Forum › Citrus + discussion

joined Oct 20, 2022

^

The Limited Edition of Volume 5 will come with a special booklet where Yurihime author will participate, I assume with a pinup. The authors are / Amemizu Shio ....

Shio Usui, sorry I just want people find her correct pen name. I use a hiragana keyboard, others may not.

Thank you for reminding me. I always buy the special edition anyway. I bought three Volume 4, simply because I want the keychains, and I know for sure that they are original, not some copy cats. So I have just made an order from amazon.jp. Lets hope Iwami Kiyoko and Manio will create some really really trashy characters. Long Live Hanasaki Manio!

last edited at Jan 8, 2023 9:26AM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Honestly, I kinda wish Matsuri had given her a book on sex (^^) Yuzu is as pure-hearted and innocent as it gets and she'll need a lot of help if this relationship is to go anywhere .

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Horny Yuzu just never gonna get any action is she. Poor girl.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

The unfinished September 8th chapter from last month has been updated with the finished art from the volume, so check it out if you're interested!

9fc460b4-c468-4ffc-8607-86aca08cc044
joined May 28, 2017

Wait, this isn’t complete, right?

joined Oct 20, 2022

Honestly, I kinda wish Matsuri had given her a book on sex (^^) Yuzu is as pure-hearted and innocent as it gets and she'll need a lot of help if this relationship is to go anywhere .

Matsuri did not screw up. After the usual afterword by Sabu at the end of the volume (5th), she doodled Yuzu finding out that the book does have sex instructions. (...Yappari, echi na Hon deshita). Since this is a doodle, one wonders if this is a joke from Sabu, or being canon, or both.
I guess Momoiro Shimai is not enough being a sex education manga even though Harumin "got it" after reading some part of it.

last edited at Jan 16, 2023 10:56PM

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Was there any reason stated why Mei doesn't want to have sex with Yuzu? I mean, this has been dragging on for a while now.

Yuzu, looks like Mei is just not into you. Sorry!

joined Dec 17, 2022

The chapter is so "ridiculous" that it is very funny. after 5 volumes yuzu and MEI continue the same is curious. what is your relationship? an asexual. Is kissing forbidden in Japan? I don't know. Honestly reading comments I only see three types of citrus+ readers currently, 1 is an unconditional fan who doesn't care what I gave them saburouta that they are happy, a 2 group of fans who are literally no longer interested in the main couple and who are looking forward to focusing on harumin and matsuri, and for forgotten characters like Sara and nina etc. to appear, and a 3 Group of readers who are literally getting bored of this story or have literally stopped reading it. Concluded, looking to the future (in my opinion) sabu should focus on what is important And stop playing games, otherwise I'm afraid it will gradually lose readers, especially when there are more interesting yuri on the market today. Regards

last edited at Jan 17, 2023 4:27AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Lovely. ^_^

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Lol, please make out. What's wrong with Mei? And why isn't it being addressed? She went from sexually assaulting Yuzu to being a naive maiden that won't even give her a peck facepalm

joined Oct 20, 2022

^
They did make out, IIRC they even have hickeys and Mei was not too happy about it. The problem is, they will not go further, forever stuck in second base and never make it to third base. All of us want to see a home run....

Frankly I am not very interested in Sabu drawing sex scenes. I have read enough of the sex scenes in her shoujo mangas. I will not trust her to draw stuff other than male teachers seducing students. (ring a bell?)..wonder where is the inspiration she gets from while drawing Amamiya? Scratch that, she just cut and paste Amamiya.

last edited at Jan 17, 2023 8:35AM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

It's not really about sex per se, to me at least, it's about seeing their relationship progress. They take small steps here and there, but there's never any follow through and it's been so many years now that you can't help but get frustrated reading it. I just want to see a few chapters where they're connecting and doing things together and Mei has an actual facial expression that somewhat conveys joy. Give me a little fluff, basically, so I can then care more about the story when there's drama in it, since I've actually seen them act as a functioning couple and I don't want them to lose that. It's basic writing 101.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This chapter is a lot of fun and proves that Sabu is keenly aware of the fandom's impressions. She really is a master troll.

Still, I'm baffled at all of you saying Mei and Yuzu's relationship hasn't advanced at all, like, do all of you only count progress if they are having sex? Unlike citrus where Yuzu was the one moving heaven and hell to support Mei and Mei failed to reciprocate, citrus plus is all about Mei acknowledging her shortcomings and working her ass off to support Yuzu as much as she can. She's still a sheltered dumbass that takes things very literally but she's making progress and slowly understanding how to better express her own feelings towards Yuzu.

Oh and the extra leaflet will be a treat for HaruMatsu fans

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Comes in for Matsuri/Harumi

Sees Yuzu/Mei

Seppuku Leaves

joined Dec 17, 2022

Still, I'm baffled at all of you saying Mei and Yuzu's relationship hasn't advanced at all, like, do all of you only count progress if they are having sex?

Oh and the extra leaflet will be a treat for HaruMatsu fans

In my case it has nothing to do with "sex", it has more to do with the fact that they are 18 years old, they are a couple and they have even gotten engaged, and it is normal at those ages to have more interactions as a couple, By God, if she had to spend it with Harumin until Yuzu's birthday, I only ask for a little more to act as a couple. And special brochure very nice harumatsu, if it has Saburouta 5 volumes, playing with these two, but he doesn't decide to develop it. Let's wait to see in the future what he does. Regards

last edited at Jan 17, 2023 11:28AM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Thing is, Mei is by no means a normal 18-year-old. That is the whole crux of the series, Mei learning what it means to be a normal teenager girl.

Oh, and Sabu is a woman.

joined Dec 17, 2022

Thing is, Mei is by no means a normal 18-year-old. That is the whole crux of the series, Mei learning what it means to be a normal teenager girl.

Oh, and Sabu is a woman.

I know that saburouta is a woman, my apologies, it is that English is not my language and when writing it I have put the

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This chapter is a lot of fun and proves that Sabu is keenly aware of the fandom's impressions. She really is a master troll.

Still, I'm baffled at all of you saying Mei and Yuzu's relationship hasn't advanced at all, like, do all of you only count progress if they are having sex? Unlike citrus where Yuzu was the one moving heaven and hell to support Mei and Mei failed to reciprocate, citrus plus is all about Mei acknowledging her shortcomings and working her ass off to support Yuzu as much as she can. She's still a sheltered dumbass that takes things very literally but she's making progress and slowly understanding how to better express her own feelings towards Yuzu.

For me this has nothing to do with “progress” or the relationship between Mei and Yuzu “advancing” per se, but about the radical disconnect between Mei’s character as portrayed in the first series and how she is being depicted here.

In Citrus, once Mei and Yuzu were in a relationship, Mei was shown as being, within the confines of her repressed and hyper-responsible character, horny and in love. Her overwhelming sense of duty (to her family, to the school, etc.) prevented her from fully expressing her love and sexual desire, but both aspects certainly were there. (Yes, she objected to the presence of the hickeys after the fact, but seemed to be fully on board with the activity that led to their existence.)

Then once all the exterior blocks to the MC’s relationship were completely removed, Mei reverted to being considerably more repressed and skinship-avoidant than ever before. Her determination on returning home from her former fiancée’s was supposedly to restart the relationship from scratch, but in fact it has regressed far beyond any plausible new starting point.

Mei is supposed to be a person who is in love with and sexually attracted to Yuzu, but who is keeping those impulses in check in order to build the foundation for a solid and lasting relationship. But she comes off as someone who is only partially familiar with normal human behavior and whose previous experience with sexual desire has been permanently erased from her memory banks.

joined Jan 6, 2022

I feel like a lot of people here need to realise that there's a lot more to a relationship than sex...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I feel like a lot of people here need to realise that there's a lot more to a relationship than sex...

How many people have to say “it’s not about sex—it’s about acting like something resembling a normal couple” to convince you that that people actually do realize that there’s more to a relationship than sex? I count three such comments on this page alone. , , ,

last edited at Jan 17, 2023 8:24PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

But when the relationship started with a good degree of sexuality, and they're supposedly horny teenagers who literally share a bed...

joined Jan 14, 2020

The Limited Edition of Volume 5 will come with a special booklet where Yurihime author will participate, I assume with a pinup. The authors are Iwami Kiyoko / Amemizu Shio / Utatane Yu / Orihichi Chihiro / Kashi Kaze / Takeshima Eku / tsuke / Mihata / Manio / Mukuki Nanatsu / Yuama

https://twitter.com/potato_y_h/status/1607934613216759809

Will it be posted on Dynasty? I just saw the chapter on Mangadex. Was surprised to look up each artist and see that I've read something by nearly all of them. I think Kashi Kaze was the one that triggered my "wait, this style looks familiar".

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Comes in for Matsuri/Harumi

Sees Yuzu/Mei

Seppuku Leaves

In the same boat at this point honestly. The dynamic between them is playful and interesting. I just want to see something happen. Anything. Heck, I was interested in Yuzu's two friends more than I was in Yuzu and Mei because at least there was some drama.

last edited at Jan 17, 2023 11:52PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

I guess I'm still reading out of habit and vague hope. It's not like I follow so many series, or it updates so much, that I'm overwhelmed. I'm not thrilled by what I'm getting, and I have negative interest in Harumin/Matsuri. But hey, pretty girls, and will Mei-bot ever become human?

To reply you must either login or sign up.