Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021

LOL next they'll announce a love live canon yuri and then it's all over.

I wouldn't be surprised, Love Live has been getting gayer and gayer during the years, if they see that the Yuri market is growing on Anime they would for sure jump to make part of it too lol

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

Man after re reading it all in one go I love how fluffy and calm the first few volumes were and I love their dates plus Shiho is a great character but all in all this feels like such a mess.

Pretty meh if considering how hyped this series is, but i look forward to the direction it takes from here on out

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Anime announced.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Anime announced.

Excellent! ^_^

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's gonna be great! I just hope people behave and don't ruin it for newcomers like "yeah is cute now but later it's gets baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad !! all hope is lost! run while you can!!" or something.

joined Feb 11, 2022

It's gonna be great! I just hope people behave and don't ruin it for newcomers like "yeah is cute now but later it's gets baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad !! all hope is lost! run while you can!!" or something.

I'm more concerned with the adaptation itself. I was expecting this manga to have the best studio of the three series that are going to receive an anime (Yuri is My Job! and Villainess being the other two), as Whisper me a Love Song is probably the best selling manga in the magazine right now. But then again, the Yuri genre still has a small audience in Japan.

last edited at Jan 13, 2023 10:14AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kabu- posted:

I'm more concerned with the adaptation itself. I was expecting this manga to have the best studio of the three series that are going to receive an anime (Yuri is My Job! and Villainess being the other two), as Whisper me a Love Song is probably the best selling manga in the magazine right now. But then again, the Yuri genre still has a small audience in Japan.

For me it's pretty simple, we can finally hear the songs! one of the pillars of this story, the scenes can be pretty simple so long as they give their all during the concerts and flirting.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Is there anyone else here who thought "they look just like the girls from Oregairu" when they saw the main couple? Because comments everywhere are making this comparison now that the anime was announced and I feel like the odd one out because I never thought that while reading the manga.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

JGChaves posted:

Is there anyone else here who thought "they look just like the girls from Oregairu" when they saw the main couple? Because comments everywhere are making this comparison now that the anime was announced and I feel like the odd one out because I never thought that while reading the manga.

Only the orange one perhaps? but that's a hard stretch, personality wise I wouldn't know.

last edited at Jan 13, 2023 1:27PM

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Yeah I've seen people making jokes but there are also a bunch of weebs throwing hate at it now saying that it's a "Oreigaru rip-off" as if Anime designs were the most original thing ever, really sad and unfortunate that this is happening but I guess it's common for the mainstream Anime community try to invent excuses to hate anything that is Yuri

last edited at Jan 13, 2023 3:40PM

joined Feb 11, 2022

Yeah I've seen people making jokes but there are also a bunch of weebs throwing hate at it now saying that it's a "Oreigaru rip-off" as if Anime designs were the most original thing ever, really sad and unfortunate that this is happening but I guess it's common for the mainstream Anime community try to invent excuses to hate anything that is Yuri

No offense, but I think that's just your victim complex talking. In my experience, if there's something that the vast majority of the anime community like, that is Yuri/Shoujo Ai. I'm not sure why would you believe otherwise.

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

No offense, but I think that's just your victim complex talking. In my experience, if there's something that the vast majority of the anime community like, that is Yuri/Shoujo Ai. I'm not sure why would you believe otherwise.

Definitely not, we probably just had different experiences with the vast majority of the Anime community then, what I saw the most were comments on social media like Facebook and Youtube with hate against Yuri, every post on popular Anime socials are flooded with comments like that, we probably didn't experienced the same interaction with the mainstream community

last edited at Jan 13, 2023 6:47PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

This might sound weird but right now I'm glad that yuri animes usually don't get second seasons, you know why, cuz that way I won't have to suffer through shiho and her BS a second time

joined Feb 11, 2022

Definitely not, we probably just had different experiences with the vast majority of the Anime community then, what I saw the most were comments on social media like Facebook and Youtube with hate against Yuri, every post on popular Anime socials are flooded with comments like that, we probably didn't experienced the same interaction with the mainstream community

That's fair. I was mostly talking about the comments I often read on Reddit about the genre as a whole, which are almost always positive. But that's just my personal experience.

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

No matter what people say, I'm always happy for more Yuri anime being announced, especially the ones I've read from the start. I'm getting excited now.

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

That's fair. I was mostly talking about the comments I often read on Reddit about the genre as a whole, which are almost always positive. But that's just my personal experience.

Yeah, Reddit is much more welcoming about the genre, but in big Anime pages like Anime Corner, Yuri gets a lot of hate in the comments of posts, so you can get an idea of ​​what the average mainstream Anime community (people who usually just consume shounen, seinen and straight harem and isekai) thinks about Yuri

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

The thing I expect the most from the anime (other than the perfomances, they better do them justice) is Kaori's voice acting, I feel like she's gonna be such a perfect airhead~

joined Apr 6, 2021

I’m looking forward to the anime, as long as it ends before Shiho makes an appearance.

joined May 24, 2022

I hope laureley wins the challenge but I have a feeling ss will win ,,,,, I love Shiho I can't be the only one ,,,,, right

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

THIS GETTING AN ANIME ADAPTION

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lol%20eiko
joined Mar 29, 2021

Will the two finally talk it out (well more so on Shiho's end) like normal people????? Find out another month later on the next episode (because this damn arc has been dragging out for way too long)!!!! It's funny how split down the middle the forum is on Shiho, you either hate her or you absolutely love her. I'm definitely on the train that prefers her to have minimal screentime although she's surprisingly not that unbearable when she is with Himari.

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

I know people find Shiho annoying (well her entire character arc is troublesome to go through) but idk I related to Shiho a lot and I understand her character but damn why'd they have to elongate her arc through so many chapters when I think it could be easily resolved in 2-3 chapters (if you cut out details and stuff).

joined Oct 27, 2018

This might sound weird but right now I'm glad that yuri animes usually don't get second seasons, you know why, cuz that way I won't have to suffer through shiho and her BS a second time

Lol, I just logged in to say the exact same thing.

Genshin.impact.600.3396601
joined Jul 20, 2016

I really love the cameos of the characters from the author's previous works! Also, super excited for the anime! So happy that Yuri/Shoujo Ai is getting more recognition!

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Man, what a chapter. I really hope the anime can do the series at least some justice, the author puts a ton of effort in the art.

To reply you must either login or sign up.