Forum › Girl Friends discussion

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

School Police is kind of dumb and Secret Recipe goes at a GLACIAL pace though.

Katomixharu%20-%20cross%20heart
joined Jul 3, 2013

School Police is kind of dumb and Secret Recipe goes at a GLACIAL pace though.

Yeah, school police is ok. But Secret Recipe is awesome. I don't mind slow as long as the yuri romance is there.

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Morinaga Milk can do no wrong.

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/mare

Well yeah. I'm also Morinaga Milk's fan (of course due to Girl Friends, among others of her great works). But. Mare is not my genre of Yuri. =/

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well yeah. I'm also Morinaga Milk's fan (of course due to Girl Friends, among others of her great works). But. Mare is not my genre of Yuri. =/

More of a joke than anything. Mare was interesting and worth reading, just not something I'm in a hurry to re-read.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Came across this gallery on DeviantArt. Since very few romances taking place in high school don't go very far into college life and adulthood for the couples, it seems this person wanted commissions of the two girls when they're much older.

Girl Friends - Semi-Continuation

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Came across this gallery on DeviantArt. Since very few romances taking place in high school don't go very far into college life and adulthood for the couples, it seems this person wanted commissions of the two girls when they're much older.

That is... awesome

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

More of a joke than anything. Mare was interesting and worth reading, just not something I'm in a hurry to re-read.

Well, I actually read the whole thing though, even before that post. But still, just not my type. :3

We just got our own preferences I guess. :)

Aweeesome!!!! :D Thank you for this!!!

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Currently re-reading this series. And yeah. It still got it :3

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Own the hard copy, but I still miss the scanlation. There are some subtleties that the official version just doesn't quite nail.

That second to last page gets me choked up every time. Easy to miss, but Mari keeps the print-club photo of her and Akko kissing hidden inside the battery compartment of her phone. I get it, but it still breaks my heart that their relationship is so secret.

last edited at Jan 31, 2015 6:04PM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Own the hard copy, but I still miss the scanlation. There are some subtleties that the official version just doesn't quite nail.

I have noticed this in others as well. For some reason, either we are spoiled by the scanlators or the officials are not up to snuff, it's hard to tell because the scans always seem to add in subtle comments or catch the tone with different words but I tend to favor scans haha. (But I do buy physicals when I have the mulah and space!)

That second to last page gets me choked up every time. Easy to miss, but Mari keeps the print-club photo of her and Akko kissing hidden inside the battery compartment of her phone. I get it, but it still breaks my heart that their relationship is so secret.

I know right. Not to mention Sugi totally knows what's up!!!

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

That is... awesome

is it normal to start feeling melancholic or to be moved by the memory of a manga, olny seeing a gallery of fanworks ?
probably this doesn't happen with every manga...

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

the part akko almost become date rape victim really don't sit well with me..

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

the part akko almost become date rape victim really don't sit well with me..

Well, given the same guy went on to date her classmate, he's really into the teenagers which is kinda creepy too.

At least Harada was a nice guy and a bit younger too, I think.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

i want to see that guy behind bars...
damn women rights in japan what happen to the crazy feminist!!
sorry.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I know right. Not to mention Sugi totally knows what's up!!!

When Mari is talking to her teacher (Naru-chan) about her future plans (after trying to switch to going after beauty school like Akko), Naru asks if she has a boyfriend. Mari replies that she doesn't, but that she's going out with someone, and then goes on to say she doesn't know what will happen with them. When you add in the current situation, which Naru already suspects is about Akko, I always thought that, without realizing it, Mari just basically told Naru that she's dating Akko.

Also, after graduation, Sugi is surprised to realize that Tamamin doesn't know what's up, so it seems at that point she's been assuming that their friends have figured it out.

But you're right. They are trying hard to keep their relationship secret, though they suspect that Sugi might know and that the others might figure it out eventually.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Also, after graduation, Sugi is surprised to realize that Tamamin doesn't know what's up, so it seems at that point she's been assuming that their friends have figured it out.

She shouldn't be too surprised. Taguchi is inexperienced and Kuno doesn't care about anyone's love life but her own.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

She shouldn't be too surprised. Taguchi is inexperienced and Kuno doesn't care about anyone's love life but her own.

And Tamamin is kinda a bit of a dummy. The thought probably just hasn't crossed any of the threes' minds though since they're not quite as perceptive as Sugi-san seems to be.

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

You know I forgot how much a loved reading this series. Waiting for each new chapter to come out, hoping that Mari and Akko would finally connect with each other. I just wish we got even more of them after they became couple. For me the post get-together is my favorite part of any romance story. You know I think I am going to order a copy right now. I didn't realize this had a US release.

Index
joined Nov 1, 2011

BEST YURI MANGA FOR ME :)

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Licensed for reals? Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, will buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!

joined Dec 18, 2014

I just bought it yesterday and it was very worth it.

Edit: what should be noted is that the translation in the physical version is of course different than the one you can find online.
Also it has this little quirk where some words are written bigger (probably to show pronunciation) which is a bit distracting/annoying at first.

last edited at May 25, 2015 3:50PM

joined Jul 31, 2014

This story really worth to read. One of the most highly recommend yuri story. Because of Morinaga milk's girlfriend and even if we're not a friend , I start to read love yuri manga.

joined Jul 31, 2014

This story really worth to read. One of the most highly recommend yuri story. Because of Morinaga milk's girlfriend and even if we're not a friend , I start to read yuri manga.

C8-h7dlw0aetesm
joined Jun 14, 2015

I am obsessed with this series. I've read it 3 times and I already saved up enough to buy the first complete series book. I'm going to buy the second, I'm just lacking the funds right now. I can't wait until Morinaga Milk's newest series gets done being scanlated/translated overseas so I can read it a bajillion times as well. I'd even kickstart this to get an anime. I'd plop down all of my birthday money and half of Christmas just to potentially get it to see the light of day. I didn't even read Yuris 2 months ago. God was I an idiot. So glad this was my first one I ever completed. SUPPORT THE SERIES LIKE ME AND BUY THE MANGAS. Thank the Yuri goddesses for Seven Seas.

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

Even with all of its flaws, to this day "Girl Friends" is still my favorite manga~ I don't think I'll ever get over it ><

To reply you must either login or sign up.