Forum › Girls Complex a la Mode discussion

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

Sometimes i really wanna a full continuation of some oneshots like these, but i think i love them more when they are easy to follow and serve the purpose of giving you a little lesson

What a comfy way to start my morning, thank you!

Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

Adult Life Office Lady

hell yeah that's my jam

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

some cute stuff owo
even though some words did sting abit as a transbian

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

great way to start the morning. Very fluffy and nice.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

some cute stuff owo

You know, I didn't even think about that when reading it, but now that I do, I totally see what you mean.

I guess one way to look at it is that these are the words that these characters needed to hear, not some broad truth for everyone. Makes me wonder if the author ever thought about transwomen though.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

"Practicing" kissing...riigghht. And love is painful, but part of the human experience, pumpkins.

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

some cute stuff owo

You know, I didn't even think about that when reading it, but now that I do, I totally see what you mean.

I guess one way to look at it is that these are the words that these characters needed to hear, not some broad truth for everyone. Makes me wonder if the author ever thought about transwomen though.

Which story are you two referring to? I think I understand which one it is, but I want to be fully certain before replying in full.

last edited at Dec 13, 2022 1:37PM

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

A lot of stories in this one seem to be about characters coping with hetero-normativity, in a way very reminiscent of yuri manga made in the late 2000's or so.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Honestly would love to see basically all of these get more chapters they felt short and made me want to know what is next. Especially the two girls and their kissing practice as well as the cutie with the short hair who I can't believe thinks she doesn't look amazing. Also as a person that doesn't like mondo gozungas I much prefer smaller boobs.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

some cute stuff owo

Which story are you two referring to? I think I understand which one it is, but I want to be fully certain before replying in full.

Well, I can’t speak for the original poster but there were two main things that definitely stuck out to me on first reading:

• The “I don’t have a dick!” justification on pg104. Just a small thing but doesn’t have the best implications if you think it through.
  • “no boys allowed” on pg114 — it does make more sense in context, but it definitely still stirs some amount of discomfort in me due to the closet trans effect

But don’t get me wrong, I still love this story. It just has a bit more background radiation than usual.

last edited at Dec 13, 2022 3:40PM

joined Dec 30, 2018

Comfy read

joined Dec 30, 2018

some cute stuff owo

Not a transbian but i know exactly the lines you're talking about, they made me cringe too

I hate how gender is associated with sex

last edited at Dec 13, 2022 4:55PM

joined Dec 30, 2018

some cute stuff owo

Not a transbian but i know exactly the lines you're talking about they made me cringe too

iI hate how gender is associated with sex

But also in a lot of these one shots you see main characters still have to put up and cope with hetero normative society so i guess it's not surprising they have a certain perception of gender and sex and are still figuring things out

I myself used to feel exactly like those girls in the changing room oneshot even after i came out as lesbian and was all for pride and lgbtq+ folks expressing themselves even though, deep inside i was still confused and uneducated on a lot of issues

last edited at Dec 13, 2022 4:55PM

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

some cute stuff owo

Not a transbian but i know exactly the lines you're talking about, they made me cringe too

Gender and Sex Characteristics are very much involved in sexual orientation, attraction and acts. Not absolutely, but they are still important.

What I see is an intolerance to women and their own relationships, attractions, and wants. Why is it a slight, why is it a harm, that lesbian women and women in general want, at least for some minutes while they have sex or change their clothes, to be without male involvement to some degree?

I can understand where some of the slight and some of the pain can come from, but what causes that is not happening in these specific stories.

Why can't women, even for a second, want a space and bodily autonomy without male to some degree? People have a right to say no to what they don't want in their sex, relationships, bodies, and other private spaces. That is all they meant by "No Boys Allowed".

The female characters are literally hurt by the implication that they can't have those things without male involvement or definition to some degree. Asserting Trans this way is no different.

It is healthy to have self-esteem when in isolation or when not included.

Why is the author accused as being potentially thoughtless of Transgender when they are writing stories about girls and women lesbian that show no indication of being Trans?

last edited at Dec 13, 2022 5:20PM

joined Dec 30, 2018

some cute stuff owo

Gender and Sex Characteristics are very much involved in sexual orientation, attraction and acts. Not absolutely, but they are still important.

What I see is an intolerance to women and their own relationships, attractions, and wants. Why is it a slight, why is it a harm, that lesbian women and women in general want, at least for some minutes while they have sex or change their clothes, to be without male involvement to some degree?

I can understand where some of the slight and some of the pain can come from, but what causes that is not happening in these specific stories.

Why can't women, even for a second, want a space and bodily autonomy without male to some degree? People have a right to say no to what they don't want in their sex, relationships, bodies, and other private spaces. That is all they meant by "No Boys Allowed".

The female characters are literally hurt by the implication that they can't have those things without male involvement or definition to some degree. Asserting Trans this way is no different.

Why is the author accused as being potentially thoughtless of Transgender when they are writing stories about girls and women lesbian that show no indication of being Trans?

Don't be transphobic.

Is it really that hard?, do you really need to write an essay on how you see trans women as men?

It's just so tiring man

last edited at Dec 13, 2022 5:27PM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I like when the stories move from cute "Yuri" stories, into just touching LGBTQ life and topics. The super cute "I really really, like this cute person!" are fun, but it's nice to see characters who feel like they exist in a real world.

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

Nothing I said was Transphobic.Can you answer my questions instead of making this personal to me?

Women having their own sexual orientations, relationships, wants, bodily autonomy, and so on is not Transphobia. Stating one's fluidity is not the fluidity of another is not Transphobia. To say that not everything involves "you" is not Transphobia.

I did not equate Transwoman to Men. In fact I said "to some degree", which is not an equation. It is Trans identifying individuals in the comments offended by "no boys allowed". That's ironic.

Let's not go down this road. It is indeed very tiring.

last edited at Dec 13, 2022 5:52PM

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Can't really relate to cis lesbian feelings but I wasn't hurt either.

I just thought that some of those stories felt like they've been written by males.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Nothing I said was Transphobic.Can you answer my questions instead of making this personal to me?

Your questions are intentional misrepresentations of the people you're replying to. You come in making a mountain out of a molehill and act surprised when people see through your charade. Quit being ridiculous. Even the people who find some of the lines hurtful accompanied those concerns with praise for the work as a whole—not that they should have to. When someone says, "some of these lines rubbed me the wrong way," they are simply stating their own feelings on the work, i.e. what this forum is here for. To pretend that this is somehow infringing on these fictional characters' personal conversations is laughable—next time, just wear your ugly heart on your sleeve.

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

Asking questions in actual and literal context to the story and characters is misrepresenting the feelings of people not in the story? Let's not start this with fallacies.

"I can understand where some of the slight and some of the pain can come from, but what causes that is not happening in these specific stories"

I dismissed no one's personal feelings. I recognized them. I simply explained, in context to the story, that "No Boys Allowed" was not an anti-Trans statement,but "we ciswomen want to have sex without a male, to some degree, being involved and defining it as real or not".

I then asked how the personal desire of these characters causes pain in those not involved in this specific relationship?

Some are hurt not by what the context nor story is saying, but outside context. I do not dismiss that.

You accuse me of an ugly heart, because you need me to be ugly thus make me so.

I have no fear of Trans. Likewise, I will not be intimidated by Trans.

I am discussing the story and asking question in context to it.

What have I actually said that is ugly and what have I said exactly that is Transphobic?

Edit: To clarify earlier statement, as I can see where that would cause confusion, I did not use the term intolerance to refer to some pedantic and personal accusation of some phobia or -ism. If so, I would have addressed people directly. What I meant is that the stories, particular Story 6, is about two women in a romantic/sexual relationship hurt by the notion that they can not have that without some male involvement or definition of it not being real. In rejection of this definition, they say, for at least a short period of time, "no boys allowed".

Where does Trans factor into that?

The intolerance I saw was of women wanting this ability, the characters wanting this ability, but then readers not seeing this and being hurt by what was not there in context to the content.

last edited at Dec 13, 2022 7:04PM

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

was afraid to cause a long discussion tbh. I hate them. I just wanted to say how the lines like pg104 "I am not a boy, I dont have a dick" and "only because we are both girls, I understand it" pg118, really struck a nerve.

I would also like to not derail it too much. It also kinda feels like a bad faith argument here.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

was afraid to cause a long discussion tbh. I hate them. I just wanted to say how the lines like pg104 "I am not a boy, I dont have a dick" and "only because we are both girls, I understand it" pg118, really struck a nerve.

I would also like to not derail it too much. It also kinda feels like a bad faith argument here.

It's a legitimate reason to feel uncomfortable and negative about it. You should be allowed to acknowledge you're uncomfortable by cisnormative writing without people jumpin' down your throat.

I didn't notice it myself while reading it, myself, but now that you mention it I do see whatcha mean too.

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

It's a legitimate reason to feel uncomfortable and negative about it. You should be allowed to acknowledge you're uncomfortable by cisnormative writing without people jumpin' down your throat.

I didn't notice it myself while reading it, myself, but now that you mention it I do see whatcha mean too.

Feel negative about a phrase used by two ciswomen lesbians, because they are tired of the hetero-normative definition that sex is not real if it does not involve a penis and or male to some degree in direct response to a male implying their sex isn't real.

The writer had to write hetero-normative, to a point, to even tell the story and make the point. It wasn't to slight Trans even if not quite holistic.

I see a point of common understanding, but I also see a fault given to hetero-normative as being inherently wrong or ignorant or nefariously intended,

I understand it. "No Boys Allowed" appears to dismiss Trans under the premise that some Transwomen have a penis and are attracted to Women. The author could have used "No Boys and Trans Allowed" or "No Penis Allowed", but I can see the former offending some and the later doesn't wholly encompass the concern, which is not just direct involvement.

"No Boys Allowed" is just a general statement to cover the direct and indirect involvement of cismale as not being wanted, and any degree of male. Which is a fair emotion and want to have. Saying that is not jumping down people's throats.

The author's intent is fair, but how should they have better presented it to avoid offense?

Funny, I worried over long debated and vitriol for even asking for better understanding. Interesting how that works out.

last edited at Dec 13, 2022 7:51PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I think you're talking about something different from the posters you replied to. "No Boys Allowed" was only mentioned in one reply, and no one has brought it up since, other than yourself.

To reply you must either login or sign up.