Forum › You Are My Angela discussion

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

The story presents a lot of questions without clear answers... it's interesting that it decides to not directly condemn the MC's abusive actions, but the fact that it leaves a bad taste in our mouths indicates that it already serves that purpose?
Although, from the afterword, it seems that the author understands how dangerously toxic it is, but went for a message saying love and ordinariness overcomes all instead?

Still only making guesses here. If that's what they were going for, I don't like the message... healthy relationships plzz :3

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

I thinks the wings is some kinds of symbolism like the angle dream or something and when people in so deeply in love they will try anything to cut loose of the other person dream in order to keep them from flying away. How this story end implied that the way to your dream maybe lost but it never forgotten and if you truly love someone you keep them with you, you fly away and carry that person so that there are no leftover. But I don't like how the author decided to went with this route of violent, they could have been done by thousand other ways. Thus I think she(just my assumption) mainly chose this way of approach because she want to show us that despite how purely love is there will still some toxic exist in it.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

I'm glad the author acknowledged the dangerous/toxic line of thinking in the afterword. Though I love the artwork, I'm not comfortable with the overall story, but I guess sometimes we do or say things that hurt our partners. It doesn't necessarily have to be the end if the issues are acknowledged and addressed. Sometimes a couple can manage to work it out and move on (or metaphorically fly away) together from it.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Oh, ok. As long they're happy, ok

67312274_634467850367572_3571401392662773760_n
joined May 16, 2019

At the end the MC said " and also you're kind of heavy", does that mean the girl has turned to a normal human ?

joined Aug 3, 2020

At the end the MC said " and also you're kind of heavy", does that mean the girl has turned to a normal human ?

I took that line figuratively as much as literally. Like, at the start of a relationship 'love' will make you feel like you're walking on air. However, the more you start to change the other person, and as you begin to realise that some of the choices you make are inherently selfish, the more you begin to feel the weight of that love.

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

I didn't notice the tags... ( ´ ▽ `; )ゝ
And I must say, that human was pretty selfish. But that's how humans are after all...
Also, I do think the manga was beautiful, I liked the art, the atmosphere and the story.
That angel was so carefree which fits well the character because she has wings and wings are a sign of freedom and lightness. She kinda complete her lover, I guess
I think the end means that the person you love the most deserve a second chance, even if they did bad things to you, they probably did it because they were scared and don't want to break the bond. There's always a reason behind acts. At least, it was a great end!

Yuriisthebestest
joined Sep 4, 2020

Damn this author really likes to makey heart depressed

joined May 3, 2014

There is authorial intent that's shown in the afterword. ' "As long as they have each other, they don't need anything else." It's a bit of a dangerous line of thinking, but the two of them can acknowledge those feelings and try to have a normal, happy relationship.' I think that saying that there is zero authorial intent is a tenuous claim, even if exact interpretations of the text can vary.

And trying to decipher from that what the author intended to say with this story basically amounts to divining from tea leaves.

I'm honestly pretty impressed by the rigor with which clear answers of any kind have been excised from this work.

Ok Random your comments to that stubborn person was really delicious :3 that’s some intelectual smack down XD

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

When there are still comments coming in from the day before on a manga that came out 2 months ago, you know it's controversial

Why couldn't we analyze this story in school instead of freaking Romeo and Juliet? I think I would've done better on my essays if we did

joined Sep 17, 2020

Amazing art

joined Oct 2, 2019

I dont know what to feel anymore...

No to abuse
2/10

joined Mar 15, 2021

The tag [abandonment issues] should be added. If the mc would go as far as cutting an angel’s wings just so she wouldn’t be abandoned, this tag should most definitely be added.

joined Mar 15, 2021

No to abuse
2/10

Warning: This is a little long.

I totally agree. The art is great but the abuse ruined everything. Cutting off an angel’s wings for any reason is not only abuse, but a violation of angel rights and is classified as Angel Mutilation (AM). Cutting off an angel’s wings should only be done if for example, the wing(s) are malfunctioning or infected (in the worst case scenario). Not for fear of abandonment or other selfish reasons, like what the mc did.

On the subject of the mc, she should be arrested for abuse and should be put in regular therapy. As for the angel, she should be educated about her situation (the abuse) and human behaviour and made to understand that if her wings ever regrow, they should never be cut for any other reason then the ones I previously mentioned. She should also but taken into therapy, never be allowed anywhere near the mc (it’s too risky) and taken to a better home. That’s all.

Da%20comrade%20bronya%20crop%20-%20copy
joined Sep 8, 2018

I'm more impressed that a box cutter could actually cut her wings lmao

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I'm more impressed that a box cutter could actually cut her wings lmao

It was probably a slow and painful process. Yikes.....

Untitled152_20200613025305
joined Jun 12, 2020

Man, why do I like hurting my heart?

4729610e8bf70ab77dd2937c04fa1048
joined Sep 1, 2021

beyond excellent... ı'm dying damnn

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

That is a lot of fun for 3 and a half chapters!!!

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Ah the lengths people will go to for love and normality. I also really found it striking how much emphasis was put by the author on how the human was normal, even through her doing the things she did. Great artwork and pacing as always. Love the tension.

joined Oct 25, 2010

What a beautiful profound and wonderful story! I enjoyed reading this so much! Maybe I’ll meet an angel one day who will love me too!

joined Dec 28, 2021

You know these thing that are good but it's better if you stay away from them? Well this is one. Idk, it was too painful for me. Maybe I just have a weak heart.

To reply you must either login or sign up.