me off -_- also wtf is this "harem"? also lots of tragedy holy shit so much death

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

Hey, i just came with a theory what if the principal/teacher (i don't know what she is) is a bear, but not just a bear, is the bear that ate kureha's mom

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Hey, i just came with a theory what if the principal/teacher (i don't know what she is) is a bear, but not just a bear, is the bear that ate kureha's mom

even though she has yuri in her name, i dont think the teacher (yuriika) is a bear. reason for that being that all the bears have yuri written as 百合 while the teacher's name is written with ユリー. there might be some significance in the reason why the bear names use 百合 but the teacher, the yuri court, and the title of the show use ユリ.

however, there seems to be similar themes/situations between YKA and Penguindrum. and because these similarities exist, i also think that yuriika killed kureha's mom (reia). its kinda similar to the situation in penguindrum where spoilers for penguindrum Yuri's jilted lover from the acting troupe stabbed Tabuki in the abandoned restaurant. end spoilers so i think that reia and yuriika had a thing going on, but yuriika had her heart broken in a cruel fashion. after all, reia had to get pregnant somehow. yuriika lost it, and if she cant have reia, no one can.

YKA is based on the Sankebetsu brown bear incident. one of the victims was a pregnant women who ended up begging the bear to eat her head in an attempt to save her child. i think kureha's family situation is meant as a reference to this incident. because whenever kureha gets knocked into yuri court by the bears, she falls while in the fetal position.

because of this, i believe the weapon yuriika used to kill reia is bear gingko. during the attack, reia begged gingko to spare her child (kureha), and she does. gingko keeps reia's choker because it reminds her of how delicious reia was and hopes that kureha tastes the same. yuriika ends up caring about kureha because even though reia broke her heart, yuriika still loves reia and kureha is the last connection she has to reia.

that connection would make another parallel spoilers for penguindrum between yuriika and yuri. yuriika cares for kureha because she reminds her of reia. similarly, yuri cares for ringo because she reminds her of momoka. end spoilers

hell, im starting to think yuriika is the mastermind behind everything. the name show and the yuri court have her name in it. she uses her court to see if the girls have the same feelings she had for reia and uses the invisible storm to deny them what the world denied her. and there's the birds on the railings that always go in the direction against the way people are walking matching the bird pin yuriika has on her collar and the bird/lily tile design.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Despite the anime being so strange. I can't wait for the next episode because they might come out with a real plot that we understand. I was pretty pissed for a good 10 min about how I didn't understand the plot and not being the same as the Manga. Either way I realized that the Anime still has so many episodes to go and we'll probably get a better plot if we pay attention to the little metaphors and details. Can I say this reminded me of madoka magica and "ME! ME! ME! "?
Also now growl and shock will be my new thing to shout at school tomorrow.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

^
Here some training if you want to master the "gao gao" mania:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25339601

last edited at Jan 23, 2015 3:39PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Tidbits of an interview with Ikuhara and Morishima

http://softkakumei.tumblr.com/post/108899102728/im-skimming-through-the-starting-guide-the

Pretty good read.

last edited at Jan 24, 2015 1:46AM

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Tidbits of an interview with Ikuhara and Morishima

http://softkakumei.tumblr.com/post/108899102728/im-skimming-through-the-starting-guide-the

Pretty good read.

Really interesting! Thkx for that ~
Do you know where does the interview come from ?
(DVD, magazine...?)

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

From the series artbook IIRC

To reply you must either login or sign up.