Forum › A Monster Wants to Eat Me discussion

joined Oct 20, 2022

I am at 26.2 (anthology raw) , so 8 chapters ahead of you guys. Just want to inform you all that volume 5 is out, so go get it to support the artist.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Effects of mermaid blood. And looks like Shiori really has no plans whatsoever to eat her, considering that comment about the taste of a monster's own blood.

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Maybe Shiori plans to eat her in a kinky way after all

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Looks like the jig is up. No more pretending that she wants to eat the tasty human and all that lol

joined Oct 2, 2021

No more pretending is right, Shiori definitely wants to eat ( out) Hinako

last edited at Jan 24, 2023 9:48AM

20220308_002456
joined Mar 8, 2022

I swear I've read the past few chapters already

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Aww so Shiori really does just want to protect and love Hinako. Well that all but confirms it can't wait until she confronts her on this.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I swear I've read the past few chapters already

That's because someone sniped it on mangadex, although they didn't do too many chapters

last edited at Jan 24, 2023 10:39AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The things you notice when re-reading a series. Like Miko being a fox foreshadowed in chapter 6. :D Always love it when an author manages to work in details like this that at first just seem like your usual clever bits to illustrate the situation, but in hindsight are the actual truth of the matter.

joined Oct 10, 2016

My question for all of this is

If Shiori killed Hinako's family and Miko knew damn well about it, why didn't she do anything, unless the "I HATE YUO MERMIAD" thing is a play and Miko also wanted Hinako's family dead

Idfk given there are at least two more volumes at work it's a doozy

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

If Shiori killed Hinako's family and Miko knew damn well about it, why didn't she do anything, unless the "I HATE YUO MERMIAD" thing is a play and Miko also wanted Hinako's family dead

How did you get to the conclusion that Shiori killed her family? If anything, it is likely that she saved her from dying.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Mawile here to mess with your plans

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Funny you say that bc she actually did not had in mind that intention at all, in fact she was also surprised that they got into accident and prayed that Hinako would survive bc the blood she gave her didnt do miracles or granted immortality like the flesh

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

If Ayame didn't really die, why did the humans still forget she existed?

joined Oct 10, 2016

How did you get to the conclusion that Shiori killed her family? If anything, it is likely that she saved her from dying.

Cuz idk, she's here to finish the job? Maybe Hinako's surviving was a mistake but Hinako turned it into "I shall consume you in the future... Grow well, my food" thing.

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

If Ayame didn't really die, why did the humans still forget she existed?

her host body died im guessing

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

xD ahahaha, that credit page!

Yo, eat her up! Eat her aaaaall up Shiori-san! Stop playing the guilt trip game already, you lost!

last edited at Jan 25, 2023 7:12PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

The facade is crumbling.

Also is it just me or is Temp late with the in-depth analysis?

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I'm done with 26 raw. Anyone knows which page chapter 27 is in 電撃マオウ March Issue? I have no idea why the anthology has over 600 pages but there is no index???? ^^;;;;

Edit Oh never mind I found it, 電撃マオウ 2023 March page 437
PS chapter 26 is in page 275 of the February issue.

last edited at Feb 2, 2023 8:50AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So looks like she's a combination of the various versions of the legend. While she did cause the death of her step-daughter, the axe still seems to have been an accident, based on her husband's reaction.

joined Jan 4, 2014

The things you notice when re-reading a series. Like Miko being a fox foreshadowed in chapter 6. :D Always love it when an author manages to work in details like this that at first just seem like your usual clever bits to illustrate the situation, but in hindsight are the actual truth of the matter.

If you go back one page in that chapter and have a look at Miko's phone case...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

If you go back one page in that chapter and have a look at Miko's phone case...

That too, yes.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

This interlude, about Ayame, named "Wounds of Regret", can also be known as Chapter 19.5.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So looks like she's a combination of the various versions of the legend. While she did cause the death of her step-daughter, the axe still seems to have been an accident, based on her husband's reaction.

I actually cannot figure it out how the step-daughter died, it does not look like some sort of violent death, maybe it is from an illness?

It's my interpretation, too. Her stepdaughter fell ill, and rather than helping her, she kept doing the chores, letting her daughter die by neglect. This chapter was an oof in my books.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I actually cannot figure it out how the step-daughter died, it does not look like some sort of violent death, maybe it is from an illness?

It's my interpretation, too. Her stepdaughter fell ill, and rather than helping her, she kept doing the chores, letting her daughter die by neglect. This chapter was an oof in my books.

Based on the barely filled bowl and the legends about that specific monster, malnutrition.

To reply you must either login or sign up.