Forum › A Story of Awkward and Tender Memories Left by a Self-Proclaimed Scum Mother for Her Daughter discussion

Afterschooljpgg
joined Jan 9, 2021

damn bro is there like a "heartwarming but also kinda soulcrushing" tag? You could make a religion out of this

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Mmmm...

Pain.

joined May 13, 2022

We got wholesomeness but at what cost?
Pain.

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

wholesome pain

Violetpfp
joined Aug 12, 2021

who's cutting onions?

joined Jun 11, 2016

damn bro is there like a "heartwarming but also kinda soulcrushing" tag? You could make a religion out of this

we need that type of tag omfg. I went into this expecting wholesomeness, and then I fucking bawled at the end.

joined May 4, 2019

who's cutting onions?

and lots of them

D3709e6d-42c1-4316-b0e4-b3dc9a5fa060
joined Nov 21, 2020

Why’d I have to zoom n and read the pile of cards T_T

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

That hurt my heart

This is really beautiful. Our parents always die one way or another, but if there were any happy times, we still get to cherish them even if they are fewer than the bad times. I think this story is a beautiful ode to life with all its chaotic inconsistencies and the love that can bring us all together underneath it all.

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

damn this really hit me where it hurts

Clipboard%20image%20(3)
joined Nov 11, 2018

Ow

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

Wow... yeah, ouch. Didn't hear any weather reports about torrential rain today, but alas, here we are.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Tsuruse usually makes pretty comedic one-shots, so I was quite surprised about this.

But this is actually really good mood piece and has right mix of barely masked existential despair and love between parent and child. It's not cheap and almost abusive as some death-related stuff is in fiction. Tsuruse just left that part out, and focused on how this girl felt when her mother was still alive, and afterwards when she grew up.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Man, is this Autobiographic? I hope not, but it feels real. -__-

who's cutting onions?

and lots of them

Ninjas, man. You can't see them, but they're there, just cutting away. ;__;

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, thank you, it's not like I needed a heart anyway...

Ayaka
joined Feb 10, 2013

Wake up read this and then sadness

joined Apr 16, 2022

one of the best short oneshots i've ever read. this does such a good job of characterizing Ruka's mother through small details, i'm kind of in awe.

joined Aug 9, 2021

I came here to escape reality but it still slapped me in the face. I love being clueless, but the possible scenarios and stories make me both heartwarming and sad at the same time. At least I don't want to know what happened to the mother. Dust got into my eyes.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Why’d I have to zoom n and read the pile of cards T_T

I now did it too and I have to cry even more

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

"EMOTIONAL SUPPORT: MY LOVING MOTHER"

Well I can see why you'd need it. I mean, the story is like this...
Good for you I guess.

joined May 23, 2015

fun fact, Ruka (daughter) is in another story from this artist. (A Story About a Woman Who Wants Her Cute and Bratty Subordinate to Call Her by Her First Name)

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

Tsuruse you bastard, how could you

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

The comment about the mom quitting smoking made me think of a much more dark piece on this website

8a9
joined Feb 7, 2018

Bro never did I think that reading anything on this site would make me legit tear up lmao. Fucking hell dude this one hurts

To reply you must either login or sign up.