Forum › VAMPEERZ discussion

Max Blackwell654
joined Jan 29, 2022

There's rumors around about an anime adaptation, take it with a grain of salt

I hope it does ;_;

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Anyway, one month away is like pouring cold water on my head to clear my mind.

I wonder if Show uses the Wikipedia often. There are places and time in history that unless his entire house is full of world history books, there is no way he can come up with so much information. The information is very obscure, much more than most of the vampire stuff. I do know he has a large library that is quite eccentric, from reading his blog. But that could have been books he bought while he was working on Implicity or some other LoliEro manga. Modern day mangakas must be thankful that they do not need to buy expensive books or constantly borrow books from the library to create the plots. Of course, he DID go overboard by tracing. Prism is always, always, our loss, as in "what might have been".
Oh, after reading this chapter, I cannot keep a Ray Charles song off my mind.
I got my issue on the 15th/16th. I was shocked how early this anthology coming out for this issue. It was out BEFORE Yurihime, that was a first for me. They are always one day behind Yurihime.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

The historical chapters are always my favorite in this manga so getting more of them pleases me.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Regardless of the outcome, 1000 years in peace is what I would call a success Lo/ I don't know how long they have been around, maybe 3000 or 5000 years more? and it seems like the spread of religion and advanced society was the trigger, it was inevitable that things wouldn't stay the same forever if you're targeted as the demon worshiping village.

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

So how old is Aria exactly? I thought at some point she said she was born a few hundred years ago. Maybe I'm misremembering.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Regardless of the outcome, 1000 years in peace is what I would call a success Lo/ I don't know how long they have been around, maybe 3000 or 5000 years more? and it seems like the spread of religion and advanced society was the trigger, it was inevitable that things wouldn't stay the same forever if you're targeted as the demon worshiping village.

yeah no like they really are just immortal so the only real success is forever peace which is frankly impossible, a thousand years can be said to be pretty good at that point but forever is kind of setting yourself up to fail.

last edited at Nov 19, 2022 7:38PM

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

So how old is Aria exactly? I thought at some point she said she was born a few hundred years ago. Maybe I'm misremembering.

This page says 4000
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/vampeerz_ch38#26

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I wonder if Show uses the Wikipedia often. There are places and time in history that unless his entire house is full of world history books, there is no way he can come up with so much information

It's very common for mangaka, their assistants, and their editors, like with standard authors, to do all sorts of research for their work. It's always fun to see it done well as it tends to be, uh, less sophisticated in the anime, light novel, and manga scene.

I'd totally bet Al-kamil fell on purpose and that this could entirely end with Al-kamil as Ichika's new little sister. Probably not as it seems something bad is going to happen regarding Ichika's becoming a Lilu or not and it seems something edgy is on the horizon. I wonder if Shou/the magazine plans to extend this series beyond this arc

last edited at Nov 19, 2022 8:17PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

This page says 4000

First of all, always remember that the manga time is 2019. So all calculations are based on 2019.
Here are my calculations, birth year, turning year.

Aria 2028-2004 BCE (Middle chronology) or 1964 to1940 BCE*
Maoa 1119**, ?***, met Aria 1890s
Arthur c1450?****, 1471
Khara 1707, 1725
Shadi Kermani 1819?, 1837*****
Jirou 1874, 1895
Sakuya 1902 1923
Al-Kamil Gika 1, 10******

Ichika 2005

• There is no specific date. This is just calculations by archeologists. ** Refused to give a specific date, thus my approximation *** Refused to talk about it. **** Mercenaries usually were still teenagers in medieval times. ***** Turned twice. First into a Lilu by Khara, then into a crow by Aria. ****** Estimation.

last edited at Nov 19, 2022 8:37PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I find it odd that Al has an accident. I would say she has done a calculated risk analysis.
I wonder who the murderer is, Read those panels again and you should be able to figure it out.
Shades of Interview with a Vampire: Turning a kid is a no no.
Blood-letting was still there all the way to the 18th century.

Georgia, oh Georgia...Georgia on my mind.
The chapter hurts so much. Aria really loves Al.
Just by reading up to here in chapter 42, I begin to understand why Aria wants to die. How does it feel to adopt a child, raises her up, loves her unconditionally, and then she becomes a mass murderer. The guilt will be overwhelming.
The only person who can understand that is Khara. She saved Shadi because she felt Shadi is just like her, around the same age, and Khara has been lonely ever since being turned.
Even though it is a different kind of love, Ichika is Aria's second chance and second love.
Aria did nothing wrong, whatever Al did, it was her own idea.
I bet Aria is a war orphan too.

Aria's King is correct. Al-kamil is too young to handle and control herself. Just like Aria, but in her case, she is 9 when turned, Think about it, she is a 2nd grader. When the environment changes by the 11th century, the adults can handle it without breaking any laws. Al cannot. She cannot handle the hunger. she does not understand the rules. Aria thought that Al being smart would be able to handle it. Just like a wild animal, she would do anything, including killing, to get her blood as opposed to wait it out. It is not about being smart. It is about mental strength. It would make no difference whether she is 1000 year old, or 2000, her body and brains are still belonged to a 9 years old. Its like telling a child not to eat all the Pokies at once. Being smart only makes her wanting it more. She will clean out the cabinet, and pretends nothing has happened.

last edited at Nov 25, 2022 4:49AM

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Agree, it seemed Al planned to get hurt so she would need to turn into a vampire. I'd just add that this is not a regular child way of thinking and acting. And since is just a manga with fictional characters, I can say this without being a psychiatrist: Al seems a psycho, and turning a psychopath into a vampire should also be a no no. And this adds another layer of tragedy to it all.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Agree, it seemed Al planned to get hurt so she would need to turn into a vampire. I'd just add that this is not a regular child way of thinking and acting. And since is just a manga with fictional characters, I can say this without being a psychiatrist: Al seems a psycho, and turning a psychopath into a vampire should also be a no no. And this adds another layer of tragedy to it all.

I mean, that last page was pretty psycho of her anyway

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Eh, it apparently worked fine for a bunch of centuries; that doesn't come across as it was an obvious mistake from the start ...

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

This page says 4000

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/vampeerz_ch31#12 When she first said it she was actually unsure if it was 4000 or 5000, lol. She had to use the fall of the Sumerian king Ibbi-Sin at the hands of the Elamites to jog her memory.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I disagree, I think it was exactly what a child would do. A mortal child surrounded by immortal beings, wishing to join them. It would be more surprising if she had the patience and foresight to know that waiting until she grows up is preferable.

Plus, as a child she would have a very loose grasp of her own mortality to begin with, coupled with the fact she was living surrounded by people who literally could not die and she knew she could join them; I can easily see a 9-year-old kid not making a big deal out of jumping off a cliff under such circumstances.

In fact, this might be the reason why she became a psychopath as a vampire. Aria and her entire posse act pretty immaturely and closer to what you would expect from their apparent age if they were mortal. I think it is pretty obvious that at least on some level they are mentally frozen in time (which would also explain why Aria's entire personality did not just collapse under the weight of four millennia of memories and boredom - she explicitly compares eternal life to boredom). Now imagine a literal child subjected to this.

Children do not have their personalities developed, they do not have emotional maturity or the feeling of right and wrong (there is a reason why kids can be so excessively cruel - they literally do not have a frame of reference for their actions until they are taught by adults). Al-Kamil was still in the middle of this process when she was turned, gods know what that meant for her psychological development, or if she would even be capable of having psychological development after that point.

Put it this way, even if literally nothing about her was said before now and this background story was the very first time she was mentioned, I would have alarm bells going off immediately just the same.

last edited at Nov 20, 2022 4:13PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018
4a988c9f-5d1b-45ec-9cf6-77d69949c95c
joined Jul 30, 2022

Al Khamil did it on purpose

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Well, I don't think she is an average kid because the plan 'get a deadly wound to become a vampire' requires for you to feel a lot of pain, the very thing that gets us an evolutionary tool so we don't die that easily, fear. In a lot of cases, children get hurt because they don't know how to assess a situation, leading them to awful choices wich brings bruses and broken bones. When facing the same situation that in the past brought pain, a kid would be a little scared and able to think better about what to do next. Al, being a 9 year old, knows that already, she lived for 9 years and is very smart, as we were told. Even after executing that plan, with a deadly wound, she wasn't freaked out, she was in pain but she wasn't acting like a regular kid would, no scream, no tear. She was calm, she was so cold blood she said "Let me drink your blood, that way I'll be your little sister forever". Yes, kids are impatient, but for a kid to go such lengths just so she could get what she wants is not an ordinary thing.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I wonder when Aria talking with the king, while Al was lying on Aria asleep.....actually I think she is paying attention to what the conversation, while pretends to sleep. That dialogue makes her feel that the sooner she get turned the sooner the less chance the King will stop. Remember she is very impatient.
As far as one concern, she could be traumatized sucking milk from her dead mother who is starting to decompose. We do not know how many violence and cruelty that she has experience while she was a baby. Those experience can show up later in life.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

"First"...go ahead and skip;
I closed and blackened the so called spoilers, but never mind, I deleted them altogether. Go ahead and ready for some handkerchief, you may need it. but most importantly, most of the things are now fall into place, so the old chapters finally make total sense. Go and re-read ALL the chapters. Starting from the chapter where Arthur kidnapped Khara. That is chapter 17.

last edited at Dec 18, 2022 4:39PM

Max Blackwell654
joined Jan 29, 2022

Lol here I was like just now came to check if u wrote something xD no worries btw one question since i cant really read the raws i like saw a glimpse of one page..so.

I dont think its spoiler but anyway Spoiler so dont look down cause I have been trying to blacken it but idk how
EDIT: can someone tell me how to put spoiler ....i tried for 10 mins ..couldnt do it

the ones who were standing on the mountain at the begining while aria was climbing back with others..are they dangerous? Their were 5 of them

last edited at Dec 19, 2022 5:17AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

EDIT: can someone tell me how to put spoiler ....i tried for 10 mins ..couldnt do it

what you do is you put two equal signs at the front and the back of whatever you're writing. so like you would with () but with ==

like this
/==this is a spoiler==
and without the / it looks like this
this is a spoiler

Max Blackwell654
joined Jan 29, 2022

what you do is you put two equal signs at the front and the back of whatever you're writing. so like you would with () but with ==

like this
/==this is a spoiler==
and without the / it looks like this
this is a spoiler

Ohhhh Thanks a lottttt my savior

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Lol here I was like just now came to check if u wrote something xD no worries btw one question since i cant really read the raws i like saw a glimpse of one page..so.

I dont think its spoiler but anyway Spoiler so dont look down cause I have been trying to blacken it but idk how

the ones who were standing on the mountain at the begining while aria was climbing back with others..are they dangerous? Their were 5 of them

No, they were there to arrest Al.

They locked Al up in a hut, then brought her out and sentenced her to death. But she managed to kill the human executioner. Before fleeing with the treasure sword, she swore to everyone that she would sought revenge.
You see, the village followed human law. She did not, so she founded Gika.

last edited at Dec 24, 2022 11:30AM

Max Blackwell654
joined Jan 29, 2022

Oh damnnnn I am getting excited thankssss a lotttt ...I ma wait patiently then... man if only this manga could get anime adaption

To reply you must either login or sign up.